Products that reduce gassing in the intestine
What products increase gas production and what reduce?
MergerMudrets (14260) 7 years ago
The more violated the processes of normal digestion and absorption of food ingredients, the more intestinal gases are formed
Excessive amount of gas causes pain and bloating, belching, increased volume and stench of emitted gases. Involuntary emission of gases often leads to psychological discomfort, the emergence of neuroses.
Treatment is based on the underlying disease and includes:
1) correction of diet;
2) treatment of diseases that caused flatulence;
3) restoration of the intestinal microbiocenosis;
4) removal of accumulated gases from the lumen of the gut with the use of prokinetics, adsorbents, defoamers.
Begin the treatment of a patient suffering from flatulence, it is necessary with the organization of rational nutrition, which is built taking into account the underlying disease. In addition to the mentioned legumes and products containing coarse fiber (cabbage, spinach, sorrel, grapes, apples, gooseberries, raspberries, dates, etc.). from the diet should be excluded from the use of highly aerated beverages, products that cause fermentation reactions (kvass, young beer, black bread, raisins). The patient should be warned that the hobby of chewing gum, smoking, a copious reception of protein food, especially hard to digest (pork, lamb, goose) can lead to flatulence. Vegetables and fruits are appointed in raw and cooked form, especially puree from carrots and beets. Recommended use of fermented milk products, crumbly porridges of buckwheat and millet groats. Meat should be cooked or baked, preferably with a piece. Bread is preferred wheat from a meal or with the addition of wheat bran. It is important to observe the correct diet. Food should be taken 5 times a day, breakfast should be quite large, contain dishes from cereals.
Drugs of choice that quickly stop the increased gas formation and facilitate the removal of gases from the intestine are adsorbents and defoamers.
However, when using adsorbents, constipations are often amplified or appear and from the gut lumen along with the gases microorganisms, minerals, vitamins are removed, compensate.
A fundamentally new means of combating meteorism is the preparation simethicone (Espumizan®, Berlin-Chemie) which is a high-molecular polymer dimethyl siloxane synthesized on the basis of silicon, with the addition of 4-7% SiO2.
User deletedThe Thinker (8169) 7 years ago
Increase-black bread, legumes, eggs.
What foods cause bloating?
Flatulence is a condition of increased gas formation in the intestinal cavity, which brings considerable discomfort to a person's life. Flatulence can be the result of some diseases or the consequence of a malnutrition. The use of certain foods can significantly increase the intensity of gassing in the intestine, even with its normal functional state.
Causes and mechanism of development of flatulence
Normally, a person has about a liter of gas in the intestine within 24 hours. The source of its appearance is the ingestion of air during a hasty meal, the deterioration in the process of digesting food with including in the process of the microflora of the colon, the enzymatic systems of which lead to increased gas production. Also, the development of flatulence can lead to a decrease in intestinal motility (wall movements aimed at pushing the contents into the lower sections) due to various pathological processes.
Products that cause gas formation and bloating in healthy people
Increased gas formation in the lower parts of the digestive tract develops due to the intake of insufficiently split protein compounds and some carbohydrates. Some foods contain components that are difficult to digest in small intestine, which leads to the intake of insufficiently digested protein compounds in the lumen of the thick guts. These include:
- milk - in adults there is no enzymatic system responsible for the curdling of milk in the stomach, which leads to insufficient digestion of proteins and carbohydrates included in its composition;
- legumes - contain in their composition a significant amount of plant proteins, which are difficult to subjugate the process of cleavage in the small intestine;
- vegetables that contain in their composition sulfur-containing protein compounds (radish, garlic, cabbage) - sulfur can lead to a decrease in the activity of digestive enzymes in the cavity of the small intestine;
- kvass and black bread - can contain viable yeast fungi that are in the lumen thin and large intestine provoke the development of fermentation processes with the formation of a significant amount gas.
The intensity of gas formation depends on the number of products taken, which provoke flatulence, and also on the individual characteristics of the organism. So some adult people normally tolerate milk, without increased gas formation in the intestines.
What products cause flatulence in diseases?
Most pathological processes in the organs of the digestive system lead to a violation of its functional activity. Pathologies primarily lead to a decrease in the production and activity of digestive enzymes, as well as a decrease in intestinal motility. To such diseases, provoking the development of flatulence, are:
- peptic ulcer;
- enteritis (inflammation of the large intestine);
- colitis (inflammation of the large intestine);
- chronic pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas with a decrease in the production of digestive enzymes);
- irritable bowel syndrome.
