The consequences of removing moles on the face
Depending on the location of the nevus on the skin of the face, it can give mystery (with small neat dimensions) or become an aesthetic defect. Especially the appearance is monitored by the female sex, therefore, in most cases, it is women who are used to remove pigmented formation.Removal of moles on the face- very frequent procedure in beauty parlors, however, it is still recommended to contact qualified specialists (dermatologist, oncologist).
Why do birthmarks appear on your face?
To answer this question, it is first necessary to pay attention to the number of nevi in parents, since the genetic factor in the appearance of such pigmented spots plays an important role. Sometimes the mother and the baby have their birthmarks in the same places.
Another factor that predisposes the emergence of new formations is a hormonal imbalance. It is observed in the period of puberty in adolescence, during pregnancy or menopause. It is worth noting that, without extreme necessity, it is forbidden to remove pigment spots during the period of gestation. Manipulation is performed in exceptional cases according to vital indications (confirmation of skin cancer).
However, the most powerful provoking factor of nevus formation is considered to be solar radiation. The abuse of sunlight not only increases the number of birthmarks on the face, but also contributes to their malignancy. Girls who have many birthmarks on their bodies are not recommended to use the solarium or sunbathe under the sun during the period of maximum activity (in the summer from 1: 0 to 1: 0).
Important to know: Birthmarks after sunburn
Can I remove moles on my face?
Contraindications for the removal of moles on the face, as such, no, because each case is considered individually. It is only necessary to note that the indications and contraindications depend on the chosen technique for removal. For example, in most cases a laser is used. However, if you suspect a malignant disease, the laser is prohibited.
Do not use laser and other techniques:
- in the presence of an inflammatory focus in the location of the nevus;
- with exacerbation of a chronic infectious process;
- activation of herpetic infection;
- intensive sunburn;
- immunodeficiency states.
What birth marks on the face need to be removed?
Many moles on the skin can carry the threat of malignant transformation. To prevent the development of the cancer process, it is necessary to pay enough attention to the nevi. It is recommended to monitor the dynamics of their changes. Regular examination will prevent malignancy and serious complications.
Diagnosis and removal of moles are subject to the following conditions:
- the appearance of uneven coloring;
- a rapid increase in diameter;
- changes in color towards more or less intense color;
- the appearance of bleeding on the surface of education;
- presence of hyperemia along the circumference;
- uneven outlines;
- itchy, painful sensations.
In addition, the removal of pigmentation is required when establishing its malignant origin on the basis of a cytological study. It is recommended to remove the birthmark if it is located in the place of frequent friction, for example, the shaving zone for men (cheeks, chin), the nose bridge area, if a person uses glasses, etc.
When it is not necessary to remove birthmarks from the face?
Despite modern techniques for removing birthmarks, it is still not advisable without a reason to remove them. Even a slight violation of the integrity of the "fly" can provoke her malignancy. If the mole is small and does not cause any discomfort (neither physical, nor aesthetic), it is not recommended to touch a neoplasm.
Possible consequences of removal
There are several ways to combat nevi. Complications of any technique can be infection of the wound if the recommendations are not followed in the postoperative period, and also, the formation of a malignant focus provided that the birthmark is not completely removed by a laser, nitrogen or electric impact. Let us dwell in more detail on the possible consequences of each of the ways:
- The laser is characterized by the already listed complications. Also, it is not used in the presence of an allergic reaction to laser radiation.
- When using cryodestruction, a repeated procedure is often required. In most cases, surrounding healthy tissue is affected, as it is not possible to clearly affect the neoplasm. Also, there is a risk of burns.
- After the application of electrocoagulation, a scar remains, which is not desirable on the skin of the face.
- The surgical technique for manipulation on the face is practically not used, as, in a consequence there are scars. Usually, the surgical method is selected if a deep excision of the tissue is required, which requires general anesthesia.
Considering the possible consequences of removal of nevi, it can be concluded that, without the need, it is not advisable to touch the pigmented formations, so as not to increase the risk of their degeneration into cancer. However, in the presence of evidence,removal of moles on the faceshould be performed by qualified specialists in a medical center with further histological analysis..