How to recognize the fungus in the ear of a person. Than to treat
Many people have encountered a fungus of nails and skin on the hands, feet and smooth surface of the body. Fungal infection is a common problem, and in some cases, traces of it are found in the organs of hearing.
- The causes of otomycosis
- How to recognize the fungus in the ear
- Treatment of ear fungus with medicines
- Folk remedies for fungus in the ears
Ear, the otomycosis with the same frequency affects men and women. At risk of getting this unpleasant disease are those people who use the hearing aid or they have treated the ear by surgical intervention.
The causes of otomycosis
The main cause of otomycosis is the saprophytic flora, which lives on the skin of a person and does not cause him anxiety before the coming into force of predisposing factors. Doctors know several reasons why the fungus can become active in the ear:
- The narrowness of the ear canal.
- Insufficient hygiene. A contaminated shell or alkalization of the external auditory canal worsens hearing and contributes to the activation of pathogens.
- Injuries. Cleaning the ear canal with a match or a cotton swab may injure the middle, inner or outer ear. The injured area becomes the gate through which the infection penetrates. This also applies to carding the ear, itching with dermatitis or eczema.
- Foreign body. Any alien object found in the auricle, as well as water, contributes to the development of mycotic otitis. Children can shove in the ears of small items of toys, cotton wool, pieces of paper, pebbles, plasticine. In adults, hearing aid or batteries may become stuck in the ear.
- Hyperhidrosis. The intensive work of sweat glands maintains high humidity in the auricles, and moisture is a habitual habitat for fungal flora.
- Antibiotic therapy. Oral administration of antibacterial drugs and ear washing with otitis media antibiotic disrupts the microflora of the shell and provokes local dysbiosis.
Decreased general immunity, a tendency to allergies and metabolic disorders always serve as preconditions for the development of pathogenic infections in the body and fungus in the ear in particular..
How to recognize the fungus in the ear
The fungus in the ears is easily recognized by its symptoms, which are quite pronounced and cause the patient anxiety:
- Itching inside the shell.
- Hearing loss.
- Abundance of sulfur and cork.
- Zalozhennost and noise inside the ear.
- Pain from the side of the affected ear that pops into the head.
- Discharges - the secret of white, green, black or yellow is abundant from the shell.
Symptoms of otomycosis depend on the type of fungus that is wound in the ear. The yeast fungus of the Candida family provokes candidiasis. It affects the middle ear, the surface of the external auditory canal, the skin behind the ears. Externally, candidiasis otomycosis resembles eczema.
Moldy fungus, which in appearance resembles plaque, is formed on the auricle and behind it, as well as in the area of the auditory canal. Pathogenic flora is the causative agent of cystic fibrosis and aspergillosis.
Other pathogenic microorganisms affect the dermal tissue of the auditory canal and cause blastomycosis and coccidioidosis. Symptoms of these ENT diseases are pronounced..
Mycotic inflammation after surgery in the ear is accompanied by pains in the behind-the-ear zone and inside the shell, and the amount of secretions increases significantly. Many patients consider such pains the norm for the postoperative period and do not rush to go to the doctor, which makes the problem worse..
How does the fungus look in the ear, shown in the photo.
The danger of otomycosis is that if the integrity of the skin inside the shell is disturbed, the pathogen can penetrate deeper and cause purulent processes in the ear structure that produce complications on the ear.
Treatment of ear fungus with medicines
To treat fungus in the ears of a person gave positive results, it is necessary to establish the root cause of the disease.
For example, if otomycosis is provoked by antibiotics or hormonal substances, first stop using them and then conduct antimycotic therapy. If the activity of the fungus is associated with weakening of immunity, it should be restored in order to avoid relapses of the disease.
To prevent the possible development of allergies, patients can be recommended vitamin complexes and antihistamines.
Let's consider, than it is possible to treat a fungus in an ear of the person:
- Drops - Candybiotic relieves pain and inflammation in the ear and kills the fungal flora. Resorcinol shows antiseptic properties, which is important in the fight against mycosis. Antibiotic ShSD Cefazolin stops inflammation and helps to remove the fungus. Washing of the ear is done with a 3% solution of boric acid, followed by infusion of a liquid form of salicylic acid.
- Ointment from the fungus in the ears - Pimafucin, Exoderyl, Amphotericinum, Lamisil, Nitrofungin, Fluconazole, Terbinafine, Travogen, dekaminovaya and chlorocetophosic ointments effectively eliminate yeast-like and moldy strains. Wadded flagellum soaked in medicine and inserted into the sink for 10 - 15 minutes. Frequency of procedures - 3 - 4 per day.
