Basal cell cryodestruction
Basaloma is one of the types of malignant skin tumors that develop from the epidermis. The name was obtained because of the similarity of tumor cells with the cellular structure of the basal skin layer.
The disease has all the signs of malignant formation: it can germinate into neighboring tissues, destroying them, after the correct treatment, the occurrence of relapses may occur. Cryodestruction of basal cell carcinoma as a method of treatment began to be applied in 1960.
The difference from other types of tumors in basal cells is in the almost complete absence of metastases. Cure can be surgically, cryodestruction, with the help of radiation therapy and laser. The type of treatment is selected individually, depending on the degree of development of the disease, its characteristics.
Advantages of cryodestruction
The method of cryodestruction was widely used. They are treated with epithelial cutaneous neoplasms. There are 2 types of cryotherapy:
- Aerosol - the impact is carried out at a depth of less than 10 mm. It can be used only to remove skin lesions from the surface.
- Applicative - penetration here is deep, tissues are captured, in comparison with the first method, more.
Tumor cells die due to the formation of ice crystals, which lead to tissue necrosis. The method works most efficiently with fast freezing and smooth warming of the treated tissues. With fast freezing, body tissues are damaged more strongly than with slow frosts.
Used for cooling liquid nitrogen. This substance is the only one capable of ensuring a deep destruction of unnecessary tissue. The effect is carried out by means of probes of different sizes, cotton swabs are used. The method with the use of aerosol does not require all this, here the spraying passes through special thermoses, tips.
The advantages of the method are as follows:
- the possibility of destruction of tumors;
- painless procedure;
- Instant activation of the body's defense on the site of damaged tissue;
- exclusion of development of tumor cells;
- satisfactory appearance of the treated area;
- the possibility of treating both benign and malignant tumors.
By time, the procedure can last up to 5 minutes if it is required to remove ulcerative or bile tumors, in which the underlying tissues were affected. Neoplasms on the surface of the skin of the minimum size are treated in about 30 seconds.
Indications and contraindications
Indications for the use of this method of treatment for basaloma are as follows:
- Presence of multiple basalts.
- The presence of a large, neglected tumor.
- When revealing the germination of basal cells in the skull cells. The use of the method is advisable to reduce the size of the affected tissues.
- If the patient is severely weakened immunity.
- With a tendency to form keloid scars.
- If the patient uses a pacemaker.
- When using warfanite and other anticoagulants.
- Age restrictions. After the onset of 65 years in humans during radiation therapy, the DNA of cells that are located around the basal cell is more strongly destroyed. Therefore, the risk of new malignant formation is increased after a while. Destructions in the case of using the cryodestruction method does not arise.
Substances that are released, reduce the risk of the formation of new unwanted cells. This moment is very important, as in 40% of patients after a while there are new educations in other places on the body.
The method is quite effective, but its application is limited in some cases. The reasons for the restriction in the application are:
- In the presence of acute diseases, characterized by the presence of an inflammatory process in the internal organs of man.
- With pathologies in the development of tissues.
- The presence of endometriosis, miom.
- In the presence of acute infectious diseases.
- With somatic diseases, which are at the stage of decompensation.
The wound healing period after the application of the method can last up to 3 weeks, which causes some to refuse to conduct because of the length of the recovery period. Another drawback is the impossibility of performing surgery on large tumors, in hard-to-reach places.
Preliminary analyzes for cryodestruction of the basal cell almost no need. Obligatory preliminary consultation with a dermatologist, examination of the location of the operation. If necessary, a biopsy of the operating area is carried out, often to confirm the diagnosis.
Cryodestruction of the basal cell is not painful. Unpleasant sensations, if required, can be removed by applying local anesthetics. An anesthetic tablet, a solution of lidocaine and another agent is taken. It can be done using a spray and an applicator made of metal. The complexity of the implementation is that liquid nitrogen is capable of spreading at high speed. The depth and accuracy of the operation is provided by cooling the metal rod with liquid nitrogen.
For the treatment of basal cells, no cooling agents are used that are used for benign papillomas or keratomas. There are often used tampons, moistened in liquid nitrogen or freezing agents of the "Wartnetr Cryo" type. The reason for not using the ability to freeze the skin to a depth of no more than 3 mm. This is not enough to remove the basal cell cells.
The treatment process is the same for all. The skin should blush after exposure to the substance. This is evidence of the effectiveness of the procedure. After a while a small bubble appears, which should not be pierced, have any effect. After cryodestruction, redness is normal.
It should not be treated with basal media such as "cryopharma" or "Wartner Cryo because on top of the tumor covered with a scar, which indicates freezing, curing, but inside there are living tissues basal cell carcinoma. They later develop and the tumor appears again.
After the procedure, the patient has unpleasant sensations. The greatest discomfort, from practice, is caused by cryodestruction of the basal cell on the ears, fingers and temples. If moxibustion occurs on the forehead or in the hair, there may be a headache, hair loss. The most common problem after this treatment is a strong pigmentation in the treated area. Nerve endings often remain intact, but their sensitivity decreases by about a year.
In the absence of an inflammatory process after a frost, you do not need to use ointment. Cut the skin from the emerging bubble at the site of the procedure should not be. Healing will in this case proceed more slowly, cracks will appear.
Sometimes a bubble does not appear at all, mainly if the exposure was short and nitrogen only blotted out the top layer of the skin. If the education did not get rid of the first time, the procedure is performed after a while the second time. In most cases, cryodestruction of the basal cell is cured from the second time completely..