Alopecia in men: types, ways of treatment
Table of contents
- What causes alopecia?
- Treatment of alopecia in medicine
- Prevention of alopecia folk methods
- Oil mask for preventing hair loss
- Application of decoctions
Beautiful and dense hair is wanted not only by women, but also by men. But it often happens that in men at an early age the density of hair changes, a bald spot is formed, which leads to the appearance of complexes and self-doubt. And not always hair in men is less with the years, hair loss can occur and at a relatively early age. There are different types of hair loss in men (and not always baldness in men due to a lack of vitamins).
What causes alopecia?
Alopecia (alopecia) is a common disease.
It is a hair loss, which can lead to their thinning in a certain area of the head, to complete extinction. In men, the causes of baldness can be completely different:
- Early baldness in men can be androgenic. This cause of hair loss occurs more often (in 95% of cases), as it is laid down by parents in hereditary information. This type of alopecia leads to a thinning of the hair in the parietal or frontal part of the head in men. And this is due to the fact that a strong male hormone, dihydrotestosterone, acts on the hair bulb under the influence of enzymes that form in the hair follicles. Because of him, hair is made less, and the remaining ones become thin, colorless and short. There is a bald spot, as there is not enough thickness to cover the scalp. The formation of such hair is the first symptom of androgenic alopecia. If you do not take measures, then in 10-12 years, follicles will grow with a connective tissue and will not be able to produce new hair (even those that form a cuff layer).
- The cause of baldness in men can be and diffuse (symptomatic) baldness. This kind of alopecia arises from the fact that the body's work is malfunctioning, so that the hair begins to fall strongly and evenly in the part of the head where the hair was present. Diffuse alopecia can be expressed by one of the forms: anagenic (due to the action of strong poison, radioactive radiation or chemotherapy on the human body) or telogen (it leads to stressful situations, diets, hereditary diseases and etc.). Diffuse baldness is in the second stage after androgenic.
- Alopecia in men can be focal (nest). The occurrence of alopecia areata is associated with damage to the root follicles on the head, which causes the factors of the human immune system. This alopecia causes a focal lesion of rounded shape (there may be one or more of them). The cause of focal alopecia can serve as a vaccination, emotional stress, viral diseases or anesthesia, etc. Symptoms of this alopecia are rare (up to,%).
- Scar alopecia is another cause of male pattern baldness. Cicatricial baldness is a permanent irradiation of the hair follicles, which leads to the formation of connective tissue (or scar tissue). The cause of this alopecia can be an infectious disease (fungal, viral, bacterial), which causes inflammatory reactions, during which the connective tissue is formed. Still this baldness can arise because of physical traumas of a head skin (thermal or chemical burns, wounds). Alopecia of this species is also rare (about 2%).
Treatment of alopecia in medicine
Before treatment of baldness with medical preparations or folk remedies, one should always consult a doctor. Only an experienced specialist will be able to determine the specific cause of your disease, prescribe the necessary therapy and medications that will help to cope with this problem.
There is a small list of medicines that can really help get rid of the bald spot. Their effect is unstable and the initial state of the hair returns at a time when you stop taking the medicine or take it on a non-permanent basis. Most of all, this method of treatment is suitable for androgenic and alopecia areata. It is better not to buy them in pharmacies yourself, and before using, consult a doctor to avoid manifestation of an allergic reaction.
Laser therapy is also suitable for androgenetic alopecia. It involves the use of laser hairbrushes both at home alone and in medical centers. But at home, laser combing is ineffective, after the end of the use of hair again thinning. But in medical centers laser combing gives a significant effect, since more effective and powerful devices are used.
Androgenetic alopecia is also treated surgically. In this case, a healthy area is found on the head, from which hair follicles are taken and transplanted into the damaged area. Transplanted hair take root, continue to function. But not always such an operation satisfies patients, since problems can arise. Consultation of the doctor is necessary.
In the treatment of diffuse alopecia in the first stages, not medicinal preparations are used, but first the doctor finds the source that caused alopecia. After that, the cause is eliminated, and further treatment involves the use of growth stimulants (various sprays, balms, masks).
Cicatricial baldness requires the hand of a surgeon. Affected areas are either immediately removed (if they are small), or a healthy follicle transplant is used.
Prevention of alopecia folk methods
How not to grow bald, noticing the symptoms of early baldness? In this you can help people's methods. You can apply them at home, preparing natural masks, rinsers, which will prolong the original density of hair. But before using natural remedies, you need to know whether there are among the components that are capable of causing an allergic reaction. To avoid this, you need to see a doctor.
Oil mask for preventing hair loss
Vegetable oils are a storehouse of vitamins, polyunsaturated acids, phosphides, which are beneficial affect the condition of the hair, help prolong their life, and this is necessary in order not to grow bald to the man. The combination of oils with plant components can treat baldness.
To prepare a mask you will need the following ingredients: burdock and castor oil (in the ratio:), mustard in the form of dry powder (1 tablespoon). All components must be mixed and apply the mixture on the scalp with massaging movements, hold for up to 30 minutes. The mask should cause a slight burning sensation. If you feel that the burning is unbearable, wash off the mask and next time add more oil. If burning is not noticeable, then before the next application of the mask add a little more mustard powder.
Each ingredient of this mask has its own unique properties. Burdock contains vitamins A, B, the oil can activate hair growth, strengthen the hair follicles. Castor oil also contains a wide range of vitamins, which moisturizes and nourishes the scalp, gives hair silky, strengthens the structure of the hair. Due to the presence of mustard powder in the mask, the growth of "sleeping" hair follicles is stimulated, the density of hair and their growth increases, and this helps with hair loss in men.
Application of decoctions
Noticing the signs of baldness in men, you can refer to another tool - broth. They are used as rinsers after washing hair (it would be better if you use a decoction saturated with vitamins, right after the natural mask). Each decoction is made from dried fruits, shoots, leaves, roots (all depends on the formulation).
- For the decoction of alopecia, you can take the cones of hops (1 tablespoon), which are filled with a glass of boiling water.
- Fruits, leaves, buds of nasturtium in the amount of 2 tablespoons, poured, l boiled water will do.
- Mother-and-stepmother in a mixture with calendula is an excellent option. 1 tbsp each. these herbs are poured, l of boiling water.
Each of the solutions after the infusion should be filtered and cooled, and then rinsed hair after washing. Decoctions are a good remedy, since they contain a large number of vitamins, enzymes, salts, which have a beneficial effect on the scalp, hair structure, help to strengthen hair follicles.
Hair loss for a man is not a sentence. With this problem you can and must fight.With all your efforts, you will stop balding, knowing how to treat alopecia, and no longer face the problem of male pattern baldness.