Throat cancer initial stage
Throat cancer is a malignant lesion of the tissues of the pharynx and larynx, which is accompanied by uncontrolled and atypical growth of genetically mutated cells. By the frequency of this pathology takes the twentieth place among all diagnosed oncological diseases. To date, research is continuing to investigate the cause of throat cancer.
Throat cancer - causes and risk factors
- Genetic predisposition. In cases of oncology of the tissues of the pharynx and larynx, a direct relationship between the onset of pathology along one of the related lines can be traced.
- Local chronic inflammatory processes. The chronic course of tonsillitis can provoke the development of local genetic mutations.
- Work in conditions of constant exposure to carcinogenic substances. For example, among people exposed to regular radiological radiation, there is a higher incidence of cancer morbidity.
- Constant overstrain of vocal cords. This factor is especially relevant for teachers, announcers and managers of large industries.
Throat cancer, photo initial stage:
The throat cancer the initial stage - signs and manifestation
- The initial stage of throat cancercauses painful sensations during swallowing, which resembles painful cider in acute inflammation of the tonsils. Often, patients complain of pain in the teeth and a feeling of looseness of the tooth.
- The presence of pathology of the middle throat is predominantly signaled by a decrease in the timbre of the voice and a progressive hoarseness of the vocal cords.
- Oncology of the lower larynx is accompanied by a specific feeling of the otherworldly body, pain when swallowing.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW:Throat cancer in women
Stages of throat cancer
- Throat cancer initial stagecharacterized by ulcerative damage to the mucous membrane.
- At this stage, the disease spreads to the entire surface of the larynx without involvement in the pathological process of regional lymph nodes.
- Malignant tumor goes beyond the larynx with the development of metastatic lesions in local lymph nodes.
- The late stage of oncology is characterized by extensive neoplasm and multiple metastases in the internal organs and systems of the body.
Throat cancer initial stage - symptoms
The first sign of oncology of the larynx is a sudden change in the sound of the voice, which most patients are able to determine on their own, which very often worries people.
Ossiplasty of the voice, as a rule, is associated with the spread of malignant tissues into the vocal cords. Patients at the same time feel painful during a conversation, which gradually leads to a complete loss of voice.
During the meal, most patients note a sharp pain and tingling sensation.
Further progression of pathology leads to edema of the larynx, the signs of which are: shortness of breath and sensation of an outsider body, which prevents free passage of air currents.
Throat cancer at an early stage - diagnosis
The establishment of an oncological disease at the initial stage is handled by an otolaryngologist, who subsequently directs the patient to consult an oncologist. Definition of the final diagnosis is based on additional research methods, which include:
- Laryngoscopy- a method for examining the surface of the respiratory tract with an optical device.
- Ultrasound examination. The ultrasound machine allows to study the graphic image of the affected organ and determine the structure and boundaries of the oncological process.
- Computer and magnetic resonance imaging. A layered X-ray scan of the human body enables physicians to assess the extent of the spread of malignant neoplasm.
- Biopsy. For the final diagnosis in the laboratory, histological and cytological examination of biological material taken from a cancerous tumor is performed. This technique determines the type and stage of oncology.
Throat cancer initial stage - treatment methods
The main method of treating laryngeal cancer is a surgical operation, the purpose of which is complete removal of the cancerous tumor. After the surgical intervention, the patient often needs a long rehabilitation to restore the language function.
To enhance the therapeutic effect of surgical treatment, the patient is recommended to undergo chemotherapy, which includes the use of cytotoxic drugs that destroy cancer cells at the local and systemic level.
Radiation therapy in oncology has a positive effect on the prevention of oncological relapses. The use of highly active X-ray radiation can neutralize the spread of malignant tissues to neighboring organs.
In modern oncological practice, targeted therapy has become widely used, the essence of which is targeted effect of pharmaceuticals directly on a cancerous tumor with the help of intramuscular injections.
Throat cancer at an early stage - prognosis
Early diagnosis and timely treatment of the throat cancer at an early stage provides a favorable outcome of the disease. The five-year postoperative survival rates are about 80%.
During this period, patients are recommended to undergo regular preventive examinations with an X-ray examination and a blood test. Such measures allow an early diagnosis of possible relapses of the disease..