How to deal with cardiac dyspnea, the reasons for its appearance
Studies have shown that cardiac dyspnea today affects young people 20-35 years more than the elderly. And the reason - the wrong way of life, when the regime of the day is not observed, a person is constantly in tension and stress, overeat, does not allow the body to recover in the process of sleep (nedosyp), abusing alcoholic beverages and smokes. All in all, little by little - and cardiac dyspnea develops with ailments of the cardiovascular system.
- Causes of cardiac dyspnea
- Symptoms of pathology
- Classification of dyspnoea
- Than to treat a dyspnea or shortness of heart and how it correctly to do or make?
- Treatment with folk remedies
- What if there is a strong dyspnea?
Causes of cardiac dyspnea
Distinctive characteristics of this condition in people of middle and young age are difficulties in inspiration. This can occur as a result of insufficient conductivity of the trachea, pleura, upper respiratory tract, bronchi, diaphragm, which is facilitated by:
- suppurative inflammation of tissues;
- the presence of a foreign body in the respiratory passages;
- bronchodilator spasms;
- swelling of the mucous membranes;
- painful neoplasm.
This kind of dyspnea may appear due to physiological factors, for example: a woman in a position, after overeating, severe physical activity (prolonged running, jumping or squats)..
Important! Most often, dyspnea is manifested in people, including young people, if they are overweight, in the process of physical training, with curvature of the spine or sternum deformity. Disploet may appear as a result of staying in high-altitude areas..
The factors contributing to the occurrence of cardiac dyspnea may be psychogenic causes:
- a sharp sense of fear and anxiety;
- panic attack;
- depressive state.
Symptoms of pathology
Symptom of dyspnea is the violation of the frequency and depth of breathing during exercise and in a calm state, when there is no reason for this.
There are two stages of air shortage:
- the initial stage is the manifestation of a symptom after physical exercises (load);
- The late stage, which progresses, is considered a complex version. In this case, the signs of dyspnea make themselves felt without tension, for example: when a person lies.
Dyspnoea in the prone position is considered dangerous. There is a huge risk that the patient will suffocate from an attack in a dream. After all, in a horizontal position, the influx of blood to the heart increases. And it did not do well with the previous loads. As a result, the blood stagnates in the vessels. Therefore, the patient is recommended to sleep in a sitting position, for example: in a chair. Only so, with the legs lowered down, it becomes a little easier for the heart to perform its functions.
If you feel a shortness of heart during a walk up the stairs, during a walk and during a simple homework, it is an alarm signal that indicates the occurrence of CH.
In medical circles there are several basic functional classes of dyspnea:
- I class - signs of shortness of breath make themselves felt after significant physical exertion;
- II class - malfunctions of breathing occur with a moderate load;
- III class - dyspnea appears with inessential physical activity, for example: doing housework;
- IV class - dyspnea occurs without weighty reasons, for example: at rest.
Classification of dyspnoea
Distinguish the following types of dyspnea with the inherent factors only of difficulty in inhaling and exhaling:
- Inspiratory dyspnea involves difficulties in the process of performing an inspiration. It manifests itself in heart failure and pathology of the respiratory system, indicating their insufficient conductivity. Call this kind of dyspnoea are capable of:
- bronchodilator spasms;
- swelling of the mucosa of the respiratory tract;
- hit of foreign bodies;
- appearance of the pathology of accumulation of secretions;
- abnormal development of organs;
- oncopathology and tumor, which lead to squeezing of the respiratory tract;
- Expiratory dyspnoea indicates a difficult patency of the small bronchi, which causes bronchodilator spasm. This is due to an abnormal narrowing of bronchioles, accumulation of secretion in them and swelling of the mucous cavity. This type of cardiac dyspnea accompanies bronchial asthma or bronchiolitis.
- Mixed dyspnea, which is considered a distinctive feature of parenchymal acute respiratory failure.
To remove the symptoms of dyspnoea of the heart, it is necessary to provide a course of drug therapy aimed at eliminating or reducing the harmful effect of the underlying ailment. After all, dyspnea is only a concomitant symptom, not a separate pathology.
Than to treat a dyspnea or shortness of heart and how it correctly to do or make?
If you feel oxygen deficiency in the form of dyspnoea and want to remove the symptoms, then do not be rushed headlong run to the nearest pharmacy kiosk for medicines that saved the girlfriend from a heart attack Shortness of breath. For starters it is recommended:
- if you smoke, then quit your addiction;
- if you are overweight, then normalize your diet and reduce weight;
- at a constant jump in blood pressure, take measures that relieve these symptoms.
Remove some types of dyspnea will not work even if you perform therapy to eliminate the underlying cause of the disease. The frequency of superficial breathing in ARVI will decrease with normalization of body temperature, but complications in the form of bronchitis may occur. And it promotes respiratory dysfunction and needs an additional course of treatment.
Remove shortness of breath with respiratory failure with drugs that expand the bronchi, promote expectoration and reduce the level of stress on the heart:
- methylxanthines of prolonged action;
- inhaled glucocorticoids;
- preparations for liquefaction of sputum;
- peripheral vasodilators;
- antispasmodic drugs.
In addition to drug therapy, lack of oxygen in the form of dyspnea can be eliminated by oxygen therapy with moistened oxygen, physiotherapy or curative respiratory gymnastics.
As a therapeutic respiratory gymnastics, you can use a set of exercises Strelnikova. It can be viewed on video:
Treatment with folk remedies
Producing treatment for dyspnea can be various methods, folk remedies can also help. After all, difficulties with breathing can be observed in a person for many years, constantly harassing and not giving a normal life.
Important! Medicinal herbs, on the basis of which make broths, act like tablets produced synthetically. That's only folk medicine suggests that herbs, when properly used, do not have harmful effects and do not have special side effects..
An emphasis is placed on the indication of the use of this or that herb as a therapeutic potion, since the patient may have an individual intolerance even to such a harmless thing. With rapid breathing, you should not use herbs that increase your heartbeat.
But before you start independently to make a medicine for traditional medicine, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.
As useful and effective herbs that will help get rid of cardiac dyspnea, they say:
- liquorice root;
- leaves of aloe;
- cranberry grass;
Each individual herb needs a certain preparation. Some of them insist on alcohol, others - they make tea. Here you need to be careful..
Important! The saddest thing that happens in this case - the medicinal infusions give the result at the initial stage. And with complication, these methods do not work. Therefore, it is not worth much counting on them..
What if there is a strong dyspnea?
If a person does not have enough oxygen, and he feels a strong attack of dyspnea, it is advisable to quickly begin pre-hospital care.
If the event occurred in a confined space, then open the windows or doors, providing access to the room with fresh air. Unbutton the buttons of the collar, the cuffs on the neck or the belt of the blouse in the victim to remove the compression of the sternum. The patient should be completely calm, calm him, if worried, and give before the arrival of emergency care..
Important! The patient should be seated or half-seated, so that his legs are lowered..
Excellent, if there is an opportunity to provide the patient with an oxygen cushion. If you have a first aid kit at hand, put glycerin trinitrate under your tongue.
If during the attack of cardiac dyspnea there was not one nearby, you can help yourself on your own. Lightly press the finger into the jugular fossa. This is the location of the biologically active point. This procedure should be carried out within two to three minutes: press three seconds and rest as much... .