Endoprosthetics in Israel - minimal risks, maximum result
The purpose of hip replacement procedure is the elimination of pain and recovery of motion in the knee, hip and other joints damaged due to trauma, arthritis and degenerative changes. The clinics of Israel offer advanced methods of arthroplasty using high-tech endoprostheses.
Recent advances in the development of implants, pain control and rehabilitation made prosthetic arthroplasty in Israel more successful than ever. The introduction of modern surgical technologies allowed Israeli doctors to use methods that leave no noticeable scars requiring a shorter hospitalization period and allowing patients to return to normal in the shortest possible time life. In the clinics of Israel, both traditional and minimally invasive approaches to arthroplasty are available. Additional benefits of treatment are:
- Computerized navigation for the most accurate installation of endoprosthesis components
- Individual selection of the implant taking into account the patient's own anatomical features
- Application of anterior and posterior surgical approaches to obtain optimal results
- The cost of replacing joints in Israel is below the average price in the world medical market
After the operation, patients of Israeli clinics are offered a rehabilitation course. Rehabilitation departments in Israel are equipped with innovative physiotherapy equipment, which allows using a wide range of recovery methods. This helps to take into account the individual characteristics of each patient and to offer an optimal rehabilitation plan. That is why more and more patients from abroad are choosing endoprosthetics in Israel, the reviews of which confirm its quality.
Joint replacement in Israel: Indications
- Disability due to severe pain and / or severe disability
- Lack of efficacy of conservative therapy
- Degenerative arthritis and aseptic necrosis with bone decay
- The instability, deformation or displacement of the joint bones, especially if it increases the load on other joints
- Complete loss of articular cartilage in the affected joint as a result of direct bone-bone contact
- Acute / chronic local or systemic infection
- Severe diseases of muscles, nerves, or blood vessels
- Allergy to the materials from which the implant is made (for example, cobalt, chromium, nickel)
- Renal dysfunction
- Tumor of bone or bone cyst
Preparing for the procedure
- Two weeks before surgery, you need to stop taking certain medicines: aspirin and other products that dilute blood, steroids and other medications that suppress the immune system, and, as a consequence, increase the risk of postoperative infection.
- It is recommended to quit or reduce smoking, since nicotine prevents healing and increases the risk of postoperative deep vein thrombosis.
- If you suffer from cardiovascular diseases or diabetes, you will need a doctor's consultation to determine if you have any contraindications to surgery.
- Patients who drink more than one or two alcoholic drinks per day should inform the doctor about this, since alcohol abuse can reduce the effect of anesthesia.
- If you get a cold, flu or herpes before the operation, tell the doctor about it.
- Provide the doctor with a list of all medications you take, including homeopathic medicines and food supplements.
- 12 hours before surgery, do not drink or eat, you can brush your teeth without swallowing water after that, you do not need to shave the surgical zone.
Types of endoprosthetics
Many patients are interested in the question of whether arthroplasty is safe, Israel clinics adhere to the rule of appointing an operation only when all the traditional methods are tried and not brought success. Like any surgical operation, arthroplasty has certain risks. But the high qualifications and extensive experience of Israeli surgeons make it possible to minimize them.
- Endoprosthetics of the elbow joint: Israel. Many patients think that only a large joint can be replaced, and they continue to suffer from severe pain. In the clinics of Israel, there is an opportunity to conduct arthroplasty of the elbow joint with the implantation of a modern highly functional endoprosthesis. The operation helps to get rid of the pain syndrome, swelling and stiffness of the osseous joint. After a short rehabilitation course, the patient can return to active life.
- Replacement of the shoulder joint in Israel. The main reasons for the operation are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and serious shoulder injuries. Some patients say that because of severe pain they can not perform even the simplest tasks, for example, to put on a shirt or raise a glass with water. Arthroplasty is a safe and effective procedure that helps relieve pain and resume daily activities.
- Ankle replacement: Israel. With the development of orthopedics, ankle arthroplasty has become more safe and effective. Israeli orthopedic surgeons prefer this procedure to arthrodesis, since it allows to keep the mobility of the ankle and improves its function. In addition, arthroplasty reduces the load on other leg joints, protecting them from premature wear and tear.
- Knee replacement in Israel. This operation is performed quite often, since it is on the knees that the biggest load is. And they are more likely than other joints to be injured. Orthopedic surgeons of the Israeli clinic have extensive experience in arthroplasty of the knee. Here, modern modular endoprostheses are used, parts of which have worn out over time can be replaced in the course of a simple operation.
- Hip replacement in Israel. Thousands of such operations are conducted by local doctors annually. This allowed surgeons to gain significant experience and significantly improve the efficiency and safety of the procedure. After the operation, you can completely forget about the pain. Despite the fact that the joint is artificial, it allows you to resume most activities in everyday life. According to statistics, 95% of patients in Israeli clinics returned to an active lifestyle. Many of them could even ride a bike, play golf and swim again. This is a highly effective joint replacement in Israel, the reviews of which are only positive.
Why choose clinics in Israel
- The use of modern surgical approaches that provide the most optimal results in each case
- Use of individually selected high-tech endoprostheses
- Thorough preoperative diagnostics and planning, allowing to envisage all possible risks of the procedure
- The great experience of Israeli orthopedic surgeons in carrying out traditional and orthopedic arthroplasty
- High success rate of operations
Joint replacement in Israel: prices
The cost of the operation depends on many factors, including on which joint is to be replaced, the surgical approach (open or minimally invasive), the type of endoprosthesis. But in general, in order to replace the joint, in Israeli clinics you will need 30-50% less funds than when contacting medical centers in the US and Germany. At the moment, the Israeli government is actively developing the medical tourism industry, so now you can get high-quality joint replacement in Israel, the price of which will be much lower than the average of world prices..