How the fungus looks on the heels and what to treat
Fungal infection can affect any part of the human body. Most often suffer from foot disease - smooth skin, nails, interdigital spaces and heels.
The activity of the fungus on the heels causes an unpleasant odor of the feet and cracking of the skin. The products of vital activity of pathogenic agents penetrate into the blood and poison internal organs.
In addition, mycosis is quickly transmitted to healthy people. Protect others from possible infection, and your body from new problems will help timely treatment to a dermatologist.
Why does the fungus develop on the heels?
With fairly strong immunity, opportunistic microorganisms live in normal amounts on the skin. A favorable environment for them helps to expand the number of colonies. The weakened immunity and prolonged stay of the lower limbs in warm, moist conditions are the main reasons why a fungus appears on the heels of people.
The risk of infection exists when a person tries on someone else's shoes, puts on socks sick mycosis members family, slaps barefoot on the floor in the pool, bath or sauna, uses a towel or washcloth that lent comrade. Very often heels crack in athletes, workers in hot shops and workers in wet rooms.
The risk of getting an infection is also susceptible to people who, due to the characteristics of the profession, spend a lot of time on their feet. They are sellers, doctors, teachers. Women who walk on high heels or in tight shoes are also prone to the disease.
In children, fungus on the heels occurs rarely, because the sweat of the child's body has an acidic environment. This condition is unacceptable for the growth of the mycelium. In addition, the skin of babies quickly heals after damage, and the harmful strains simply do not have time to penetrate the epidermis.
Other causes of mycosis:
- Injury of the foot.
- Presence of cracks on the heels.
- Insufficient care for your feet.
- Disturbed blood circulation.
- Endocrine pathologies in the anamnesis.
- Under-cooling of the body with the wetting of feet in wet weather.
- Operative intervention in the leg area, which undermined local immunity.
- Stay in places with high humidity without protective footwear.
Wearing substandard footwear from substitutes for natural materials creates the prerequisites for the development of the fungus due to the warm moist environment, which is formed due to poor air access to the feet. Heat and moisture are ideal conditions for mycotic infection..
Symptoms of fungal infection on the heels
What symptoms will manifest fungus heels, depends on the form of the disease.
For example, with dishydrotic mycosis, the first signs are the unpleasant odor of the feet, severe redness and blistering of the skin. The heels are peeling so that the skin comes off the plates. Strong itching, swelling of the foot and increased body temperature complete the clinical picture.
Intertriginous form of mycosis is characterized by constant itching and intense dermal scaling, reddening of the foot and burning in the interdigital folds. Squamose fungus - the easiest of all, manifests itself only by the peeling of tissues.
Hyperkeratotic type inherent in the enhancement of the skin pattern, thickening of the skin of the heels, dryness and tightness of the epidermis, flour-like peeling. In what form does mycosis occur, the doctor determines by the results of a laboratory study.
How does the fungus look on the heel, we suggest to look at the photo, but what to treat different forms of the disease, we will tell further.
Developing for years mycosis takes a neglected form and is difficult to eliminate. Do not delay the visit to the dermatologist!
How to get rid of the disease
Drug therapy is most effective when the patient comes to the doctor with the first symptoms of mycosis.
For the treatment of fungus heels specialist appoints ointments, before applying which is recommended to take foot baths. Hot soap-soda solution softens rough skin and facilitates its scraping. Some spores of mycelium will be eliminated along with keratinized tissues, the remaining strains will die under the influence of medicinal products.
Quickly withdraw mycosis by topical preparations:
- Tinedol - based on herbal ingredients, the drug moisturizes the skin and strengthens its structure. Ointment smells good. It does not irritate the sense of smell and quickly brings the body in order. There are no side effects, no contraindications.
- Stop-Active - oil is used for 30 days. It quickly penetrates into the skin, does not spoil clothes and shoes, it qualitatively treats the infection.
- Salicylic ointment is the cheapest treatment option. Her heels are lubricated 2 times a day with a cotton swab. With ointment, you can do compresses at night, and in the morning wash your feet with a warm soap-soda solution.
- Terbinafine is an analog of Lamizil, which is sold at a lower price, but does not lose in quality. For 2 - 4 weeks, terbinafine completely removes the disease from the affected area of the body. Apply the agent on the heel with a thin layer and wait for absorption.
- Lotseril - inhibits the function of active fungi and causes the death of microbes.
- Econazole - a broad-spectrum agent suppresses the process of multiplication of mycelium and disinfects the skin and nails.
The faster the fungus can be removed from the heels with a hardware pedicure. In the course of the procedure, the epithelium struck by the mycelium is completely removed. Remains only the updated healthy skin..
The triggered mycosis is treated with systemic drugs, the components of which spread throughout the body and destroy the pathogenic flora from the inside. Antifungal agents for systemic therapy of mycoses dermatologists are prescribed in the form of tablets and capsules. This is Itraconazole, Griseofulvin, Fluconazole, Ketoconazole, Terbinafine, etc.
Folk remedies rush to the rescue
If a fungus develops on the heels of a question, how to treat him is interested in any person. In addition to medicines, folk remedies with fungicidal and fungistatic effects are used in the treatment of mycosis.
1. Baking soda is considered to be the best and simplest among them. It is dissolved in glycerin, ammonia, vinegar and other caustic substances that destroy spores and the body of the mycelium.
2. In the absence of allergies to honey, it is mixed with sea salt. The mixture is distributed in damaged areas, bags and socks are put on their feet. Honey softens the skin, sea salt kills the fungus.
3. To the affected footsteps, it is possible to apply onion gruel.
Get it by scrolling a large bulb through a meat grinder. The treated limbs are wrapped in polyethylene and put on socks. Wash your feet in the morning.
4. Baths for the treatment of heels make from 4 tbsp. l. sea salt and 2 liters of hot water. The stripped skin is further treated with hydrogen peroxide and iodine. The feet must be dry when applying chemical liquids.
5. For compresses in mycosis use a mixture of juice of garlic, alcohol and water (1: 1: 10). The unit of measurement of the components is a drop. The solution is impregnated with a gauze dressing and fixed on the foot.
P.S. The best effect is always provided by complex therapy. Combining traditional and traditional medicine, you can quickly defeat the fungus. But you can buy pharmacies only on the advice of a dermatologist.