How does the heart ache? The symptomatology of heart pathologies that occurs in women
Pain in the chest is observed in both men and women. And they are not always associated with heart disease. In women, the breast can ache due to hormonal imbalances, digestive problems and many other health disorders. Therefore it is important to know the symptoms of heart disease, in time to seek help from a doctor.
- Causes of chest pain
- Why does the chest hurt in the middle?
- Heart Attack
- Angina pectoris
- Pulmonary embolism
- Aortic aneurysm
- Types of pain
- First aid
- Healing measures
- Folk remedies
Causes of chest pain
Not only heart abnormalities lead to pain in the chest. Many diseases in the female body can lead to unpleasant sensations.
- Neurosis. Because of the long emotional stress, domestic problems and fatigue in the woman's body, psychological disorders develop leading to neuroses.
- Vegetosovascular dystonia. There is pain in the chest, accompanied by sudden pressure surges, a strong palpitation.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In diseases of the stomach, pancreas, gall bladder, pain manifestations are similar to the symptoms of heart disease.
- Osteochondrosis. With this pathology, vertebrae and intervertebral disks are deformed, which leads to pinching of the nerves, which is reflected by pain in the middle of the chest.
- Deviations in the thyroid gland. Since the thyroid gland secretes hormones that affect the work of the heart, a change in their number or proportion leads to a pain syndrome in the heart.
- Cholelithiasis. There is pain in the right hypochondrium, under the right scapula, in the shoulder joint and heart area.
- Female hormones. Heart pain in a young woman can occur with premenstrual syndrome or pregnancy. In older women, they increase during the menopause. In either of these cases, the hormonal background is restructured, which leads to painful sensations.
Since pain sensations appear not only because of heart problems, it is important to know how the heart itself hurts, and the symptoms that arise in women:
- Painful sensations appear most often at night, in a state of rest and rest.
- Attacks of pain do not exceed half an hour.
- Soreness disappears after taking nitroglycerin.
- Unpleasant feelings appear due to physical or psycho-emotional stress.
- The head turns, breathing is difficult, weakness.
- Excessive sweating.
- The skin becomes bluish or pale.
- There is nausea, tenderness in the abdomen, urges to vomit.
- Frequent urge to go to the toilet.
- The lower extremities flow.
- Problems with breathing.
Why does the chest hurt in the middle?
Depending on the specific disease, pain can be different in intensity and severity. You should know the manifestations of different pathologies and the causes of pain in the heart.
Attack of a heart attack is accompanied by a strong and sharp pain of burning and pressing character. The pain can give in the back, the person starts to panic and can not be in a prone position. There is a feeling, as if something excessively heavy lies on the chest, it is difficult to breathe..
A distinctive characteristic of the pathology is that the pain in the heart is amplified under any physical exertion,even with the torso tilted..
With angina, pain is characterized as cutting and pressing. Gives in both sides of the chest, between the shoulder blades, the neck and the left arm. The intensity of unpleasant sensations does not depend on the change in body position and physical activity. Pain occurs in the heart and is accompanied by panic, lack of air and shortness of breath. Usually the attack does not last longer than 20 minutes. Taking medication (nitroglycerin) removes symptoms.
Pain in left side of chest, giving to neck and forearm. It is aching and stitching, continuous and intensified after physical activity. Other symptoms of myocarditis are suffocation, joint pain and swelling. Seizures usually begin at night, taking medication does not help.
It hurts in the chest on the left slightly above the heart. Usually the patient is hurt when walking and breathing. Therefore, it is necessary to take not always a convenient position to reduce the dull pain in the chest area.
The pain has a pressing character and is strengthened by inhalation. Dyspnoea and frequent palpitations are observed. The skin acquires a bluish tint, medicines do not help, the pressure drops sharply. Urgent need of hospitalization.
Unpleasant sensations appear at the top of the chest and may not abate for several days. Anesthetics do not eliminate symptoms. Urgent need of hospitalization.
Pain sensations are not strong, arise in different areas of the chest - right or left. Disappear if you take an anesthetic.
Types of pain
Since the causes of pain in the heart of women are varied, then the sensations are different. Doctors distinguish several types of pain syndromes:
- Stitching in the heart. Appears in heart attacks and heart attacks. Can give in the back, neck or left arm. It manifests itself in neurosis of the heart, cardiomyopathy, coronary spasm and pericarditis.
- Aching in the chest. Occurs in the middle, behind the breastbone, but not clearly expressed. Exacerbated by experiences or physical exertion. Is manifested in angina pectoris.
