How to pass an electrocardiogram without problems, so that there are no difficulties with the diagnosis?
Most people undergo ECG without special training. Often doctors do not even talk about special measures, which is a big mistake. When the patient tunes to take a cardiogram, is calm and prepared, the results are truly truthful. Nobody canceled the "white coat" syndrome, when at the sight of a doctor a person is pounding with nerves. Many are afraid of hospitals and procedures, and this affects the psychological, emotional and physical condition. How to pass an electrocardiogram without problems?
- Preparing for the procedure
- What can and can not be taken?
- How to prepare a child for the ECG procedure?
- How to prepare for Holter monitoring?
- What diseases are diagnosed on an electrocardiogram?
Preparing for the procedure
If a person knows in advance when the procedure is, then it is better for her to prepare for 1-2 days. Many will be surprised, because no one talks about this. The secret is simple - during this time the patient should soothe the heart as much as possible.
Advice! Pass the ECG procedure by a qualified physician who can read the information received..
Often due to medical error people are treated not at all those diseases of the cardiovascular system that they have. If necessary, for detailed information, the patient undergoes EchoCG, Holter monitoring, ultrasound of vessels, etc. To draw a conclusion, relying only on ECG data, it is impossible.
The first stage of preparation should be the choice of a medical institution or a doctor who conducts the procedure.
To make high-quality shooting, you need to know how to improve the result. For this, the patient should follow the following recommendations:
- For 1-2 days before the procedure, give up alcohol.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages the day before the procedure.
- If possible, then give up heavy physical exertion on the eve of the ECG.
- Minimize the stress factor.
- In the morning before the procedure, take a warm shower (clean skin has better conductivity).
- If the men on the chest are strongly developed hair, then shave off, so that the contact of the electrodes was the best.
- Women refuse to apply to the body fatty creams or balms, the skin should be clean.
- Before the procedure, do not take medications to make the result accurate. Before the ECG the doctor will specify which drugs to cancel at the time.
- While waiting for the procedure, calm down. To do this, inhale deeply and slowly exhale for 10 minutes.
- If necessary, take a litter towel.
These are preparatory moments, which help to remove accurate information from the device. With such preparation, the received data are as true as possible, which is what the cardiologist needs.
What can and can not be taken?
To pass the ECG without problems, you need to know what drugs, food or drinks contribute to the increase in heart rate.
There are a number of rules that must be followed before the procedure of electrocardiography:
- For 2-3 hours before the procedure, do not eat fatty, salty and spicy food.
- It is strictly forbidden to drink energy, coffee and strong tea.
- You can drink ordinary water, but in a small amount, as a large amount of liquid provokes shortness of breath. Drink no more than 200-300 ml, if the procedure is scheduled for the morning.
- Breakfast per day is easy, in the form of a snack.
- 1-2 hours before the procedure, you should not take vasoconstrictive medications, use eye drops or nasal sprays.
- If the patient can not refuse from smoking, then stop smoking several hours before the procedure. Nicotine smoke helps to narrow the vessels, which will be displayed on the ECG.
- You can not take strong sedatives, since they will noticeably decrease the heart rate, which will be the reason to diagnose a bradycardia.
The best option is to stop taking medications that can affect the heart. Taking drugs with diabetes mellitus can not be canceled.
How to prepare a child for the ECG procedure?
If adults do not always be able to calm themselves in time, what to say about the child. Not always parents can explain to the child that the procedure will not cause him the slightest feeling of pain. When a child sees that parents or relatives are worried, then he begins to be afraid.
To pass the ECG was calm, the child needs to explain what will happen. Parents should go to the office with small patients to calm them down.
The doctor should be positive about the child so that he does not feel fear. If the first time you failed to pass the ECG, hand over after 10-15 minutes. During this time, the children calm down, because they understand that nothing painful happened..
To hand over the ECG better in the morning, when the child has not yet loaded himself with active loads..
How to prepare for Holter monitoring?
Holter's ECG method is a long-term survey of heart parameters with the help of electrography. The method differs from the usual ECG in that the data is collected during the day. The electrodes are mounted on the patient's body, which are connected to a mini-computer. He accumulates the information received within 24 hours. After the device is removed, the physician analyzes the data taking into account different kinds of load. This method shows an informative result, so they are often used to diagnose various heart problems..
Important! Holter monitoring allows the doctor to see the slightest changes in the patient's heart. Use this method is appropriate on the medical board, which pass conscripts..
To deceive the device does not work out. Often to receive a negative cardiogram, conscripts can drink energy or drugs to speed up the heartbeat. Thus they shirk from the army, imitating an attack of arrhythmia, etc.
For monitoring to be successful, you should not abandon the campaign to work, because the data should be collected taking into account the usual mode of the day. Improving moments can be considered:
- Before the procedure, take a shower, as during the day you can not do this.
- Clothes should be free and simple, without metal and synthetic inserts.
- From the body remove the metal jewelry.
- In the morning before the procedure, the skin should not be applied with creams or lotions, it should be clean.
- Refuse from smoking and alcoholic beverages.
- Do not drink coffee, strong tea or energy drinks.
- Load yourself with excessive physical exertion is not worth it.
- Each step of the day is written in a diary. The list should include the time of the meeting. For example: walking, climbing stairs, sleeping, watching a movie, etc.
- Do not take drugs that can affect the work of the heart (vasoconstrictive drugs, antiarrhythmic, pacemakers).
The device is taken by the attending physician. It is forbidden to remove the appliance by yourself, to change the electrodes. Special attention should be paid to minimizing the stress factor. At the time of diagnosis do not expose yourself to unnecessary emotions or emotions.
What diseases are diagnosed on an electrocardiogram?
With the help of an electrocardiogram, doctors diagnose a lot of diseases, but often ECG - only the basic method. For detailed examination, echocardiography is used. With the help of ECG diagnose:
- angina pectoris,
- ischemic heart disease,
- hypertrophy of the heart muscle,
- scarring in the myocardium,
- myocardial infarction, etc.
If the patient has a pathology of the heart, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment. When pathological changes are diagnosed in a child, the cardiologist appoints an additional consultation with the pediatrician. Sometimes a consultation of a neurologist and an endocrinologist is required.
In addition to the prescribed treatment, the doctor recommends returning to the patient's life regimen: proper nutrition, moderate physical activity (for obesity), walking tours, therapeutic and preventive physical education... ..