What kind of doctor should I go if my hair falls out?
Table of contents
- Why do hair fall out?
- Classification of the causes of hair loss
- Diagnosis and treatment
- How to treat baldness?
Hair loss for men is one of the problems that can and should be addressed. But the choice of funds depends on what exactly caused the baldness, especially in cases with various diseases. It is required to consult a specialist who will prescribe the appropriate treatment. In some cases, the problem will not be resolved quickly, patience will be required.
To what doctor to address if hair falls out? Most often it's a trichologist, a specialist who deals with the problem of hair, but it's best to pre- To pass or take place inspection at the therapist as the problem can disappear, for example, in disturbances of endocrine system. Conducting tests and laboratory tests will allow you to accurately determine why hair has begun to thin out, what measures to prevent this phenomenon can be taken. In any case, ignore this phenomenon is impossible, as it can indicate the presence of any disease that needs to be treated in a timely manner. But usually men give their health little attention and time, which leads to irreversible consequences. If you start to treat baldness on time, you can restore the density of hair, eliminating the cause of this negative phenomenon.
Why do hair fall out?
Before deciding which doctor to go to, it is necessary to undergo a general examination. It will show what caused the hair loss. If there is alopecia areata, the causes of hair loss can be such diseases:
- endocrine diseases;
- presence of oncological diseases;
- presence of chronic fatigue syndrome;
- various skin infections;
- the presence of seborrhea.
Some of these diseases are quite dangerous, it is necessary to start their treatment immediately after detection, in order not only to restore the density hair, but also to avoid complications that will negatively affect the health status, to ensure normal life activity.
Hair can drop out and for the following reasons:
- improper care, i.e., drying hair;
- chemotherapy can also cause hair loss, it is usually prescribed for the treatment of oncology;
- hair loss is a side effect of taking certain medicines, which are prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of various kinds of diseases; if hair thinning and thus any treatment is carried out, it is necessary to address to the attending physician, he will appoint replacement or cancellation of the drug, but most often treatment is required to finish, along the way applying measures to maintain the density of hair, using special masks and other remedies that will recommend specialist;
- In the treatment of oncology and other diseases, special radiation therapy may be prescribed, which sometimes also causes hair loss;
- stressful situations not only negatively affect the general state of health, but also become the causes of various diseases, stress can cause and hair thinning;
- vitamin deficiency, or a lack of vitamins, causes a weakening of the immune system, a general weakening of the body, and the curls begin to thin out;
- aging is a natural process of the body, which is characterized by a slowing down of all processes: the hair begins to gradually fall out, before that they turn gray, lose pigmentation.
Classification of the causes of hair loss
Hair loss can begin for various reasons. It depends on this, to which doctor for treatment must be treated. Experts classify such signs according to the following parameters:
- Stressful situations, postoperative period - very negative factors. The problem of hair loss in this case is called telogen miasms. The locks begin to thin at first, after that they drop moderately on the whole part of the head.
- Side effects from taking medications, treatment, chemotherapy, radiation therapy.
- With endocrine pathologies, syphilis, somatic diseases, Addison's disease, anemia, biotin deficiency, zinc, protein and other diseases.
- With "ringworm" deprivation and unbalanced nutrition.
- With the pathology of autoimmune body production, alopecia areata are observed, eventually it can develop into total alopecia.
- If hair care is wrong, then traumatic alopecia occurs. Influence and have the wrong actions of the hairdresser, non-observance of the conditions for washing the head, too frequent use of varnishes and other styling products, hair dryer.
- With hereditary disorders, gene disorders, androgenic alopecia can occur. The hair begins to thin out, fall out on the vertex or near the forehead. There are 3 factors of development of such a disease: hereditary propensity, hormone level, age.
Diagnosis and treatment
So what kind of doctor should I turn to if my hair is thinning intensely? Usually it is required to visit the trichologist first. This specialist will determine whether the composition and structure of the hair correspond to the norm, whether there are hair follicle disorders, growth phase and other. But the first thing that such an expert does is determine the causes of hair loss, the nature of the disease.
After all the tests have been submitted, the necessary tests and tests have been performed, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment that will help to get rid of the problem. Only a trichologist can prescribe a course of examination, if necessary, he will also send the patient for additional examination to other specialists. Most often it's an endocrinologist, an oncologist. Trichologist himself, if the problem can be solved by him, appoints special multivitamin complexes, necessary actions for hair care, diet.
Diagnosis is carried out on the basis of tests, which are appointed the very first (these are blood tests, urine tests, tests), information about the transferred or existing diseases, the admission of any medications. It is recommended to perform a general medical examination, which will show what condition the patient is in.If there is a suspicion of the presence of a fungal infection, the trichologist additionally takes hair samples for a study in the laboratory. The doctor should be consulted if there are problems with the scalp. Seborrhea can cause thinning of strands. But do not despair, there are many medicines and methods that will get rid of such a problem.
During the analysis it is necessary to remember that usually hair loss begins only 3-4 months after the disease begins to have a detrimental effect on the body. Therefore, it is best to undergo regular medical examination, less nervous, since stress can cause a strong hair thinning.
How to treat baldness?
To hair stopped falling out, you need to start a comprehensive treatment. First you need to establish the cause, then start regeneration for the functioning of the hair follicles. If the lesion is not too complicated, then you can start a self-healing mechanism, help the body cope with the disease with its own reserves. But there are also cases when the disease is serious. After the treatment, baldness continues or reappears after a certain time.
Most often the doctor prescribes vitamins B. Usually, treatment to restore hair growth requires a long time. The first results will appear only after 6-9 months, so you need to have patience. In any case, the expert will appoint to provide improved nutrition of the hair roots, the reception of multivitamin complexes. In their composition, there are usually B vitamins. In advanced cases, injections are given, counseling of a psychologist, use of other medications may be required. But such a choice of medicines can be carried out only on an individual basis.
When the hair begins to drop strongly, the specialist can prescribe the following remedies:
- External preparations that directly affect the hair follicles are applied to the scalp of the affected area.
- Corticosteroids, immunosuppressors.
- Irritants that have an activating effect are croton oil, dithranol, anthralin and others.
- Drugs that have the ability to directly affect hair bulbs, most commonly used minoxidil.
- Preparations that can activate hair growth are diphenylcyclopropenone, dinitrochlorobenzene and others.
- Experimental preparations may also be used, for example cytokines, tacrolimus, neoral.
If the hair has partially fallen out or the hair has started to drop out, the doctor can recommend the use of home therapies. Here everything is extremely simple, special shampoos are prescribed for hair growth, balms, masks and tinctures for rinsing. Today in pharmacies you can find various means.
Suitable mask, you can buy the right ingredients and prepare the product yourself.
Usually, mustard, honey and other natural ingredients are used. However, before taking a consultation with a doctor, which should allow the use of the chosen remedy.
If you lose hair, you should immediately go to a doctor who will prescribe the examination, determine the cause of this phenomenon, and then prescribe the course of treatment. The causes of baldness can be many, often these are various concomitant diseases or drugs and methods of treatment. But hair loss can be caused by stressful conditions, lack of vitamins in the body. That is why the treatment is strictly individual, it is impossible to engage in self-medication, as this can lead to irreversible consequences and complete baldness, which is no longer subject to treatment. If there is a disease that caused hair loss, then it must be treated in passing, in order to completely eliminate the problem.