What folk remedies for cholesterol can I use?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance that the human body needs very much. After all, this is an obligatory component of all cell membranes, nerve fibers and hormones. Most of the cholesterol is produced by the body, while only a quarter comes with food.
Lower cholesterol can be folk remedies and by reducing the diet of certain foods:
- homemade fatty cheese and milk;
- egg yolk;
- smoked products;
- canned food;
- sugar and bakery products in the form of cakes, pies, rolls and other;
- vinegar and soda;
From these products it is necessary to get rid completely or to limit their use to a minimum. Otherwise, cholesterol will be above the norm, and you will constantly have to wonder which folk methods and medications will help lower cholesterol.
Medical research has shown that certain herbs and plants contain substances that contribute to the normalization of the metabolism of fats. A bright example is tartronic acid. It can be found in apples, cabbage, pears, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, currants, cherries, cherries and even cucumbers.
But the body also tries to put itself in order. He removes excess cholesterol with bile, which is produced in the liver, so the cholesterol reduction by domestic methods can be supplemented with drugs and products of choleretic nature. Stimulation of this process will ensure the use of beet and radish juice, any products that contain fiber.
- High cholesterol: the reasons for how to reduce folk remedies
- How to reduce cholesterol based on lemon?
- How to reduce cholesterol folk remedies with herbs
- Recipe for fighting high cholesterol based on oats
- Lipa - the ability to lower cholesterol
- Products with high cholesterol
- How to lower cholesterol with juice
- Dietary food for lowering cholesterol
- How to cleanse the body of excess cholesterol with statins
High cholesterol: the reasons for how to reduce folk remedies
The main causes of increased cholesterol are:
- hereditary predisposition to elevated cholesterol in the blood;
- pathological abnormalities in liver function;
- acute and chronic hepatitis;
- pathology of the pancreas (malignant tumors and pancreatitis);
- pregnancy (in women, metabolism changes in the situation);
- alcohol abuse;
- wrong way of life, smoking, including passive;
- obesity and disruption of normal metabolism;
- the use of certain medications (oral contraceptives, diuretics in tablets and other drugs);
- acquired in the course of life pathology (most often this factor is valid after fifty years).
Studies have shown that for men, folk remedies for high cholesterol in the blood may be needed as early as forty years. Women with this issue is all right, of course, if there is no pathology in the work of the gastrointestinal tract. But with the onset of menopause, the indicators are compared.
Most scientists agree that the wrong way of life, inadequate office work, absence of moderate physical exertion and walking in the open air, can also serve as prerequisites atherosclerosis. It is impossible not to mention the abuse of alcohol and tobacco. These habits can be costly, because they lead to increased cholesterol, myocardial infarction, oncology, stroke and other serious illnesses, which can result in death.
How to reduce cholesterol based on lemon?
Reducing cholesterol folk remedies, and very quickly, can provide a normal lemon. This citrus clears the vessels of fatty plaques and prevents the appearance of atherosclerosis.
The culinary instruction for the treatment of atherosclerosis suggests the following: you need to prepare a normal lemon drink. To do this, you need to dilute lemon juice with boiled water in a ratio of one to two. Take this medication is recommended for half an hour before meals.
Some healers advise on an empty stomach to drink one glass of water with two teaspoons of natural lemon juice. But this is provided that you do not suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. If you do not want to fool your head with making juice and so on, you can just throw a slice of fresh lemon into a glass of water. The result will be the same.
Traditional medicine offers another recipe with lemon:
- Mix the pulp of the lemon, garlic and horseradish (the last ones are finely chopped or grated) in the ratio 1. Pour all the same amount of water and leave to infuse in the refrigerator for a day. This effective drug should be used for half an hour before meals for one tablespoon. As the composition is sour and unpleasant to the taste, it can be seized with honey. This tool will help lower the cholesterol level to the desired level. The procedure is recommended to repeat the week, and then take a break for the same period.
If you eat properly and follow the recommendations of doctors, with the help of traditional medicine, you can forget about the problems with the vessels.
How to reduce cholesterol folk remedies with herbs
Treatment with herbs gives a good result, because many plants: the root of ginger, nettle, dandelion and milk thistle has the miracle abilities to lower cholesterol to a normal level. And the effectiveness of such treatment is confirmed even by medical workers.
Reducing cholesterol in the blood quickly and effectively provide such recipes:
- The root of licorice chop and pour boiling water. Let it brew and take a tablespoon every day before eating.
- Reducing cholesterol in blood plasma will help ginger. It is better to add it to tea. So it will be delicious, very useful and fragrant. Drinking such a drink is better chilled throughout the day. The root can be taken by anyone, but if it is green, the effectiveness of the remedy will increase.
- Excellent showed himself and rhubarb in the fight against excess fat and the splitting of fatty plaques (cholesterol). Here you need a multivarker, and if it is not, just boil the rhubarb in a saucepan. In any case, the result will be good.
