Symptoms and treatment of vesiculitis
Table of contents
- Causes of the disease
- Main symptoms
- What treatment is possible?
- Preventive measures
- What diagnostics is carried out?
Diseases of the pelvis in men can occur for a variety of reasons, often even simple hypothermia has deplorable consequences. One of these diseases is vesiculitis, an inflammatory process that occurs in seminal vesicles.
The causes of the disease can be hypothermia, infectious diseases, sexual abstinence, a strong weakening of immunity.
To treat this disease is problematic, but it is possible to successfully fight the pathogen, eliminating the symptoms, preventing relapse.
Causes of the disease
Before deciding how to treat the disease, it is necessary to understand what caused it. Most often it is an infection that enters the seminal vesicles not only from the urethra, but also from the bladder, for example, with cystitis. Infection can get from the kidneys, which often happens with pyelonephritis, and with blood. In the latter case, the cause of the disease can be pneumonia, osteomyelitis, pustular formations, tonsillitis. Vesiculitis can also develop with trauma in the pelvic area. In some cases fistulas near the rectum lead to the rapid development of vesiculitis.
But all the reasons given, which have a urological origin, are rare. And infectious sources in the body, especially if they are not treated, can cause not only inflammation of the seminal vesicles, but also other dangerous diseases. Usually it is prostatitis, when the pathogens quickly from the prostate enter the vesicles, causing a new inflammatory process. Approximately 20-30% of cases of prostatitis cause inflammation of seminal vesicles.
Symptoms of the disease are different, they depend on which form is observed. Acute vesiculitis is characterized by such manifestations:
- The appearance of high fever, chills, the state of health sharply worsens.
- In the groin area there is a strong pain, which gradually spreads to the sacrum, the lower abdomen, the anus.
- With defecation, urination pain increases, well-being becomes bad.
- Fatigue, there are headaches.
- Night erections become frequent, but with this there is soreness.
- Urination becomes frequent and painful.
Chronic vesiculitis has a slightly different symptomatology:
- The erection becomes painful.
- In the groin area, anus, sacrum, perineum pains are observed, but they are unstable.
- Hypospermia, i.e., the appearance of traces of blood in the semen.
- Ejaculation becomes very fast, painful.
- The quality of orgasm is reduced.
What treatment is possible?
The treatment of vesiculitis depends on the stage at which the disease is found. At the initial stage, the disease is better treated with antibacterial active therapy. For this, broad-based drugs are used, for example penicillin, cephalosporin, macrolide. But to treat vesiculitis is necessary only after the doctor writes out the appropriate drugs, otherwise you can only inflict harm on the body.
Antibiotics allow you to treat the disease effectively, they have an effect directly on the pathogen. But this is sometimes not enough for vesiculitis, the symptoms of which can not be removed in this way. Doctors prescribe an anesthetic, antipyretic, to be able to alleviate the condition. Inflammation of seminal vesicles is not so fast. To treat the disease, drugs are given in tableted or injectable form. Their selection depends on the stage of the disease.
You can treat vesiculitis and with a laxative, which allows you to remove symptoms such as pain in the perineum during defecation. Plus you need to comply with strict bed rest. If there are signs of a chronic disease, then a number of therapeutic procedures are additionally prescribed, if necessary, vesiculitis is treated surgically.
This procedure is appointed only after a thorough examination. If purulent vesiculitis is diagnosed, then only surgical treatment is prescribed. Usually, the seminal vesicle cavity is drained. But it is possible to treat another way - rinsing the cavity. This procedure is more sparing. If you treat vesiculitis in this way, then rinsing is carried out directly through the urethra and in no other way.
Vesiculitis can not be cured completely, it is possible to remove only the symptoms and act on the pathogen, but in the future it requires a constant observance of a number of rules. Important here is proper nutrition, you must avoid hypothermia, the appearance of a disease such as prostatitis.
After the course of treatment has been passed, certain actions should be taken that will prevent vesiculitis in the future. Recommended sanatorium treatment, a course of mud baths, compliance with certain strict conditions of the regime, a diet is mandatory. Physiotherapeutic procedures are also recommended. If you do not follow all the recommendations, vesiculitis may reappear, but the inflammation will be more serious.
Prevention of the disease allows not only to make treatment more effective, but also to prevent its development. To take preventive measures to prevent inflammation of seminal vesicles, it is necessary to take into account such factors that cause vesiculitis:
- Too frequent constipation. If a similar phenomenon is observed, it is necessary to completely revise your diet, start taking a laxative. Help to cope with constipation, which is one of the causes of inflammation of the seminal vesicles, will help the doctor. Therefore, a visit to the hospital should not be postponed.
- A sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work is the reason that vesiculitis develops. Such a way of life causes stagnation of blood, and hence inflammation of seminal vesicles. That the reasons given do not cause illness, it is necessary to do exercises on a regular basis in the mornings, to carry out daily walking tours.
- Vesiculitis is caused by too frequent sexual acts or abstinence from them. Seminal vesicles undergo heavy loads, and this causes inflammation. If abstinence from sexual acts is observed, it only leads to a delay in secretion, and stasis causes inflammation of the seminal vesicles. Therefore, sex life should be regular, but too intense it is not necessary to plan.
- Subcooling, any neglected infectious diseases of the pelvic organs become the reasons for the appearance of vesiculitis.Danger and weakening of immunity, because the body is simply not able to cope with the infections, and In the absence of prophylaxis, numerous diseases quickly appear, including vesicles.If there are any signs of such a disease, then it is necessary to undergo a survey.
- Absence in the diet of all necessary vitamins, microelements. To prevent vesiculitis and other diseases, nutrition should be full. In addition, it is necessary to carry out a regular check-up, it will help to identify the diseases at their early stage, it will be possible to organize the treatment of vesiculitis on time.
What diagnostics is carried out?
Diagnosis, conducted in a timely manner, allows you to begin treatment of the disease at an early stage. It will help to know if there is vesiculitis, to determine the presence of inflammation of seminal vesicles. At the initial stage, the specialist conducts a so-called rectal examination.
This makes it possible to see if there are traces of inflammation on the front wall of the rectum. After that, laboratory tests are already being assigned. All of them either confirm that there is vesiculitis, or a preliminary diagnosis is refuted.
A general blood test is prescribed only to see if there are signs of inflammation. The same is true for a prescribed urine test. That is why there are few such analyzes, it is required to sow the contents of all seminal vesicles. The contents of them are typed in a clean test tube, the fence is performed during the prostate massage.
Do this procedure can only a doctor, you can not contact unknown centers. After the contents of the seminal vesicles are taken, it is necessary to perform its seeding in a nutrient medium. After a couple of days, the resulting colonies of microbes show whether there is vesiculitis in seminal vesicles. If there are no such colonies, then there is no reason for any concern - vesiculitis is not observed.
In addition, the specialist appoints ultrasound of the pelvic organs. The sensor, which during the study is inserted into the rectum, will show whether you develop vesiculitis. This allows you to accurately see the inflammation of the seminal vesicles and their walls. Sometimes this method is enough to say whether it is chronic or acute vesiculitis. But the diagnosis and treatment can not be postponed in any case, treatment in the hospital is necessary in any case.
Vesiculitis is a disease in which seminal vesicles are affected. The disease has inflammatory character, for its definition it is necessary to conduct a special examination, after which the doctor will prescribe the treatment.