Radiation therapy in Israel
Radiotherapy for the time of application in medicine had time to prove its anticancer effectiveness. It is often prescribed in combination with other antitumor treatment methods, the choice of which depends on the type and stage of cancer. Radiation therapy involves the use of a stream of high-energy particles. They destroy the DNA chain in cancer cells, preventing their subsequent division and growth. This helps stop the growth and further spread of the malignant tumor. Unlike chemotherapy, which affects the entire body, radiation treatment is more local and less aggressive.
Get prices from 5 leading
overseas clinics for cancer treatment
* There are many unscrupulous middlemen in the medical tourism market, who are cheating prices.
Radiotherapy in Israel is conducted by experienced doctors who have received specialized training and have extensive experience in the field of medical radiology. Over the years, Israeli radiation oncologists have been developing effective radiotherapy protocols, determining optimal radiation doses for treating various types of cancer. This allowed them to achieve the maximum antitumor activity of treatment and minimize harm to healthy tissues. A whole team of doctors works with every patient. It includes a radiation oncologist, a medical physicist, a radiation dosimeter, a radiation therapist and a nurse who has undergone special training. Together they develop an individual treatment plan and monitor the safety and efficacy of therapy. With a high quality of treatment, the cost of radiotherapy in Israel is lower than the average prices in the world's clinics.
Radiotherapy is an important tool in the fight against cancer. Radiation therapy in Israel is used to reduce the size of the tumor and destroy cancer cells. Radiation can also negatively affect the healthy cells of the body, but their damage is reversible. Normal non-cancer cells have the ability to recover after irradiation. To minimize the impact of radiation on the body, Israel uses radiotherapy equipment that focuses radiation and accurately directs it to the tumor.
Radiotherapy is used to treat cancer tumors of varying degrees of development, as well as some non-cancer diseases. Its main objectives are:
- Primary treatment of small, localized tumors
- Relief of symptoms in advanced stages of cancer
- Increase the effectiveness of other antitumor methods
- Reduction of tumor size before surgical intervention (neoadjuvant therapy)
- Elimination (destruction) of tumor cells not removed with the tumor
Like all antitumor methods, radiotherapy is rather aggressive treatment, with its side effects. Doctors of Israeli clinics carefully weigh potential therapeutic benefits for the patient and possible risks.
- Cancer cachexia. Such severe symptoms as progressive weight loss, dehydration, and lack of appetite are absolute contraindications to radiotherapy.
- Perforation of the esophagus, lung cancer with massive pleural effusion, liver cancer with massive ascites.
- Radiation-insensitive tumors: fibrosarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, liposarcoma, synovial sarcoma, osteosarcoma, neurogenic sarcoma, etc.
- Moderately sensitive to radiation tumors that recurred after the course of radiation therapy.
- Moderately sensitive to radiation tumors with distant metastases.
Do you want to know the cost of cancer treatment abroad?
* Having received data on the patient's illness, the clinic representative will be able to calculate the exact price for treatment.
Preparing for radiation therapy
- Step 1: Consultation. Treatment begins with a consultation of the radiation oncologist, which will be attended by your doctor. On the first visit, the doctor will conduct a medical examination, examine the medical history, the results of diagnostic studies, and a list of medications you take. After that, possible treatment options are discussed.
- Step 2: Modeling.Before the start of treatment, most patients undergo a stage of simulation. The purpose of this procedure is to determine the exact area of the body to which radiotherapy will be applied. For this, a CT scan is performed. The received parameters are set in the computer program. Your skin will be given special tattoo marks to ensure accurate use of the irradiation at all stages of treatment.
- Step 3: Planning.After the simulation phase, you will have several days or weeks to rest. At this time, the radiation oncologist will develop an individual treatment plan, taking into account the characteristics of your disease and the type of radiation device. The number of sessions, the duration of therapy and the dose can be determined only by the doctor. Your treatment plan may differ significantly from other patients, and from the radiation treatment you received earlier.
Types of radiotherapy in Israel
Thanks to the excellent technical equipment of Israeli clinics, local doctors have access to high-tech types of radiation therapy. These include:
- Radiation therapy under visualization control (IGRT).Irradiation passes with immediate visualization and fixation of the patient's body position. In addition, the location of the tumor is controlled (some tumors can move as a result of breathing or intestinal motility). This allows you to minimize the error of focusing rays and protect healthy tissue.
- Radiation therapy with modulated intensity (IMRT).The technology allows you to change the intensity of radiation during the procedure. This helps to affect the tumor with a high dose of radiation, sparing healthy cells. This is modern radiotherapy in Israel, the reviews of which confirm its effectiveness.
- Brachytherapy.The radiation source enclosed in the capsule is placed directly into the focus of the malignant process. Radioactive "seeds" can be implanted into the body during a surgical procedure. The main advantage of brachytherapy is that it is possible to influence the tumor with a high dose of radiation.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery.This is a high-tech kind of treatment. It involves a single exposure to a tumor with a high dose of radiation. The procedure is non-invasive, does not require anesthesia and external incisions. Radiation therapy of the brain in Israel is most often carried out by this method. The only condition for treatment is the small size of the tumor.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy.Another modern method of treatment used in Israel. Irradiation is performed directly during the operation. This helps to eliminate tumor cells that are not distinguishable for the eye of the surgeon.
- Proton therapy.Proton-beam therapy in Israel is a radically new kind of radiotherapy. He uses for the delivery of radiation not photons, as most methods of radiation therapy, but protons. They penetrate the tissues at a more precise depth.
Benefits of Radiation Therapy
- The death of a significant part of the cells within the tumor, so radiotherapy can be used as an independent treatment for small malignant tumors.
- Destruction of tumor cells not visible to the naked eye, on the periphery of the tumor (intraoperative radiotherapy).
- The ability to reduce the size of the tumor, resulting in previously inoperable patients can undergo surgical treatment.
- Relative safety and painlessness.
- Synergy with systemic therapy (increasing the effectiveness of other anti-cancer therapies).
- Preservation of the organ (the possibility of eliminating the tumor without removing the breast, parts of the gastrointestinal tract, etc.).
How much does radiation therapy in Israel cost?
The final amount depends on many conditions, such as: the type of tumor, its stage, the selected radiotherapy tactic, its duration, etc. However, in general, radiotherapy prices in Israel are 30-50% lower than in cancer centers in the US, Europe and Canada. Israeli clinics are in no way inferior to them in terms of technical equipment and quality of treatment. An additional advantage is the excellent conditions for rehabilitation after radiotherapy in Israel.
Do not waste time on useless search inaccurate.
prices for cancer treatment
* Only with the condition of obtaining data on the patient's illness, the representative of the clinic will be able to calculate the exact price for the treatment.