Cancer patients before death
The last stages of a person's life with malignant processes can be very tense for both the dying and the close environment.Cancer patients before deathexperience many physical changes that affect the emotional and social state of a person. For others it is important to know the main symptoms of the last days, as well as the needs of the patient during this period, to create comfortable conditions and avoid unnecessary stressful situations.
Emotional state of the dying person
Each person is unique. Therefore, the psychological state of cancer patients before death directly depends on individual characteristics and temperament.
Spiritual changes depend on:
- type of person;
- his age;
- social support;
- religious beliefs;
- life experience.
The psychological state of someone who dies at the age of 20 will be different from the well-being of an 80-year-old man.Cancer patients before deathmiddle-aged people will worry about their children, while elderly patients no longer have such trouble.
It is important to know: Nutrition of cancer patients: 11 most important products
Signs of death from cancer
The human organism with the approach of the end of the life cycle begins the natural process of slowing down all its functions.
The duration of the dying state depends on many conditions, but it is characterized by general symptoms:
- Drowsiness and difficult awakening. People who die, sleep much and do not always react to attempts at awakening. Some lose their hearing or do not recognize voices. But nevertheless it is extremely important to continue to communicate with patients, to console them, to hold hands.
- Difficulty swallowing or refusing food and drink. It is important not to try to force the dying person to do things that he can not or do not want. To ease the patient's condition, you can offer to suck small pieces of ice or give a drink with a small spoon. Whencancer patients before deathare not able to swallow anything at all, it is recommended to moisten the mouth every two hours and lubricate the lips with glycerin.
- Loss of control over the bladder and intestines. That the patient does not feel uncomfortable, you can use diapers for adults and make the bed with disposable diapers. Over time, the dying person will emptied and urinate less and less.
- Changing breathing.It becomes noisy and irregular. You can also hear a murmur or beeping sounds. This is because slime accumulates in the throat, and natural reflexes are already weakening in the dying. Sometimes people stop breathing for a few seconds. Also, patients often keep their mouths open and try to draw air into the lungs.
- Cooling and pallor of skin and body, especially the limbs and face. This is due to the slowing of blood circulation.
- Confusion and disorientation. Part of the reason for this state are chemical changes in the body's work. Dying people can do and say things that are not characteristic of them at all. It must be understood that this happens involuntarily. The main task of others - do not pay attention, try to calm and help.
- Complete loss of consciousness.At the end of life, the chemical balance of the body is completely destroyed. A person can often go into unconscious existence right up to complete transition into non-existence.
To acquaintance: A child with cancer: advice to parents
What do cancer patients feel before they die?
At the end of life, a person tries to rethink his life, discuss it, recall all the joyful and sad moments. Gradually the dying overwhelmed the sense of detachment from the outside world and the loss of interest in what had previously been interesting or pleasant.
There is a tendency to sleep more and a pronounced desire to talk less. This shows that a person is ready to let go of this world.
People with religious beliefs are willing to confess and receive communion. Others simply quietly prepare for death.
Every day the dying man becomes less sensitive to external stimuli (voice, noise, tactile signals). It often happens that a person suddenly feels much better before death. But this is only an instant recovery. It should be used as an opportunity to express to the dying all your thoughts.
Read also: How not to die from cancer?
Recommendations for providing patient comfort
Family members or guardians in the last days of life must provide the dying with all the necessary conditions, after allpeople with cancer before they dieneed special care.
The general recommendations approved by the health care institutions read:
- Use comfortable mattresses, beds and pillows to make it easy for a person to be in bed.
- Often wrap a person to avoid the occurrence of bedsores and rashes.
- Follow the hygiene of the dying, keep the skin clean and dry.
- Raise the head of the patient with pads or rollers to facilitate breathing.
- Use blankets to warm the body. Also, you can gently wipe your hands, feet and face with warm water.
- Communicate in a calm voice, delicately reminiscent of time, place and people present. However, if a person has confusion, such things do not help.
- Do a gentle soothing massage, you can use moisturizing lotions.
- Control reception of the necessary medicines and anesthetics.
- Use a fan to circulate air.
- Surround with care, love and kindred attitude.
It is important to know: Death from cancer. How do they die from cancer?
Cancer patients before deathneed special care and peace of mind. At this time, others should abstain from their negative emotions and irritation, hardship and sadness, and radiate only kindness and love, since it is with these last of his impressions that a person will go into the world is different..