Signs, symptoms and therapy of tricuspid regurgitation
Tricuspid regurgitation is a failure of the tricuspid valve, due to which its insufficient closure occurs. As a result, the blood flows from the right ventricle back to the right atrium. In some cases (an abnormality of Ebstein), it is possible to detect such a violation even during the intrauterine development of the infant. What are the reasons for the formation of pathology, and how to deal with it?
- Factors of disease occurrence
- What worries patients?
- Stages of development of pathology
- Diagnosis and Disease
- How to deal with the pathology of the heart?
- Folk methods of treating the disease
- Prevention of disease
Factors of disease occurrence
One of the following factors can contribute to the development of the disease:
- complications of rheumatism and rheumatoid arthritis;
- trauma of the thoracic spine in children;
- infectious endocarditis, found in most cases of drug addicts who inject drugs;
- valve prolapse;
- Marfan's syndrome and the congenital pathology of connective tissue that arises;
- the Ebstein anomaly;
- prolonged use of medicines.
In addition to the above-mentioned causes of the development of the tricuspid valve (TK), there are also other provoking factors such as high pressure in LA, expansion or hypertrophy of the right ventricle, narrowing of the vessels of the mitral valve, congenital malformations heart. The same factors lead to the defeat of other valves, the appearance of mitral and pulmonary regurgitation.
What worries patients?
If a child or an adult has a first degree of tricuspid regurgitation, then the patient may not even know about its presence, because changes in the heart's work are insignificant. No symptomatology of the first degree is not characterized. Probably, the patient will notice in himself an intensified pulsation of veins in the cervical region.
When tricuspid regurgitation of 1 degree progresses to the second stage, the following signs begin to appear in the patient:
- Tremors and swelling of the jugular veins.
- Bluish shade of skin.
- Swelling of the lower extremities.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Splitting of heart sounds.
- Small heart murmurs.
- Shortness of breath and rapid fatigue.
- Soreness and a feeling of heaviness in the hypochondrium right.
- Increased liver size.
Many of these symptoms are similar to other diseases of the cardiovascular system, so the greatest attention should be paid to the jugular vein. If it swells and trembles, it is a sure sign of tricuspid regurgitation of the 2nd degree.
Stages of development of pathology
Regargitayiya is divided into four stages:
- The first. With her, the patient has a minimal return flow of blood from the ventricle to the atrium through the valves of the valve.
- The second. In this case, the length of the jet is 20 mm. This stage should be treated.
- The third. At this stage, the blood stream is already more than 2 cm.
- Fourth. This degree is characterized by the fact that the jet passes deep into the right atrium.
Separately, physiological regurgitation is distinguished. It has no effect on health and is often found out by accident. It is typical for lean high people.
Diagnosis and Disease
To make the correct diagnosis, the doctor prescribes a checkup. The stage of development of the pathology of the valve can be established by means of echocardiography. Another patient will need to undergo electrocardiography and a chest X-ray.
With the help of these methods, the doctor will determine the pathological changes in the heart cavities. For example, at the first stage of the disease, no disturbances are seen, and already from the 2nd degree there is an increase in the superior vena cava and right atrium. The cardiologist can prescribe dopplerometry, and in case of disputable situations - catheterization, but this is very rarely done.
How to deal with the pathology of the heart?
The initial stage of tricuspid valve regurgitation does not require treatment, its manifestations are moderate. She is well tolerated by the sick, without any effect on their health. The remaining stages of the disease already need therapy. First of all, the treatment is aimed at eliminating the factors that caused this ailment.
Be sure to conduct therapy for diseases that accompany tricuspid regurgitation or arise as a complication of this pathology. If drug therapy does not produce results, and the disease continues to progress, then the attending physician can insist on carrying out the operation..
Surgical care consists in the installation of prostheses, plastic tricuspid valve or annuloplasty. The last intervention is performed if the pathology is formed due to the widening of the valve ring. Prostheses are established in the development of heart failure, which is caused by Ebstein's anomaly or carcinoid syndrome..
For prosthetics use a pig valve. This helps to significantly reduce the risk of the formation of various complications in the future. The valve of this pet performs its functions well, which means that you can live with it for a long time, about 10 years. After this period, the patient is placed a new valve.
Folk methods of treating the disease
Many patients prefer to use folk remedies in the treatment of heart disease. Regurgitation of the tricuspid valve of the 1st degree is no exception. But one must always remember one condition: alternative medicine can be used only as an additional treatment, but can not replace the main one.
Among the folk recipes for heart valve disease, we can distinguish the following:
- Infusion of rosemary. You need to take 50 grams of dried leaves of the plant and fill with a liter of red wine. Then leave in a dark place to infuse for a month. Then you can take before eating two tablespoons a day.
- Decoction of herbs. To do this, you need to take a mixture of colors of thorn, heather and hawthorn. Put aside one tablespoon and pour it with a glass of boiled water. Then put in a water bath and boil for 15 minutes. After this, you need to strain the broth and eat it at least twice a day. This drink must be prepared every day to make it fresh.
- Take mint and brew it like regular tea, let it brew for one hour. Then take 3 times a day for half a glass.
There are still many folk remedies for heart valve failure. To select the most suitable for this pathology is best with the help of the attending physician. It is important to make sure that the patient does not have contraindications.
Prevention of disease
Better preventive measure in this case is the timely disposal of pathologies and factors that can cause the development of tricuspid valve regurgitation. It is important to lead a healthy and active lifestyle, to give up smoking, alcohol, and drugs..
It is also important to prevent the pathology of the valve and proper nutrition. It should exclude foods in which there is a lot of cholesterol. Patients who are at risk of developing this pathology, you need to visit the cardiologist more often and take a closer look at your health... ..