How to prevent stroke in men: risk factors
Table of contents
- The main causes of strokes
- Factors that provoke a stroke
- How to avoid a stroke
- Drug prevention and folk recipes
Recently, the statistics of deaths from stroke horrifies the tendency to grow and "rejuvenate". Violation of the cerebral circulation is the 4th position among the causes of death in the male part of the population. Half a century ago, stroke was considered a disease of the elderly, and now 40-year-olds and even 30-year-olds suffer from vascular diseases.How to prevent a stroke in men?The main thing to remember is that stroke is not an independent phenomenon. This is an acute complication of the underlying disease. Therefore, in order to avoid a stroke, it is necessary to prevent and treat the underlying disease.
The outcome of a stroke can be very deplorable. More than 60% of people who have had a stroke die within a year. But even if the patient survives, the risk of remaining immobilized is large enough. But do not despair. 80 out of 100 cases of the disease can be prevented. It is enough to follow your health more carefully and make some changes in your lifestyle.
The main causes of strokes
- Ischemic stroke. This type of impaired cerebral circulation is most common. It is caused by atherosclerosis. Atherosclerotic plaque clogs the vessel, blocking the possibility of oxygen supply to certain parts of the brain. Deficiency of oxygen causes damage and death of cells - necrosis.
- Hemorrhagic stroke, although less common, is a more dangerous and complicated case. If the blood pressure rises to 160/95, the risk of an attack increases by 4 times, at a pressure of 200/115 - by 10 times. Elevated blood pressure tears the walls of blood vessels, blood enters the brain, causing swelling and death of brain areas.
Factors that provoke a stroke
It is proved that men suffer from strokes by 10-15% more often than women. There are several risk factors that cause cerebral infarction:
- Heredity. According to statistics, 50% of strokes are caused by a hereditary predisposition. The disease is transmitted through the maternal line.
- Bad habits. To say that smoking and alcohol significantly shorten the duration of men's life is pointless. It is a fact. One of the negative consequences of a wrong way of life is a heart attack of the brain vessels.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Fatty deposits not only negatively affect the work of the heart, but also provoke the formation of atherosclerotic plaques that cause 80% of ischemic strokes.
- Excessive stress and stress. Overwork causes an increase in blood pressure, increases the burden on nerve cells and provokes frequent headaches.
- Old age. For the elderly, there are significant changes in the physiological and psychological sphere, the body weakens, the walls of the vessels become thinner, as a result of the cessation of blood supply, sudden damage develops the brain.
- Bad ecology. A person who regularly allocates time for rest, visits a sanatorium and gives a positive reaction to the changes taking place in life, reduces the risk of brain attacks to a minimum.
Important factors that increase the likelihood of strokes may also include a tendency to hypertension - high blood pressure, complications due to chronic diseases.
Recently, scientists have found that the risk of developing a stroke directly depends on the blood group.
The most common diseases associated with pressure changes occur in people with a 2 + group. The representatives of group 1 often have adrenal dysfunction and the risk of blood clots. To identify predisposition and prevent a stroke, it is necessary to regularly undergo medical examinations and take blood tests. For example, it helps in time to determine high blood sugar and the risk of a disease such as diabetes, which often causes a cerebral infarction.
How to avoid a stroke
The advice of specialists on stroke prevention converges in many aspects. Prevention of stroke is the observance of the basic principles of a healthy lifestyle. You should carefully monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol level, stop smoking, reduce consumption of salt, switch to a healthy diet, increasing the number of vegetables and fruits and minimizing the consumption of animal fats and Sahara.
High cholesterol causes sclerosing vessels. If you want to reduce the risk of cerebral infarction to a minimum, then restricting the use of alcohol is an indispensable measure. In the first hours after taking alcohol, the danger of stroke is especially great.
Regular exercise and moderate exercise (walking, walking, cycling) prevent the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, including brain damage. The risks of premature death during regular exercise are reduced by about 30%. Men with the presence of any chronic diseases need mandatory consultation with the attending physician on issues relating to the nature and intensity of the load. In the fresh air should be held at least 4 hours per week, this reduces the risk of stroke by 20%.
Measures to prevent cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus are also ways to prevent stroke. It is necessary to visit a specialist regularly to monitor risk factors. The intake of medications should be strictly in accordance with the doses prescribed by the doctor.
The role of stress in increasing the risk of stroke is proven. We must learn to avoid conflict situations, form a positive outlook on life. If it is impossible to cope with psychological problems, it is necessary to contact the specialists for help yourself.
Drug prevention and folk recipes
There are several effective measures to prevent cerebral infarction. But in any case, before using them, you need to consult a doctor.
- Acetylsalicylic acid takes a leading role in drug prevention of cardiovascular diseases (heart attack, stroke). Recommended doses are prescribed by the doctor in the absence of contraindications (for example, from the GI tract) and on the average according to the recommendations of EUSI are 50 mg.
- B6 and K vitamins, potassium, iodine, phosphorus and iron are involved in hematopoiesis and help prevent cardiovascular attacks in the early stages.
- Calcium antagonists, sedatives, hypotensive agents of myotropic action and diuretics also play a significant role in the prevention of stroke.
To non-medicinal forms of prevention can be attributed to the use of citrus, ground with honey, apple broth from antonovki, infusions on needles, medicinal herbal teas, herbal compresses. As studies have shown, three cups of tea a day significantly reduce the risk of stroke.