Methods of treatment of arrhythmia by physical exercises, what should exercise therapy be?
Diseases of the heart and vascular system - the main cause of deaths around the world. Therefore, it is very important to observe the work of your heart and maintain its health. The most frequent pathology in cardiologists is a violation of the heart rhythm. The treatment of arrhythmia by physical exercises is the most safe and effective way to improve the state of the cardiovascular system and to reduce the risk of developing serious diseases. This prophylaxis is recommended to people who do not yet have neglected health problems.
- Arrhythmia and the causes of its occurrence
- When is LFK contraindicated?
- Arrhythmia and allowable physical activity
- Daily walks
- Charging in the morning
- Other physical activities
- Gymnastic Exercises
- What is respiratory gymnastics for?
- Gymnastics Strelnikova A. N.
- Breathing exercises
- Gymnastics Buteyko K. P.
- What exercises can not be done with arrhythmias?
Arrhythmia and the causes of its occurrence
The heart rhythm plays an important role in the normal functioning of the body. Thanks to electrically impulses, the blood delivers oxygen to all organs. The normal heart beat frequency is from 60 to 90 beats per minute. Changes in the sequence, strength and frequency of the rhythm of the heart lead to arrhythmia.
The causes of the appearance of pathology are several:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- disorders in the thyroid gland;
- neurological pathologies;
- severe course of pregnancy;
- bad habits (alcohol and tobacco);
Among the various types of arrhythmias, the most common is ciliary. You can treat the disease with a medicamentous method, but taking medications has its own negative side, as it can harm other organs. With atrial fibrillation, the heart rate rises sharply, and the atria are often shortened. To restore the normal functions of the heart muscle, to prevent heart disease and the circulatory system, doctors recommend exercise therapy, gymnastics and yoga..
Important! LFK at a cardiac arrhythmia should be sparing! What kind of load is acceptable for the disease, the attending physician should explain..
When is LFK contraindicated?
Physical exercises with cardiac arrhythmias can be contraindicated in such cases:
- Serious changes in the heartbeat after a heart attack.
- Severe ischemia. Even with small physical exertions, the patient has heart rhythm disturbances and angina pectoris.
- Heart failure of II and III degree.
- Diseases of the endocrine system, such as diabetes mellitus type I and others.
- Heart defects.
- Serious deviations in the work of filtering organs: the liver and kidneys.
- Hypertension II and III type with pressure values above 160/90.
- Heart or aortic aneurysm.
Before appointing a physiotherapy exercise, the doctor directs the patient to the examination and only on its results gives recommendations regarding the permissible loads..
Attention! If physical activity causes discomfort, and pain arises in the area of the heart, you should abandon the exercises and visit the cardiologist as soon as possible..
Arrhythmia and allowable physical activity
Most often with this disease, moderate stress on the body is recommended. Training should be daily. The intensity of exercise increases gradually. At the initial stage elementary exercises are used: moderate walking, tasks on a chair in a sitting position. The effect of such physical education is not visible immediately, the result can be achieved only after a few months, and even years. Everything depends on the individual characteristics of the body and the regularity of the exercises.
Regular walks in the fresh air are very useful, especially for patients with arrhythmia. It is recommended to start with small distances, gradually increasing the distance. Given the physical health, you need to determine the pace of walking. Be sure to take a walk on the heart rate monitor. This will allow you to monitor the heart rate. At high performance of the device, you need to lower the tempo or make a breather, stopping and resting.
Charging in the morning
Almost all patients with arrhythmia are recommended to perform the morning warm-up. The intensity of the workload is determined by the doctor, given the age indices, the severity of the course of the disease, the individual characteristics of the patient, the presence of other diseases. The charging time is at least 15 minutes. The first classes begin with light exercises, choosing a slow or medium pace. Load increases gradually.
Other physical activities
Often, with arrhythmia, minor cardio-operations are prescribed in the form of swimming and cycling. Such training is very useful, but you still need to follow the rules:
- occupations should be clearly time limited;
- It is required to monitor the overall state;
- in the process of training it is important to check the pulse.
Therapeutic exercise in heart pathologies can include aerobic exercise and walking. Exceptions are exercises with a delay in breathing.
Consider the most acceptable set of exercises:
- Walking in place for 2-3 minutes. The pace is measured, the movements of the upper limbs are arbitrary. Breathing through the nose.
- Take the standing position. When you raise your hands up, take a deep breath, while lowering - breathe out. Exercise repeat 5-10 times. After some time, the cycle should be 30-50 times, but you need to gradually bring it to the end.
- Raise your hands to the sides. When turning the body to the left, take a deep breath. When turning the body to the right, exhale.
