How to recognize and prevent heart cancer?
The primary tumor in the heart tissue develops as a sarcoma, which is a cancer of the heart. Malignant process in this area is considered a rather rare pathology. Thus, according to statistics, a cancerous tumor is diagnosed in one case from 1, 00 benign tumors.
Oncological damage to the heart tissues, mainly, is formed as a result of the spread of the mutation from nearby organs and systems. The process of metastasis is inherent in lung, breast and esophagus on the fourth stage of the disease.
The etiology of primary oncology has not been established. In the formation of a mutation of the soft tissues of the heart, an important role is played by:
- hereditary predisposition;
- radiation exposure;
- unsatisfactory ecology;
- carcinogenic ingredients in food.
The main reasons for the secondary cardiac tumor include the following factors:
- Infiltration growth of cancer tissues from the lungs and breast.
- Metastatic spread of malignant elements from internal organs. Thus, tumor cells can be transported with blood and lymph flow.
The clinical picture of the disease depends on the location and size of the malignant neoplasm. Symptoms of cancer are often similar to those of acute or chronic heart failure. Often, the oncological disease is rapidly deteriorating overall well-being and diagnosis is determined by doctors too late.
Typical manifestations of the tumor process in the heart tissue are:
- Chronic subfebrile body temperature.
- Gradual decrease in body weight.
- Periodic joint pain.
- Hemorrhagic eruption on the skin.
- Feeling of numbness in the fingers of the lower and upper extremities.
- Syndrome of "drum sticks when there is a specific swelling of the nail plates of the hands.
Absolutely reliable symptoms of cancer heart disease does not exist. Oncological vigilance should cause the following manifestations:
- Pain in the sternum, which can spread to the abdominal cavity, upper limbs, or back. The intensity of the pain attack varies from periodic discomfort to unbearable burning.
- Formation of the syndrome of the superior vena cava. Atypical and persistent swelling of the tissues of the head and neck.
- Clinical picture of heart disease.
It is important to know: How to treat heart cancer?
What to do if you suspect heart cancer?
Modern oncological centers allow the following diagnostic manipulations:
Graphical representation of the work of the myocardium is formed on the basis of calculation of the electrical conductivity of cardiac tissues.
Method for determining the functional ability of the myocardium and identifying neoplasms in the muscle layer of the heart. This technique also provides the doctor with information about the localization and extent of the pathological focus.
- CT scan:
Layered scanning of hard and soft tissues.
In this case, this method of diagnosis is used to detect the incidence of heart tumor.
- Magnetic resonance imaging:
X-ray examination of the affected area of the body in an electromagnetic field reveals distant metastases and cancer mutations in regional lymph nodes.
After the establishment of the final diagnosis, specialists determine the tactics of treatment. Therapy, as a rule, is palliative.Cancer of the heartrequires symptomatic treatment. Unfortunately, the prognosis of the disease is unfavorable with a high mortality rate..