Can I get pregnant with ovarian inflammation?
The main purpose of the woman is the continuation of the family, that is, birth of a child. To perform this biological task in the body there is a reproductive system. If it functions without failures, then problems with the onset of pregnancy is not observed. However, various diseases of the organs of this system can prevent or even make it impossible for the birth of a new life.
Adnexitis: causes and mechanisms of development
Most often, women are faced with adnexitis - the so-called inflammatory process in the appendages of the uterus: ovaries and (fallopian) fallopian tubes. Another name for this pathology is salpingoophoritis. Inflammation begins against a background of reduced immunity from a small infectious focus, developing into a serious disease. Many patients with the diagnosis of the diagnosis raises the question - can I get pregnant with inflammation of the appendages? For the answer it is necessary to understand the causes and manifestations of the disease.
For the correct diagnosis, a woman must pass the necessary tests, undergo an examination with a gynecologist, and also an ultrasound. It is desirable to determine the disease as early as possible and begin therapy, since the onset of inflammatory processes in the appendages and ovaries almost always become chronic, which leads to the formation of adhesions and other complications.
Specialists identify several risk factors for the development of adnexitis:
- inflammatory processes in neighboring organs;
- infectious diseases of the genital area;
- decreased immunity;
- general hypothermia;
- stress in the work of the nervous system (stress, overwork);
- unsuccessfully conducted abortions in the anamnesis;
- negligent performance of hygiene rules.
The immediate cause of the onset of adnexitis is infection with pathogenic viruses and bacteria during unprotected sex (especially dangerous chlamydia, streptococci, staphylococcus and gonococcus, as well as mycoplasma and ureaplasma). Activation of one's own flora against the background of reduced immunity is not ruled out. The likelihood of developing adnexitis increases after abortions and miscarriages.
Pregnancy with adnexitis: are there any chances?
Such a probability exists, but it is not large. First of all, because of inflammatory processes, ovulation slows down, i.e., maturation of the egg. Further, even if fertilization has occurred, an impenetrable obstruction may appear on the path of the egg to the uterus for attachment due to the appearance of adhesion tubes in the lumen. Disease-causing microorganisms also violate normal physiology and the promotion of oocytes. In such cases, the likelihood of an ectopic pregnancy is high, because in unfavorable conditions due to inflammatory processes, the egg moves slowly and is not attached to the uterus, but along the way - on the walls of the ovaries or Fallopian tubes. The result is always one - the prompt prompt interruption of such pregnancy and possible infertility.
The answer to the question whether it is possible to become pregnant with ovarian inflammation depends on a number of other factors: the type and duration of the available inflammatory process in the genital area, the presence of concomitant diseases, the age of the patient and the individual characteristics of her organism.
Complications of pregnancy with adnexitis
The presence of pathological inflammatory processes in the appendages is not a 100% hindrance to pregnancy. However, the onset of pregnancy often occurs with a number of complications.
- First of all, the probability of infection of the fetus with various viruses and bacteria circulating in the mother's body is high. This occurs against a background of a lowered immunity of a woman and a violation of the protective properties of the placenta. The result of this condition can be regression of pregnancy, premature birth or spontaneous miscarriage.
- Inflammation of the appendages during pregnancy is accompanied by increased thrombosis and the production of antibodies, which threatens the development of a thrombohemorrhagic crisis with subsequent detachment of the placenta and miscarriage.
- Another serious complication of pregnancy that has occurred against the background of adnexitis is a bubble drift. This term denotes the situation when a defective egg is fertilized, and the embryo is not formed, or fertilization occurs immediately with 2 spermatozoa (ie, e. chromosomes is much larger than the norm) and the embryo is formed in part. Initially, such an embryo is not viable, only the growth of chorionic villi, including beyond the uterine cavity to other organs, occurs. Perhaps degeneration into a malignant tumor. The consequences must be eliminated promptly, sometimes chemotherapy is used.
- Due to hormonal imbalance in chronic inflammation of the ovaries, normal fetal development may be impaired, anembrion and miscarriage are also possible.
The most frequent complications of pregnancy against the background of chronic adnexitis are presented in the table.
|I trimester (up to 12 weeks)||Spontaneous abortion, regressing pregnancy, intrauterine infection of the fetus||Treatment aimed at maintaining pregnancy, antibiotic therapy|
|II trimester (13-24 weeks)||Spontaneous miscarriage, placental insufficiency, placenta previa||Preservation therapy, means for improving uteroplacental blood flow|
|III trimester (25-40 weeks)||Premature birth, placental insufficiency, fetal hypoxia, delayed fetal development, polyhydramnios||Preservation therapy, funds for improving uteroplacental blood flow, antibacterial therapy, solution of the issue of delivery|
|Postpartum period||Postpartum endometritis||Antibiotic therapy|
Consequences and their prevention
Best of all, without waiting for trouble, to prevent the diseases of the female genital area and not be exposed to the risk factors for inflammation. Then you can plan pregnancy at any time.
If the inflammation of the ovaries or appendages is already diagnosed - with the help of tests, smears from the vagina, as well as ultrasound, showing the presence of inflammation, do not despair. In the current gynecology, there is a whole direction devoted to the treatment of inflammations of the uterine appendages. Its goal is to stop the pathological processes, to cure their consequences and restore the normal work of the female sexual sphere for the onset of physiological pregnancy and successful delivery. Therapy is carried out conservatively, with the help of medications and physiotherapy. Dosage can be used and herbal medicine as a support.
After the normal functioning of the uterine appendages is restored, the hormonal background is adjusted pharmacologically (as a rule, with using oral contraceptives), the metabolism is normalized (using a balanced diet) and immunity is strengthened (using vitamin therapy).
After recovery, confirmed by analysis and visual examination of the gynecologist, should pass a minimum of 3-6 months physiological functioning of the ovaries, after which it is possible to begin planning for pregnancy and to be tuned for birth healthy child.