How to recognize the cancer of the stomach at an early stage?
The stomach is considered the main organ of the digestive system. Mutations of the cells of the internal gastric membrane lead to the formation of a tumor. This pathology, as a rule, is malignant in nature.
Unfortunately, the bright clinical picture of the disease is formed only in the late stages, therefore, independentlyrecognize stomach cancerat an early stage is almost impossible. The presence of exact symptoms of oncology, in most cases, indicates a significant amount of neoplasm.
Despite this, knowledge of the initial manifestations of a stomach tumor can save or significantly prolong the duration of life of a cancer patient. The initial stage of the disease can proceed either asymptomatically, or be accompanied by minor morbid manifestations.
Early signs of stomach cancer
At the initial stages, the malignant neoplasm of the digestive system can be suspected of the following symptoms of a general nature:
- Unexplained weight loss. A sharp decrease in weight or a chronic lack of appetite is an indirect sign of oncoforming.
- Pain in the upper abdomen. The intensity of the pain syndrome depends on the stage of the disease and the localization of the pathological focus.
- Periodic feeling of overcrowding of the stomach, which occurs after taking even a small amount of food.
- Constant heartburn. This symptom is inherent in cancer, as well as gastritis, and ulcers.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Accurate growth and tumor symptoms
The most specific signs of the formation and growth of gastric carcinoma include:
- periodic disruption of the digestive function and permanent heartburn;
- soreness and discomfort in epigastrium;
- nausea or vomiting, which worsen after taking acute or rough food;
- chronic diarrhea or constipation;
- constant bloating after meals;
- feeling of "having a food lump in the esophagus" while eating;
- a sharp decrease in appetite.
Doctors indicate that the detection of two or more of the above symptoms is considered a direct cause of an extended examination of a person. It should be borne in mind that the further progress of the malignant process causes an increase in pain and dysfunction of the stomach.
Important to know: First signs of stomach cancer
How to recognize a precancerous condition of the stomach?
To precancerous conditions of the gastrointestinal tract include:
Chronic gastritis with reduced acidity:
Very often, cancerous degeneration of the mucous membrane elements is formed against the background of atrophic inflammation of the gastric wall, at the base of which there is a violation of the cell division function. The disease is manifested by a decrease in appetite, minor pain after eating, periodic heartburn and eructations. Eventually, the patient experiences dyspepsia, constipation and flatulence.
The ulcer passes into cancer, approximately, in 10% of clinical cases. The main criterion for the existence of gastric ulcer is intense pain, the occurrence of which provokes eating. For this pathology, seasonality of exacerbation of clinical symptoms is also characteristic.
Benign proliferation of the epithelial layer on a thin stalk, as a rule, proceeds asymptomatically.
Diagnosis of such pathological conditions requires fibrogastroscopic examination and, if necessary, biopsy.
Analyzes that will help in time to suspect oncology
The screening examination of the patient is aimed at early detection of cancer pathology by calculating the concentration of oncomarkers. Gastric markers are a combination of biologically active substances, the concentration of which increases in response to tumor growth. In this regard, the most popular are:
- Cancer-embryonic antigen.
- Sa 19-9.
- Marker of cancer necrosis.
As we see,recognize stomach canceralone is quite realistic, you just need to pay more attention to your health. But even knowing all the above signs and symptoms of this ailment, in no case should you delay the trip to the doctor and engage in self-medication!.