- Solutions against candida fungi - Sangavirin, Levorin, Hinozol, Kanesten, Multifungin, liquid Castellani. If the tympanic membrane is not affected by the fungus, the solutions are injected directly into the sink. Also, the remedy can be applied to cotton wool and inserted into the ear canal. 10% solution of silver nitrate is used to lubricate the skin of the affected ear canal.
- Antifungal tablets. Oral preparations Diflucan, Fluconazole, Nizoral, Orungal, ketoconazole, Itraconazole doctors prescribe otomycosis in advanced cases, and if external therapy is weakly productive.
- Means for the intestines - Colibacterin, Hilak Forte, Acipol, Gastofarm, Narine, Lineks, Bifikol and others maintain the optimal balance of the intestinal microflora, which is disturbed by the intake of antibiotics and antimycotics. The duration of the use of these funds is 3 months.
In addition to antifungal agents, fungi in the ear use hydrogen peroxide. To relieve itching and cleaning, the auricle is washed with a chemical fluid, injecting it for 10 minutes in the amount of 3 to 5 drops. At the end of the procedure, the auditory canal is drained with a cotton-gauze swab and another medication is administered.
If it is necessary to improve the immune status during the treatment of the fungus of the ears in adults and children, doctors recommend taking interferon inducers according to the age-related dosage (Viferon and the like). To optimize energy metabolism, B group vitamins, Wobenzyme and Lipoevaya and Pantothenic acids will be useful..
Surgical treatment of otomycosis is performed if the disease gives complications in the form of mastoiditis or chronic cholesteatomic process accompanied by a secondary ear fungus. Also, the operation is done if it is not possible to remove the fungus from the ear postoperative cavity by conservative measures..
Folk remedies for fungus in the ears
To carry out treatment of a fungus in ears it is possible not only chemist's, but also folk remedies. But they need to be used in conjunction with medications and necessarily coordinate non-traditional methods of treatment with a doctor.
Here are some folk recipes that will help alleviate the condition when the ear is affected with a fungus:
- Celandine. From the grass, make infusion (1 tsp sushnyak x 1 cup boiling water), cool it to room temperature and drip the liquid into the diseased shell 4 r. per day.
- Vinegar and alcohol. Apple cider vinegar or alcohol is diluted with water (2: 1), dripping on a cotton pad and rubbing a painful place. Bury your ears with these substances can not.
- Onion and garlic. From the vegetable squeeze the juice and drip undiluted liquid into the ear for the night (no more than 5 drops). It is forbidden to abuse such treatment, since caustic juices can cause burning and irritation of the auditory organ. Juices can be used individually, but you can alternate and mix them.
- Soda. A handful of powder is poured over with water and stirred until a gruel is formed. Mass grease the problem area and wait for it to dry out. Another application of soda with ear fungus: dissolve 1 tsp. soda in a glass of water, soak a cotton swab solution and treat the ear.
- Oil of a walnut. In the sore ear, 1 drop of the drug is administered and the well-being is observed. Gradually increase the dose to 4 drops for 1 session. In order for the substance to have a temperature acceptable for the procedure, the bottle is preheated in the palms.
- Chamomile. Anti-inflammatory decoction is prepared in a water bath, placing in the enameled dishes several spoons of phytochemicals and filling it with water. The agent is kept for a couple of 20 to 30 minutes, cooled and filtered. With the prepared liquid, the ears are washed. The second recipe with chamomile for carrying out the same procedure suggests insisting a dry chamomile on boiled water in the proportion of 1 tbsp. x 200 ml.
- Honey and propolis in the form of tinctures. Beekeeping products for the treatment of fungus in the ear are used after washing the sick organ with hydrogen peroxide. One of them is lubricated with turunda and inserted into the ear canal. In patients with otomycosis, it can be read that treatment with honey and propolis is very effective. But if a person suffers from pollinosis and intolerance to beekeeping products, even local treatment can cause harm.
P.S. The prognosis of treatment of an ear fungus at a timely visit to the doctor is favorable.
For the prevention of secondary otomycosis, ENTs and dermatologists recommend regularly taking care of the hearing organs and, for the sake of supporting immunity, to eat rationally and lead a healthy lifestyle. When using devices such as headphones and earplugs, they must be wiped with antiseptics and not given to other people.