- Put your hands on your waist, as if to rest. Then proceed to the circular movements of the pelvis. Ten times in one direction, then the same in the other. Gradually increase the number of rotations to at least 30, maximum - up to 50 times.
- With each hand, carry out circular movements first forward, then backward. Initially enough 10-15 times, but in the future you need to increase the number of movements to 50.
- For 3 minutes walk in place, with the knees should be raised as high as possible.
- You can finish the exercise by walking at a moderate pace. Duration about 5 minutes.
In the first days of training, it takes 15-20 minutes to complete the exercises. But in the future, the time for conducting classes should be gradually increased, bringing to 30 minutes.
What is respiratory gymnastics for?
The cause of heart disease most often become problems with blood supply to the body. If the heart rhythm is wrong, the body loses oxygen, and this leads to hypoxia of the brain. In this condition, patients have general weakness of the body, dizziness and fainting.
Respiratory gymnastics in case of cardiac arrhythmia is aimed at improving pulmonary functions, thereby normalizing the pulse and heart rate. Proper breathing helps restore blood supply, which means that all muscles and organs, including the brain, will receive oxygen in sufficient quantity.
Preventive measures can prevent the appearance of cardiac pathology, while neglected conditions require complex and prolonged drug treatment. Breathing exercises provide control of breathing, the work of the diaphragm and the abdominal wall.
Consider the most commonly used methods.
Gymnastics Strelnikova A. N.
Do this breathing workout should be every day twice a day, best in the morning and evening. Initially, the procedure takes only a few minutes, but you should gradually increase the duration of classes to 25 minutes.
- Preliminary warm-up. It is often necessary to inhale when walking on the spot. One step is one breath.
- Exercise in 6 approaches, between which pauses are made for 20-30 seconds. In the standing position and with your hands down, you should loudly inhale and exhale. At the same time, the hands are clenched into a fist when inhaled and straightened, exhaling.
- Exercise in 12 approaches with short breaks of 5 seconds. Hands are compressed and placed in this form on the belt. Then you need to take a sharp breath, unclench your fists and put your hands down. With exhalation - return to the starting position.
- To perform this exercise, it is necessary to put the feet on the width of the shoulders, and hands to place along the body. When you inhale, lean your whole body forward, and stretch your arms out. With exhalation take the original position. Exercise repeat 12 times, but between each approach pause in a few seconds.
On how correctly a person breathes, a full-fledged enrichment of the organs with oxygen depends. The complex of exercises proposed below is useful for the heart and effective work of the cardiovascular system:
- Do half-squatting, meanwhile, taking your right hand aside. Left nostril with your left hand and slowly inhale your right nostril. Then the right hand is brought to the right nostril, and the left one is taken to the side. Repeat the same actions, but only starting with the left hand.
- Sit on a chair. Hold your right nostril with your hand and slowly inhale your left. Then open the right, blocking the left nostril and make a sharp exhalation. Repeat the exercise several times, changing the sequence.
- Gently fill the full chest with air, and exhale slowly.
- Repeat the previous task, but at the same time pull out the sponge with a "tube".
Gymnastics Buteyko K. P.
In case of failure of the heart rhythm, exercise therapy and breathing exercises are recommended. Gymnastics for Buteyko with arrhythmia is aimed at training of shallow breathing. The method is that a person inhales with his nose, but the stomach and chest remain immobile.
To perform the exercise you need to sit on a chair and relax the diaphragm. The duration of the lesson is 10-15 minutes. The inhalation of the nose takes 2 seconds, with the air reaching the trachea, and then exhaling for 3 seconds. Between exercises you need to make short pauses for 3-4 seconds. Then repeat everything.
With the help of this technique, the body reduces the presence of carbon dioxide, the patient's breathing becomes deeper.
What exercises can not be done with arrhythmias?
Not all physical activities with arrhythmia of the heart are useful. Before starting workouts, consult your doctor..
Attention! At a hypertension and an arrhythmia it is impossible to do or make exercises with a barbell and dumbbells. It is forbidden to engage in power simulators. Contraindicated abdominal exercises. Those who prefer yoga, must give up positions in which breath holding is provided..
Such exercises are not recommended for patients, as isothermal and aggravating exercises lead to difficulty breathing and disruption of the heart and circulatory system. At an arrhythmia physical loads of force character are contraindicated. Such exercises activate the work of muscles, increasing the flow of blood to them, while the heart loses oxygen.
To the heart to work properly, you need to perform daily exercise. But do not forget about a healthy lifestyle. With such a pathology as an arrhythmia, a sick person should follow a diet and completely abandon bad habits: smoking and drinking alcohol... .