How many live with stomach cancer of the 4th degree?
After revealing a malignant neoplasm of the gastrointestinal tract, the patient has a natural question: "How many live with stomach cancer of the 4th degree? "The long-term prognosis for this disease is negative. The high death rate of patients is due to the spread of cancer cells to regional lymph nodes and distant organs and systems. Medical assistance to such oncological patients is only in the form of palliative therapy, which eliminates certain manifestations of the disease.
Features of stomach cancer 4 degrees
This stage of the disease is considered the final stage of tumor development. In such cases, as a rule, doctors no longer hope for a positive outcome.
The forecast of a cancer defeat is estimated on a parameter of five-year survival rate. According to statistics, no more than 15% of patients survive to the five-year boundary after the establishment of the final diagnosis - gastric carcinoma of the fourth stage. In most cases, such a cancer patient is given a life span of several weeks or months.
What can you expect such patients?
Gastric cancer of the 4th degreecharacterized by a vivid clinical picture:
- Intense attacks of pain that disturb a person around the clock.
- Vomiting. This symptom can occur either immediately after ingestion, or spontaneously. Vomit in such cases have a dark color, which indicates internal bleeding.
- Digestive disorders in the form of chronic constipation or diarrhea.
- Acute obstruction of the digestive canal. This complication is an urgent reason for surgical intervention.
- General malaise, weakness, fatigue. These signs of the disease are considered the result of intoxication of the body.
Patients with the fourth stage of oncology of the stomach, doctors recommend the following palliative measures:
Restoration of intestinal permeability:
Operative restoration of patency of the intestine, which is broken when the tumor overlaps the internal lumen of the organ. During surgery, the surgeon excises a portion of the lesion with a laser beam or inserts a special tube.
This variant of surgical intervention involves the formation of a gastric fistula, which opens on the anterior abdominal wall. With its help, a special food mixture penetrates into the area of the connection of the stomach and small intestine.
Resection of the stomach:
Such an operation is not able to heal a patient, since many internal organs are already affected by metastases. This technique has limited application because it requires that the oncological patient be in a satisfactory general condition.
The use of cytostatic agents for patients in extremely serious condition is impractical. Such treatment inevitably leads to a sharp decrease in the protective abilities of the body. According to statistics, chemotherapy in 50% of clinical cases contributes to the temporary stabilization of malignant growth.
What determines how many people live with stomach cancer of the 4th degree?
The prognosis of the disease largely depends on the following factors:
- Age of the cancer patient at the time of establishment of the final diagnosis. The older the person, the more negative the result of treatment and the higher the chance of mortality in the first few months after diagnosis.
- The general somatic state of the organism. A high level of immunity gives a higher chance of postoperative survival.
- The correct choice of treatment tactics. A large number of modern techniques for influencing malignant neoplasm can significantly increase the life span of a seriously ill person.
- Psychoemotional mood of the patient. Positive emotions increase the therapeutic effect of anticancer therapy.
How many live with stomach cancer of the 4th degree?In modern cancer clinics in Germany, Japan and Israel, doctors manage to raise the five-year survival rate to 40% thanks to the use of innovative methods of treatment..