In these conditions, increased gas production provokes the use of plant foods, which contains a significant amount of fiber. Normally, vegetable fiber improves the functional activity of the intestine, its peristalsis, and forms fecal masses. In the conditions of the pathological process in the organs of the digestive system, plant fiber provokes increased gas formation due to digestion of microflora by enzymatic systems the colon. Against the backdrop of diseases, flatulence can develop with eating, increasing functional load on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract (fried, spicy and fatty foods, marinades and pickles).
What products do not develop bloating?
There are foods that do not cause an increase in the functional load on the digestive system. Their components are fully digested in the small intestine, while in the colon goes the process of water absorption and formation of stool without excessive gassing. Such food components include:
- sour-milk products - they do not require curtailing in the stomach, and also contain a large amount C lactic acid bacteria, which are necessary for normal functional activity of thin and thick intestines;
- vegetables and fruits containing analogues of digestive enzymes, thereby facilitating the process of digestion of other foods in the intestines - celery, fresh papaya and pineapple;
- herbal tea, chamomile, mint - reduce the spasm of the walls of the small and large intestine, and also promote the normalization of peristalsis and well help with bloating;
- rice - this cereal has the least functional load on the intestines, its components are quickly digested and absorbed;
- low-fat dietary meat (rabbit, chicken) - are a source of proteins and essential amino acids, while not requiring increased activity of the digestive system.
To reduce flatulence is also important to eat at least 5 times a day, the last meal is desirable no later than 2 hours before the proposed sleep. Food should be steamed or boiled in water. During food, the food should be chewed slowly, which will avoid swallowing the air. Saliva contains a part of digestive enzymes, which prepares food for further digestion in the stomach and colon.
If after elimination from the diet of food, which increases gas formation in the intestine, systematic bloating continues, it is necessary to consult a doctor, since in this case, the cause of flatulence can be a pathological process in the organs of the system digestion. The doctor will conduct an objective diagnosis of the causes of this condition and prescribe adequate treatment.
How to reduce gas production in the intestine
The process of gas formation is quite natural for our body. It is completely impossible to exclude it, but reducing gas generation is a real task. So, we will learn more about this.
What is flatulence?
The process of gas formation in the intestine is called meteorism. It has several kinds. Here they are:
- Digestive.This type is found most often. The reason for this are disruptions in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, including an enzyme deficiency.
- Mechanical.It is also associated with impaired functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, but mechanical.
- Dynamic.This type of flatulence is based on disturbances in the work of the intestine. This type of flatulence is calm and does not cause movement of gases.
- Alimentary.In this case, the cause of gas generation are errors in nutrition. These can be products that cause increased gas production.
- Dysbiotic.Violation of the natural composition of microflora is the basis of its development.
- Circulatory.In this case, the gas formation itself is violated, and as a consequence of this, the gas escape is difficult.
Causes of flatulence
Gas formation can be a symptom of paresis of the intestine and peritonitis, irritable bowel syndrome. But most often a person provokes flatulence. There are two groups of reasons for increased gas formation. It's air and intestinal gases. It is swallowed air that is often the cause of swelling. Mom knows that this is typical of infants, who, together with their mother's milk, seize the air, which is the cause of constant gas formation.
Normally, of course, a small amount of air should enter the intestine, but it increases significantly for several reasons:
- Smoking.Panting, a man inhales the air.
Increased gas production: what to do?
Start by identifying the cause and fix it. It is advisable to pass the examination with a gastroenterologist. And at this time, reduce the number of cigarettes smoked, and ideally get rid of this bad habit. Eliminate from your menu products that cause increased gas production. Please note that our body is not configured to eat exotic fruits and multicomponent dishes with sauces and seasonings. The menu should contain simple food, so the kitchen should be natural, Russian. Chinese dishes, Japanese food in the diet should not be present if you want to reduce gassing in the intestine.
If the survey finds that the causes of gassing in the violation of the digestive process, then, perhaps, the doctor will appoint enzyme substances that improve it. They stimulate the flow of pancreatic juice and bile.
If the accumulation of gases occurs due to the use of drugs, then surely they should be canceled or replaced by others, similar to the spectrum of action.
When the gastroenterologist after the examination does not find the reasons for increased gas production, then for certain there is a reason to turn to a proctologist or even a neurologist. Do not delay the visit to the doctor, because increased gas formation can only be the first bell of the onset of a dangerous illness.
Sources: http://otvet.mail.ru/question/22889489, http://mojkishechnik.ru/content/kakie-produkty-vyzyvayut-vzdutie-zhivota, http://nmedic.info/story/kak-umenshit-gazoobrazovanie-v-kishechnike
No comments yet!
Share your opinion