Nutrition and life after cancer
At the end of therapy for cancer, the question arises: "What can and can not be done, there isafter cancer? ». First of all, you need to place the accents correctly so that life after cancer is as comfortable and useful for the health of a person who has undergone serious treatment.
Important rules to follow after cancer
- The main thing in the rehabilitation period is the initial emotional and physiological recovery. A person should fully realize that the disease is behind and make every effort to improve his life. It is important that the thoughts of the cancer survivor are aimed at the future.
- General recommendations for those who have defeated cancer are the same as for people who are hungry for better health:
- nutrition after cancer should be necessarily balanced and correct;
- you need to maintain a healthy weight;
- it is necessary to perform exercises, gradually increasing physical exertion;
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol-containing beverages.
- We need to look at food as a quality fuel for our body, without which it will not be able to work fully. This is not a short-term diet. A healthy diet is, above all, a lifestyle that combines good habits and the enjoyment of them.
Recovery period and nutrition after cancer treatment
Everyone who has undergone cancer wants to make an individual health plan that will help to return to a full life as soon as possible. Scientists have led that unhealthy food and negligent attitude to their health can increase the relapse of the tumor. This is especially true for those who have already undergone treatment for malignant disease.
Food aftercancershould consist of:
- A variety of fruits and vegetables. Do not use the same products. Try something new. Colorful mangoes, berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.), melons, watermelons, apricots, peaches are not only rich in vitamins and minerals, but also contribute to raising appetite. Such food is pleasant and useful.
- Whole-grain products. Among them are pasta, bread and brown rice, as they are full of healthy fiber.
- The source of omega-3 fatxacids(the best example is fish oil), such as:
- oily fish: herring, mackerel, carp, salmon;
- flax seeds and flaxseed oil, rapeseed oil and nuts.
- Protein foods low in fat and cholesterol. These are lean types of white meat (chicken, turkey without peel).
- Products from the content of protein and calcium, working with vitamin D: skimmed whole and sour milk, cheese, yogurt without adding sugar.
What can and should be eat after cancer treatment?
Nutritionists have developed some specific tips to help understand the question: "What can you eat after cancer treatment?". The recommendations of healthy cooking are:
- Fill with 2/3 of your dish with vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes.
- If there is no fresh fruit, you can use frozen.
- Only 1/3 or even less of the dish should make up dairy and meat products.
- Instead of bacon, you can try adding spinach, pepper and other vegetables to the lasagna.
- For breakfast, add to the usual oatmeal or pearl gruel dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, banana).
- Use in the preparation of food products rich in folic acid: green vegetables with leaves, cereal breakfasts.
- Try instead of fatty pork or beef steak salmon or tuna, cooked in the oven or a couple with vegetables.
- Instead of fatty sour cream or cream, use defatted yogurt in dishes.
- Drink as much ordinary plain water as possible.
Read also: How many live after cancer?
What you can not eat after cancer?
Nutritionists after the treatment of cancer do not recommend eating everything, without understanding useful and harmful products. Therefore, it is important to focus on what should be thrown out of your daily diet:
- avoid salted food and smoked products because of their negative effects on the body;
- various casseroles, because their main ingredients are salted sauces and a lot of fatty cheese;
- abandon the dishes prepared in deep fat;
- Limit sugar and other refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and rice;
- refrain from a large number of sauces, dressings, butter and sour cream;
- fatty dairy and meat products;
- fried dishes with the addition of vegetable fats, because they increase the level of cholesterol;
- do not eat chips and fast foods.
How to live after cancer?
How treatment of cancer affects physical health, so it affects the sensitive and emotional sphere of a person. Do not be afraid of your fears. They need to learn how to manage. Support can be found in other people with similar experiences, in the family or to turn to specialists.
It is important to know: How to make life after cancer bright?
General recommendations about the fact,how to live after cancerinclude:
- Usual is not excessive care of one's health. If the fear that the disease will return, becomes obtrusive, you need to overcome it.
- Return to old life. If this is not possible, then it is worthwhile to think about a new occupation that would bring pleasure.
- Finding positive emotions in everything that surrounds you. In particular, laughter is a good antidepressant.
- Compliance with the norms of proper nutrition and physical activity.
- Find comfort in family and friends.
What to do after cancer?
After the treatment of a malignant disease a person, first of all, better return to normal life. Do not dive into old memories and try to understand what causes cancer and why you fell ill with them. For distraction from thoughts about the disease, psychologists recommend:
- Do regular physical exercises. They reduce anxiety, increase self-esteem, inspire optimism and help maintain a healthy weight. However, do not overdo it. Begin to do the exercises slowly, gradually increasing the load.
- Discover for yourself creativity or sports, which will help to realize a new way.
- Share personal experiences with other patients. This will support their belief in recovery.
What is forbidden to do after cancer treatment?
After the treatment is not worth it:
- Smoking or drinking alcohol, because the body is not able to fight toxins.
- To use unhealthy and poor-quality food.
- Refuse your hobbies.
- Neglect physical activity and favorite pursuits.
- Use drugs of unknown origin and any biological supplements, if they are not recommended by a doctor.
- To be exposed to radiation and solar radiation, as well as chemical toxins.
Unfortunately, there can not be one hundred percent guarantees that the cancer will not return. At the same time, a person who will adhere to recommendations, what can and can not be done, isafter cancer, can be much more confident that oncology will not return..