Cancer mole on the back
Moles are pigmented formations on the skin of an innate or acquired character. They can be of different size and color, and also be located on different parts of the body. As a rule, many nevi are on the back, especially - in the male.Birthmark on the backmost susceptible to various mechanical effects. Basically, they can be traumatized from constant contact with clothing, rubbing with straps of a backpack, in women - bra straps. Frequent damage can lead to malignant transformation, causing the development of melanoma - the most aggressive cancer.
The first signs that the mole on the back is growing and degenerating into a malignant
Nevuses, in most cases, do not pose a great danger. But you need to constantly monitor your birthmarks, so as not to miss the first stage of a terrible disease - melanoma, when it is still treatable. Birthmarks on the back are difficult to consider because of their location. But in the examination of moles can help relatives or a doctor - a dermatologist, to which it is necessary to take for the rule of regular registration at the reception for preventive examinations.
Signs of the degeneration of benign neoplasms into malignant ones is the change:
- Colors: a benign mole on the back should be of the same shade without different color impregnations. It is worth paying close attention, if the birthmark begins to turn black or vice versa - it becomes lighter, black, red, bluish inclusions appear on it.
- Size: a normal "healthy" nevus is considered a birthmark not larger than 6 mm in diameter.
- Heights: if the mole begins to grow in height, while it hurts or bleeds, it is necessary to immediately make an appointment with a doctor - an oncologist.
- Asymmetry: nevus grows in different directions, while having uneven edges, which can be blurred or cut.
The risk group falls first of all men, then pregnant women at different periods of gestation, genetically predisposed people, as well as lovers of sunbathing - get a dose of ultraviolet light, from the harmful effect of which suffers, in in particular, it is the back.
What if the birthmark on the back hurts?
Pain in the area of localization of pigmented lesions on the back can be one of the signs of malignant transformation. To determine the cause of the painful sensations, you should consult a doctor and, if necessary, take a survey.
Factors of soreness of the birthmark may be:
- Trauma (tearing or full separation of the nevus, inflammation). To prevent infection of the injured birthmark, it is necessary to treat it with hydrogen peroxide and a strong antiseptic - "Chlorhexidine with a bactericidal plaster. When examining a birthmark with a microtrauma, the doctor may recommend removing it to avoid malignancy. When inflammation of a mole, you need to take painkillers as prescribed by the doctor.
- Burn nevus with a long stay in the sun, in a solarium or in the sauna. It is necessary to impose a sterile swab on the education of the profile doctor beforehand, pretreated with an antiseptic, and seal with adhesive tape.
- Reincarnation into skin cancer. If the pain is accompanied by itching, tingling, peeling or other clinical manifestation of melanoma, then immediately, without delay, visit the office of a doctor - oncologist.
When should I see a doctor?
You need to come to see a doctor if you notice at least one of the signs of a malignant degeneration. Consultation with a doctor is necessary for any changes in the neoplasm, including a change pigmentation, size, structure and pain, especially pulsating, "tearing" pain when click.
The oncologist should be consulted if blood comes from the mole or there are purulent discharge, and also when the skin of the back is darkened without exposure to ultraviolet rays. It is necessary to make an appointment with a doctor for any suspicious phenomena in the nevus on the back, in time to diagnose the most aggressive oncology.
Signs of malignancy
Malignant neoplasm on the back differs from a benign mole with such signs:
- an increase in size, flattening or drying, the formation of nevus tubercles or its growth in height;
- intensity of pigmentation of malignant formation or its clarification;
- the birthmark bleeds, cracks or sores appear on it, which are covered with a crust;
- the formation itches, there is a burning sensation in its zone, an unpleasant sensation increases;
- around the birthmark appears redness, its edges are inflamed, and an increase in lymph nodes is also observed.
With such signs of malignancy, consultation of the oncologist-dermatologist is absolutely necessary.
Melanoma on the back
What tests need to be done?
For the detection of melanoma, the profile doctor for skin cancers, in addition to visual examination and palpation, usually assigns a full diagnosis of the patient to make the correct diagnosis. In addition to the main clinical tests in the laboratory, it is necessary to pass:
- Dermatoscopy- examination of the nevus with a special device that allows you to study the composition of the lesion on the back without surgical intervention.
- Confocal microscopy- study of the fine cellular structure of the nevus, the spatial arrangement of different substances in the cell in quantitative terms, as well as the analysis of the dynamics of melanomization. In this analysis, skin layers are scanned.
- Biopsy- During this analysis, a piece of a birthmark's tissue is taken. This method can be carried out if all the tests have been done, but the diagnosis is not established. There is a certain risk in biopsy to trigger the "mechanism" of the existing melanoma for its rapid metastasis when the mole is damaged.
When is the mole on the back better to remove?
It is important to know that the "fly" in itself is a potential spreader of melanocytes to the area of unpigmented skin. This may be a prerequisite for the formation of a malignant disease. But not all birthmarks on the back can be cancerous. To identify potentially "dangerous in the first place, it is necessary to consult an oncologist who, after examination and analysis, determine whether to remove the lesion on the back, and advise the method excision.
On the back it is better to remove the birthmark, which is constantly in contact with clothing and is injured, as well as when detecting the first cancer signs of the nevus.
Removal can be done using the following methods:
- The radio wave method.
- Application of laser surgery (laser beam).
- Cryodestruction. Application of liquid nitrogen.
- Surgery. It is worth considering that after her in place of the birthmark will remain a small scar.
In most casesbirthmark on the backgrows and degenerates into a skin cancer - melanoma due to increased exposure to solar ultraviolet rays, imbalance of the hormonal system and permanent microtrauma. To prevent cancer, experienced oncodermatologists recommend getting rid of all potentially dangerous nevi on the back by surgical means..