As evidenced by the drawing pains in the region of the heart, ways to eliminate unpleasant symptoms
Drawing pains in the region of the heart are far from always associated with pathologies that occur in the cardiovascular system of the patient. Very often the pain in the chest has a completely different cause: organ diseases respiratory system, disorders in the digestive tract or trauma, affecting the musculoskeletal apparatus. Therefore, in order to know exactly why the pain syndrome in the heart arises, the patient is recommended to undergo a thorough diagnosis.
- Causes that affect the occurrence of pains similar to the cardiac
- Symptoms of heart pain
- Nursing pains
- Stitching pains
- Pulling pains
Causes that affect the occurrence of pains similar to the cardiac
Drawing or aching pain in the sternum to the left does not always mean that the patient has a heartache, because near this body is a lot of others that can provoke unpleasant sensations:
- Stomach. Painful pulling syndrome may well provoke gastritis or ulcer.
- Pancreas. For this area are characterized by diseases such as pancreatitis and cancer (malignant tumor), capable of provoking pain in the left hypochondrium, similar to the cardiac.
- Spleen. Pain syndrome in this body can occur with his serious injuries, provoked by a severe stroke or a patient's fall.
- Lungs. Acute bronchitis can provoke pain, similar to cardiac. Less common are other diseases: fibrosis, pleurisy, embolism, pneumonia or acute edema.
- Spine. For the locomotor system is characterized by scoliosis and osteochondrosis. The pain syndrome that arises from these diseases is very similar to the pain in the heart.
- Nerves located on both sides of the chest. Often, the pulling or aching pain in the region of the heart becomes a consequence of nerve compression.
Important! All of the above causes of pain in the heart are not directly related to the body itself, and the sensations that have arisen in the stomach, pancreas, spleen or musculoskeletal apparatus, by nature is significantly different from the cardiac pain..
Symptoms of heart pain
Each pain syndrome has its own nature of the course and accompanying symptoms. True pain in the heart can be accompanied by such sensations:
- a feeling of interruptions and fading of the heart, sudden sharp and violent shocks;
- squeezing in the chest;
- feeling of lack of air, shortness of breath;
- a sense of fear and panic;
- cold sweat;
- blanching of the skin, cyanosis of the nasolabial triangle;
- swelling of veins on the neck.
Determine the causes of pain and its relationship to the heart can be, assessing the nature of the pain attack. Let's consider this issue in more detail.
If the patient has aching pain in the left side or exclusively in the heart, the reasons for this phenomenon can be as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Angina pectoris (with such a disease, pain syndrome can increase as a result of physical exertion).
- Mental disorder that occurs after previous stress or depression.
- Osteochondrosis (with the pain appears when inhaling or exhaling, and during the movement significantly increases).
- Gastric ulcer or gastritis (similar ailments occur when the sternum sings solely after ingestion).
Important! In some cases, aching pain indicates serious pathologies that can cause a patient to die. Therefore, if a person has aching sternum or a heart, then it is recommended that he immediately consult a doctor for thorough diagnosis..
In most cases, stabbing pain that affects the chest area is considered a very serious signal, indicating a cardiac pathology. The reasons for this are the following:
- Attack of myocardial infarction (this pathology is characterized by very severe pain, which often radiates to the neck, left arm or between the shoulder blades).
- Spasms of the coronary vessels (with the narrowing of the vessels, pain in the heart arises periodically, and as a rule, lasts a short time).
- Acute inflammatory process, taking place in the pericardium (with inflammation of the pericardium, the affected area hurts almost constantly, and during physical exertion, sensations are greatly enhanced).
- Thickening of the walls of the ventricles (this pathology is known as myocardial hypertrophy, and it is characterized by severe pain in the chest, associated with an increase in pressure in the blood vessels).
The painful syndrome of a piercing character in many cases testifies to the presence of a serious disease in the body. So, if the patient has a stabbing pain, then it is better not to hesitate to eliminate it. If there is severe pain that does not respond to painkillers or nitroglycerin, it is recommended to call an ambulance, describing the symptoms to the dispatcher.
Drawing pains in the heart is one of the most common symptoms, the causes of which occur, both cardiac and non-cardiac:
- Osteochondrosis (with a similar disease, the sternum and the heart region begin to ache as a result of the nerve root being squeezed between worn discs of the spine. With osteochondrosis, the pain syndrome can be significantly intensified during movement, and in a state of rest it is practically not manifested).
- Pathology of the digestive tract (often sternum hurts in the left part due to diseases occurring in the organs of the digestive tract: stomach, pancreas, esophagus, etc. With such abnormalities, the pain syndrome in the heart is constantly noted, and during and after meals can greatly increase).
- Heart pathologies (if the sternum and heart are constantly pulling, and with physical exertion the pain is markedly increased, it can be the first sign of myocardial ischemia, which developed as a result of atherosclerosis, a heart attack, inflammatory diseases heart).
- Vascular pathologies can also cause chest pain (thromboembolism, aneurysm, or aortic dissection). These conditions require immediate medical attention as they pose a threat to life.
- Vegetosovascular dystonia (this pathology is characterized by a number of additional symptoms: constant dizziness, bouts of nausea, fever and a feeling of chronic fatigue).
Here we have considered the main reasons why the tunic, pulls or aching sternum and heart. In most cases, the causes of such feelings are serious enough, which means that when they are first detected, the patient should immediately consult a doctor for help. Otherwise, ignoring long-lasting pain will lead to death... .