- Pressing pain in the area of the heart muscle. It appears unevenly, it can appear above the left breast, in the left arm, in the region of the jaw and chin. Cardialgia often occurs at night after increased daily physical activity. It is observed with angina and myocarditis.
- Blunt pain. It is localized in the middle of the chest after hypothermia, suffered stress or excessive physical activity. It is observed in myocarditis, mitral valve defect and neurocirculatory dystonia.
- Sharp pain. Appears suddenly and is accompanied by painful sensations in the upper abdomen and nausea. It manifests itself in case of an infarction, angina and pericarditis.
- Pain when breathing. Sensations occur during inspiration. Even young people are prone to attacks. Patients experience fear that in the thoracic region something can break. This symptom should not be taken for respiratory system diseases, as it indicates the pathology of the heart. Almost always an additional manifestation is the inability to breathe deeply and shortness of breath.
It is worth noting that the pain in the right and left breast of a woman can be associated with a poorly matched bra. Therefore, special attention should be paid to underwear. It should be of good quality and of suitable size..
First aid requires the following activities:
- Unbutton the clothes and loosen the strap.
- Open a window or door so that oxygen can enter the room.
- Ask the patient to sit or lie down and try to calm him down.
- Give a tablet of nitroglycerin.
- If after 5-10 minutes the pain does not stop, call an ambulance.
- If you have pain for the first time, you do not need to treat them yourself.
The origin of pain and its causes in women are diverse, and only an expert can diagnose and prescribe treatment..
To establish the reason why a woman has a heartache, only a doctor can. Therefore, when the first symptoms need to contact the nearest medical institution. Diagnosis includes a set of measures.
- Reception at the cardiologist during which the doctor will ask, where the heart hurts, as it hurts, and often there are sensations. Listens to the work of the heart and its rhythm, trying to recognize the noises in the organ. Sometimes percussion is used (tapping the heart).
- Electrocardiogram. It is carried out to measure the electrical activity of the heart at rest. The procedure does not take more than 20 minutes and allows you to set the heart rate, the regularity of the rhythm, the presence of ischemia.
- Holter monitoring is that a special apparatus is attached to the chest, which monitors the work of the heart. Diagnosis lasts for 3 days, but it is not necessary to be in a medical facility. On the contrary, if we lead the usual rhythm of life, doctors will be able to establish irregularities in the work of the heart in different conditions.
- Ultrasound. With the help of ultrasound, the doctor determines the thickness of the walls of the heart, the condition and size of the chambers, valves and large vessels, the peculiarities of the blood flow in the heart.
- Test tredmil. Carried out in the same way as the ECG, only the patient runs through the treadmill during the diagnosis. This method allows to reveal changes in the work of the heart during physical activity.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
- If a woman complains of burning pain in the heart, which is given to her left hand, she urgently needs to be hospitalized. Most often, surgical intervention is necessary.
- If the pressing pain lasts longer than 5 minutes, then the affected angina, and it is better to see a doctor.
- If the attack lasts more than half an hour, this indicates a heart attack, you need to call an ambulance immediately.
- If the pain is not pronounced, then the course prescribed by the doctor of medicines can rid forever of unpleasant sensations and symptoms. The main thing is to follow the recommendations.
Non-traditional medicine will strengthen the heart muscle and relieve pain. However, one can not rely solely on the help of broths, since it is necessary to treat the cause of the disease. Folk recipes can be used as an additional therapy of the disease.
- Infusion of lemon balm. 24 grams of dry crushed lemon balm leaves pour 600 ml of hot water. Cool in a sealed container. Drink three times a day for 120 ml. Melissa has the effect of soothing and relaxing, prevents shortness of breath.
- Broth from a dogrose. 18 g of ground hips, pour 660 ml of hot water and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Decoction drink for two weeks to 600 ml per day. Rosehip relieves swelling and removes excess water from the body.
Treatment with folk methods will yield results if it is carried out for a long time, combining it with proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle..
If a woman has a noisy front in the middle of the chest, and this feeling is accompanied by a pronounced pain syndrome, especially at night, then she urgently needs the help of a specialist. The female organism is complicated, and such symptoms can characterize not only the pathologies of the heart, but also the diseases of the nerves, muscles, aorta, and lungs. Therefore, a visit to the doctor is inevitable.
How to determine the heart pain, to distinguish it from the syndromes caused by other pathologies, what you need to know about the heart, an experienced doctor in the video will tell:.. .