Pre-cancerous condition of the uterus
The precursor of uterine tissues is a pathological process that under certain conditions can be transformed into a malignant disease.
The most common malignancy is observed in women who have started sexual activity before the age of 15, having many partners and infectious diseases of the reproductive organs.
In addition, the development of cancer contributes early (up to 18 years) or late (after 28 years) pregnancy and childbirth, infertility, frequent abortions, chronic inflammation of the cervix.
A certain part in the structure of precancerous conditions is occupied by women with early or late menopause, as well as having irregular sexual activity, obesity or diabetes mellitus.
Precancerous diseases of the uterus
The precancerous condition of the cervix can be manifested by erosion or polyp in this area. Symptomatically, erosion is manifested by secretions ("whites") of profuse character or by the appearance of bloody veins during or after sexual activity.
It is possible to suspect polyps of the cervix of the uterus when there is a pain syndrome in the lower abdomen, which intensifies with intense physical activity or during sexual intercourse. Allocations from the external reproductive organs of a woman can be white or bloody.
The manifestations of endometrial polyps are represented by prolonged, abundant bloody discharge, which can be observed during menstruation and menopause.
As for the precancer of the body of the uterus, the glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium, which manifests itself in the change in the menstrual cycle, belongs to the background pathology. It becomes irregular, and the discharge is quite abundant. In addition, intermenstrual bleeding is possible, as well as bleeding at menopause.
To a precancer is also a benign tumor - myoma of the uterus. At the initial stage of development, clinical manifestations may be absent, therefore pathology is diagnosed during routine medical examination.
With progression of the disease and intensive growth of the neoplasm, painful painful sensations are noted below abdomen, periodic intermenstruation, frequent urge to urinate and increase the circumference stomach.
Important to know: Does erosion become cancer?
How to recognize the precancerous condition of the uterus?
In order to diagnose the precancerous process of the cervix or uterine body, a complete gynecological examination is necessary. It includes:
- colposcopy, in which the shape of the glands, the vascular pattern, color, surface, condition of the epithelium is evaluated, the Schiller test is performed with Lugol's solution and hematoxylin.
- cytological examination of the material from the cavity, cervix and external genitalia of a woman;
- colpomicroscopy - histological diagnostics, allowing to study the morphology of the tissue, without violating the cellular composition;
- biopsy - the most reliable method for determining the final diagnosis in oncology.
In cytology, many cells of the cylindrical epithelium can be found. Depending on the stage of the pathology, in the smears, the predominance of cells of the intermediate, parabasal or basal layers with atypia of different severity is visualized.
How to prevent cancerous transformation?
Significantly reduce the risk of malignancy can be, adhering to some recommendations. So, it is necessary:
- control your weight;
- regularly examine the hormonal level in the presence of concomitant endocrine pathology;
- timely treatment of polycystic ovaries, erosion, cervical polyps and uterine body;
- not postpone the first pregnancy, childbirth for an age after 28 years;
- not to start a sexual life before 15 years;
- monitor the number of sexual partners;
- prevent the chronic inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system (adnexitis, endometritis);
- in time to treat infections that are sexually transmitted (genital herpes, venereal infections, papilloma virus).
Do not neglect the trips to the doctor, because regular checkups can diagnose a precancerous disease at an early stage, which is the key to successful treatment.
Depending on the type of the precancer and the cause that caused it, several methods of treatment are distinguished. In the presence of hormonal dysfunction, it is necessary to normalize the hormonal background by prescribing substitution drugs or receptor blockers.
Local drug therapy is used by applications of drugs, which include organic and inorganic acids, capable of coagulating the cylindrical epithelium. As a result, destruction of the pathological focus without traumatizing effects on healthy tissues is observed. We also need to highlight the absence of scar changes on the cervix, despite the deep penetration of the drug.
The non-drug treatment group includes laser treatment, cryodestruction and surgical intervention. Laser radiation activates metabolic enzymes, accelerates the regeneration of tissues and local blood circulation. In addition, there is an anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effect.
The most unfavorableprecancerous condition of the uterus- polyps, chronic erosions and uterine myomas, which are most often transformed into cancer. For this reason, we kindly ask you not to postpone your trips to the doctor, in the presence of the above-listed dangerous diseases..