How many live with stomach cancer?
The defeat of the stomach by a malignant process in the structure of cancer is one of the leading places. The cancer of the stomach gives way to a leading position only to lung damage. «How many live with stomach cancer? this is the most frequent question in the formulation of the final diagnosis.
The insidiousness of the disease lies in the absence of any clinical manifestations in the first stages, so the ailment is diagnosed most often in 3 stages.
But thanks to modern methods of diagnosis and treatment methods, it was possible to prolong the life of a person and improve the quality of life. However, the prognosis still depends more on the morphological structure of the tumor, its location, size, the presence of metastases and much more.
Factors on which depends how much live with stomach cancer
There are many factors that determine the duration of life in stomach cancer:
Stage of malignant lesion:
- 0 - intraepithelial cancer, when the transformed cells are located on the surface of the mucous membrane of the organ;
- 1 - malignant focus is formed. Considering the volume of spread, 1A is isolated - damage to the mucosa, 1B - involvement of the muscular layer and mucosa into the process;
- 2 - spread of cancer to nearby lymph nodes, damage to the muscular or serous layer;
- 3A - regional lymph nodes and the muscle layer of the stomach are affected or spread to surrounding organs; 3B - cells of the serous membrane and lymph nodes are regenerated.
- 4 - the tumor extends to the surrounding organs, structures and lymph nodes.
Lifespan also depends on the histological morphology and aggressiveness of the tumor tumor.
Form of cancer:
- exophytic when the tumor has the appearance of a polyp, ulcerative defect or "cauliflower" with growth in the lumen of the organ;
- infiltrative, in which the cancer spreads along the gastric wall.
Localization of the neoplasm:
- connection of the stomach and intestine;
- esophageal-gastric or cardiac department;
- lower third of the esophagus;
- body of the stomach;
- antral (output) area;
- total defeat.
Presence of complications:
- ascites, enlargement of the liver;
- bleeding characterized by uncontrolled indomitable vomiting ("coffee grounds"), black diarrhea, pain syndrome in the stomach or throughout the abdomen, tachycardia (palpitation) and whitening of the skin;
- stenosis of the gatekeeper, due to which it is impossible to pass the food lump through the digestive tract due to the lumen overlapping the tumor. It manifests as vomiting stagnant masses (on the eve of eaten food).
In the process of examination, it is found whether the operable malignant neoplasm. In addition, the length of the course of chemotherapy and investment is taken into account.
Moreover, how many people live with stomach cancer affect whether a relapse of the disease has been diagnosed, as well as the presence of concomitant pathology, general health and age of a person.
How many live with stomach cancer?
The most favorable prognosis for the detection of malignant pathology at the initial stage. Thanks to the timely treatment of a person, carrying out medical examinations and modern diagnostic cancer can be recognized in the first stage, in which a five-year survival rate is more than 80%.
At this stage, surgical intervention is performed to remove the oncological focus, Chemotherapy and radiation are used to prevent the metastasis and death of the remaining cancers cells.
With regard to 2-3 stages, the survival rate can reach 35-40%. Much depends on the severity of the malignant process and the number of affected lymph nodes.
At the 4th degree, an inoperable stomach tumor is often diagnosed, therefore, the purpose of radiotherapy and "Chemistry" is to prevent metastasis, reduce the size of the tumor and improve the quality of life.
For gastric cancer, metastasis and relapse of the disease is especially characteristic. Metastases are most often localized in the liver, peritoneum, bone, pancreas, lungs, ovaries and in supraclavicular lymph nodes. Sometimes secondary foci can exceed 10 centimeters in diameter, so that a patient can die from poisoning with toxic products of tumor activity and organ dysfunction.
Survival at this stage does not exceed 5%. Patients are concerned about severe pain, rapid weight loss, severe weakness and shortness of breath.
How many live with stomach cancer, depends on many factors related to the characteristics and characteristics of the tumor conglomerate, as well as the general condition of the patient. In addition, it is necessary to note the psycho-emotional mood of the patient, because it has long been proven that with optimistic and a great desire to live for a long time, people can significantly improve the quality of life and extend their life way..