How to take Mamoclam: indications, dosage
Mamoclam is a drug made from thalli laminaria (Thalli Laminariae), which is used in as a monophasic or complex therapy for diseases of the breast, including cancer character. However, this is not the only indication for the prescription of Mamoclam. Instructions for use of the drug indicate the rationality of its use to eliminate clinical manifestations premenstrual syndrome, painful menstruation, recovery of the menstrual cycle during the period of hormonal adjustment organism.
What the product looks like
Mamoclam is presented in the form of tablets made from saponified concentrated matter of seaweed kelp. The main components of the drug are iodine (100 μg) and chlorophyll (5 mg).
Lipid substances, which are part of the drug as an additive, provide him with the necessary substance. Medicinal components of Mamoclam give the tablets a characteristic light green color and a specific smell of kelp. What Mamoklam looks like, you can see in the photo.
Mamoklam is produced in several forms:
- Glass jars containing 20 or 30 tablets;
- polymer cans containing 40 tablets;
- blisters for 10 or 20 tablets.
In modern pharmacy the lipid complex is better known as "Clam".
Despite the plant origin of the drug, the daily dose should be strictly controlled: do not exceed the content of iodine in the body.
Each tablet of Mamoclam contains, mg of iodine, this must be taken into account when using other medicines or food products that contain this trace element.
The unique composition of the plant extract of kelp consists of amino acids, vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B9, C, PP) and minerals (Iodine, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron), which explains the high effect of Mamoclam in the treatment of gynecological diseases and recovery organism.
Indications for use of the drug
Despite the over-the-counter release of the drug, its administration should be monitored by the attending physician. It can be mammalog, gynecologist, endocrinologist or oncologist. Medicines can cause an equally pronounced side effect, as well as synthetic analogs. Mamoclam in therapeutic doses does not have a negative effect on the body, in contrast to hormonal drugs.
The drug Mamoclam is prescribed for:
- mastalgia (painful sensations in the chest);
- premenstrual syndrome;
- fibrocystic mastopathy;
- disturbed menstrual cycle in the period of hormonal changes in the body;
- imbalance of sex hormones;
- the appearance of seals in the mammary glands;
- ectasia (dilatation of the milk ducts);
- an increase in glandular structures in the epithelium of the mammary glands and cervix;
- suspicion of oncology.
The effectiveness of Mamoclam was confirmed by numerous clinical trials conducted in the VIC of the Oncology Research Institute. In gynecological practice, Mamoclam remains a popular tool for prescribing patients mammological and oncologic dispensaries, centers of obstetrics and gynecology, for treatment of diffuse mastopathy.
Mode of application
The dose of the drug and the duration of therapy are determined by the attending physician depending on the indications, individual characteristics of the hormonal system of the patient. In most cases, doctors adhere to the standard drug regimen.
|Single dose||Number of receptions throughout the day||The maximum daily dose||Duration of treatment||Reception Features|
|1-2 tablets||2-3 times||6 tablets||1-3 months||30 minutes before meals, drink plenty of water|
To achieve maximum effect and prevent relapses, Mamoclam can be taken repeatedly. However, the next course of treatment begins no earlier than two weeks after taking the medication after consultation with the attending physician.
What to look for
Like any medicine, Mamoclam has limitations and contraindications for use:
- acute and chronic kidney disease;
- thyroid cancer;
- increased hormonal activity of the thyroid gland;
- multinodular goiter of the thyroid gland;
- lactase insufficiency;
- individual hypersensitivity of the organism to active components;
- pyoderma in chronic form;
- hereditary propensity of the body to bleed, hemorrhage;
- acute purulent-inflammatory processes in the body;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
Medical statistics indicate a good tolerability of the drug, if not exceed the indicated dose. The use of Mamoclam in a high dose threatens to intoxication of the body with the subsequent development of aseptic inflammation of the mucous membranes - iodism.
Among the main unpleasant symptoms caused by taking a drug in a high dose are:
- an allergic reaction in the form of hives, itching;
- allergic rhinitis;
- increased salivation;
- feeling of thirst;
- violation of blood pressure;
- acne eruptions on the skin.
The phenomenon of intoxication removes symptomatic therapy with the use of sorbents (Smecta, Enterosgel, Sorbex, activated charcoal) and a large amount of liquid.
The maximum approximations to Mamoclam are Mastodinone and Mammoleptin, as well as biologically active supplements Klamin, Mammosan, Laminaria thallus, Indinol, Phyto Transit. Mamoclam is not a cheap drug. Its cost fluctuates within 700 rubles, which is higher than similar funds.
In contrast to the preparation based on kelp, its analogs have in their composition a larger number of plant components.
If the question is "Mamoclam or Mastodinon? What is the doctor's best decision based on the history of the anamnesis:
- In the presence of thyroid diseases in the anamnesis, the choice is better to stop at Mastodinone. This remedy can be taken for a long time without worrying about the excess of iodine in the body.
- A similar combination is Mammoleptin. Homeopathic drug not only positively affects the condition of the mammary glands, but also has an immunomodulatory effect. However, if you have a history of cardiovascular and neuropsychiatric diseases from the use of medication should be discarded.
- If in the past the patient suffered from alcohol dependence, it is rational to use Mamoclam to reduce the burden on the damaged liver.
- Unlike biologically active additives, medical products have been certified, their clinical effectiveness has been proven. Therefore, the advantage on the side of proven means, ensuring a high result.
A tool prescribed by a specialist taking into account the indications, available limitations, has a positive result. Timely consultations of the attending physician with observance of his recommendations at times increase the chances of successful treatment.
Anna: I take the medicine for more than 2 weeks. Has noticed reduction of inspissation in a breast, soreness at a palpation has disappeared, I feel well. I think that this is a worthy alternative to hormone therapy.
Natalia: I, too, want to leave a positive response about this tool, as I have taken it in the past. Mamoklam was prescribed to me by a gynecologist to eliminate painful sensations in the chest before menstruation. The first result was noticed already in the second week of admission, in addition, the menstrual cycle was restored.
Tomas: The instruction foresees the use of Mamoklama one month, but a doctor prescribed me for mastopathy, then 3 months break, and again a month of therapy. Symptomatically helps, but it is not known how effective it is in complex cases. As an alternative designate Mastopol.
Larissa: It is impossible to cure mastopathy quickly. And the effectiveness of Mamoclam should be discussed with the attending physician. A mammologist told me that it was the combination of iodine and chlorophyll that positively affects the epithelialization of the tissue in the mammary gland. Follow-up ultrasound and blood tests are an integral part of the course of treatment.
Dina: I tried to treat mastalgia on the advice of a doctor Mammoleptin. While I drink - it helps, but with the onset of regular monthly again, the chest hurts.
Lydia: As an analog you can use Mastodinon. I helped to remove the seal in the chest after childbirth.
Alina: I heard that Mamoclam and Mammoleptin prevent the occurrence of breast cancer. Is it plausible?
Alya: Use the medication you need on the recommendation of the doctor in charge, rather than appoint them yourself. The diagnosis is preceded by a set of diagnostic measures aimed at detecting pathology. And this should only be done by a doctor.
Pauline: I do not understand how homeopathy can hinder the development of oncology? Is the mixture of powder of deer antlers and herbs destroys atypical cells in the mammary gland?! Perhaps the use of such raw materials is an absolute contraindication in this case. It is necessary to eliminate the source of the disease, not the symptoms.