- Artichoke leaves will also help fight atherosclerosis and high cholesterol in the blood. Such a folk remedy will increase the production of bile and remove excess cholesterol from the body.
Recipe for fighting high cholesterol based on oats
Lowering cholesterol can and means based on oats. Everyone knows that oatmeal is one of the most useful cereals. It will help in the matter of excessive amounts of cholesterol, splitting and removing fats. But there is a small nuance: it is recommended to cook porridge exclusively on low-fat milk or on water. Broth in this case is not suitable.
Lipa - the ability to lower cholesterol
Lime flowers will help prevent the appearance and further development of atherosclerosis. To do this, you need to grind the dried flowers of lime to the powder in a blender. It is recommended to take such a folk remedy half an hour before meals three times a day for 10 g. Completely the course of treatment of this means of traditional medicine is a month. Then it is recommended to do the same on the duration of the break and again to repeat the reception of the linden flowers.
Some features of this method of treatment are highlighted. In this case, the diet is specified. It is recommended to use fresh fennel daily, it is rich in vitamin C and beneficial microelements. Necessarily, there are apples that are the source of pectin. This will help strengthen the walls of blood vessels, especially the arteries, normalize the performance of the liver, gall bladder, thereby reducing cholesterol in the blood.
For a fortnight before taking powder from the linden it is recommended to use cholagogue decoctions from corn hair, immortelle, milk thistle and tansy. Each plant must be brewed for one week, after a short break, and then drink another broth. It all depends on your responsible attitude to your health.
Products with high cholesterol
What foods are recommended for high cholesterol use:
- linseed oil or flax in seeds;
- apple and beet juice;
- almond (almonds);
- parsley and celery;
- sunflower seeds;
- cinnamon and bay leaf;
- propolis on per alcohol;
- cranberry and its juice;
- sea fish;
- olive oil;
- beans, barley and bananas - a storehouse of plant fibers;
- lipoic acid, foods and dishes that contain it (spinach, rice and cabbage).
How to lower cholesterol with juice
Vegetable and fruit juices are one of the most effective methods of preventing atherosclerosis and lowering cholesterol in the blood. They can be made from pineapples, apples, oranges, lemons, carrots and beets. It is recommended that you start taking the juice in the amount of one teaspoon, because these concentrated compounds can cause dizziness and discomfort in the abdominal region.
Particularly effective for lowering cholesterol in the blood are mixtures of juices:
- from horseradish with the addition of honey for taste.
Then these juices are mixed, the medicine is taken one tablespoon before eating.
Dietary food for lowering cholesterol
Diet is the most simple and reliable method of lowering cholesterol in the blood. But in this case it is worth to divide this substance into "bad" and "good". Eliminate from the diet you need only that cholesterol, which is considered "bad." It is he that settles on the walls of the vessels, especially in the arteries, blocking normal blood flow and leading to the risk of developing myocardial infarction.
For the best result it is important to make a diet menu with your doctor. Only he can correctly coordinate the patient to remove only "bad" cholesterol, and not the one that benefits. And children in this case is no exception. If it turns out that the child has elevated cholesterol, he immediately recommends a special diet. The use of medicines is allowed only in neglected cases.
To prevent the appearance of atherosclerosis caused by high cholesterol in the blood, or to cure the disease, you need to adjust the dietary food for your needs and delivered diagnosis. First of all, note that it is recommended to eat less red meat - it contains a lot of saturated fat.
Nobody says that meat should be completely excluded from the diet. No! It can be replaced with turkey, chicken or fish, especially marine. An excellent breakfast will be oatmeal with the addition of sour grapes and spoons of honey.
The most useful, and in this case, acceptable cooking methods are baking, steaming or grilling.
How to cleanse the body of excess cholesterol with statins
Statins are medicines that reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the blood plasma. These drugs block the work of the enzyme in the liver, where the production of cholesterol. Although it is necessary for the normal functioning of cells and all organs, but exceeding the permissible concentration leads to atherosclerosis, including the formation of cholesterol plaques in the arteries. The latter are able to block the vessel and lead to a malfunction of normal blood flow. The use of statins reduces the risk of angina, myocardial infarction and cerebral stroke.
The most common statins are atorvastatin, rosuvastatin, fluvastatin, cerivastatin, lovastatin, mevastatin, pituivatin, pravastatin and simvastatin. And the first two drugs - the most effective, and the third - the most mild in action. But these medicines are produced in pharmacy and under other names, for example, atorvastatin is a lipitor, pravastatin is pravochol, and so on.
And finally I would like to say that proper nutrition, periodic medical examination and an active lifestyle is an effective prevention of any diseases and pathological processes. It is better to prevent in time than to treat the disease after a long time. And increased cholesterol confirm this. After all, it can lead to myocardial infarction and stroke of the brain, and hence, to a lethal outcome. Jokes with atherosclerosis are bad!.. .