How to remove a fingernail with a fungus
Nail fungus is a serious problem. According to medical statistics, millions of people suffer from onychomycosis and do not realize that the pathogen harms the internal part of the body.
Patients who did not cure the fungus and brought the disease to a neglected state, there is nothing else left to do but remove the fingernail affected by the fungus. A small operation is performed in the clinic or at home using pharmacy drugs or folk remedies.
Why to resort to removal
Most often, mycotic infection affects the big toe. Here the nail plate is the largest, and the causative agent actively conducts parasitic activity in space. Frightened patients can independently fight with pathology, using different drugs from the fungus, but to treat the affected area in some cases becomes useless.
When removing the nail on the leg with a fungus becomes mandatory procedure:
- The causative agent hit 40% of the plate.
- Mycosis often recurs.
- The structure of the nail is destroyed, and the process causes pain when walking.
- The defective plate grows into the flesh.
- The aesthetic appearance of the foot is disturbed.
- Onychomycosis suffers from a pregnant woman, who is limited in the use of universal antifungal drugs.
- Infection of the whole nail bed or root part is observed.
In addition, to remove a sick nail is necessary for several reasons - for prevention spread of infection and bacterial complications, improve the absorption of drugs and reduce term of therapy..
The number of indications for the removal of the protective mucous membrane of the patient with a fungus includes an allergy to fungicidal drugs and contraindications to their use. On the removal of the plate must agree and those patients who have not received from the treatment of the results and mycosis continues to develop..
Depending on the mode of intervention, dermatologists, mycologists or surgeons are involved in the removal.
The procedure is performed in a dermatological office. The time takes 15 - 20 minutes.
What the doctor does:
- Removes the stratum corneum with an abrasive nail file, lifeless scales with a scalpel.
- Handles the nail and the surrounding skin with an antiseptic.
- He pastes the tissues adjacent to the plate with adhesive tape.
- Inflicts a pasty ointment on the affected area.
- On top of the sterile material and bandages the finger, and then fixes the dressing bandage.
Horny plate after the manipulation will peel off after 4 days. On day 5, the area is sanitized with an antiseptic and treated with antifungal ointment.
Water procedures after the initial treatment of the foot for 4 days are prohibited. Remove the bandage before the time without agreement with the doctor can not..
To learn how to remove a fingernail on a leg by a mechanical method and make an appointment for a medical procedure it is possible at the dermatologist or the mycologist. If there is one defective plate, it will take 20 - 30 minutes. If there are more patients, manipulation can take up to an hour and a half.
How is the removal of the affected tissue:
- The doctor disinfects the skin, nails and interdigital spaces with an antiseptic.
- Affected tissue plates are scraped off with an abrasive nozzle of a special device.
- The feet are repeatedly subjected to antiseptic treatment.
Removal of layers is carried out sequentially until the complete release of the subungual bed. Preliminary preparation of the operation does not require, however, disinfection of the treated nail with an antiseptic is recommended for the future. This will protect the fragile tissue from secondary infection..
The efficiency of fungus removal on plates when using laser equipment is equivalent to 97%. The procedure is very simple, painless and atraumatic. Suitable for the treatment of onychomycosis on toes and hands. The laser beam is aimed at the infected site.
- Treatment with an antiseptic spoiled by a fungus space.
- Laser exposure to the spot for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Frequency of sessions is from 3 to 7, with repetition in 1 - 2 weeks.
With laser removal of the nail a person feels a rush of blood and warmth. Mycosis subsequently does not relapse, because the pathogen is destroyed..
The old-fashioned version of removing nail-infected nails is a surgical one. In the direction of the mycologist or dermatologist, surgery is performed by the surgeon. To reduce morbidity, the patient is injected with lidocaine or Novocain, but even they do not save from slight discomfort when there is an open wound.
Stages of surgical removal:
- Anesthetic injection under a sore nail.
- Finger pinching with a tourniquet.
- Iodine sanation of the surrounding skin.
- Excision of the plate with a scalpel.
- Treatment of the wound with hydrogen peroxide and ointment with antiseptic and analgesic properties (Oflokain).
- Imposition of a sterile wipe and dressing with a bandage.
In the evening of the same day, the person should warm up the operated finger in water-salt solution (t boiled water - no more than 40 ° C). After the bath, the wound is again lubricated with antiseptic ointment and covered with a sterile bandage. To dress up a wound it is necessary in conditions of an out-patient department 1 - 4 times. For the first time - the day after the operation..
Open wound on the finger requires careful attention to the limb. Hand and dressings should be clean. The bandage can not be soaked..
Self-removal of damaged plates
To get rid of a defect at home, a remedy for removing the nail infected with a fungus is Nogtivit or Nogtimycin. Preparations are made of such components that soften the plate and facilitate its rapid removal. The therapeutic and keratolytic effect is provided by tea tree oil and stearic acid.
Instructions for correct removal:
- Disperse the limb in a soap-soda solution.
- Apply the purchased product in a dense layer only on a sick nail. On healthy tissues it should not spread, because it threatens to burn. The skin can be protected with plaster.
- Cover the treated area with a band-aid and leave the compress for 4 days. The plate must soften for 96 hours.
- Remove the patch for 5 days and evaluate the result. If the nail does not come off on its own, again hold the foot in a hot tub and tie the plate with a wooden stick for manicure.
Too tight a coating tool sometimes does not remove in 1 time. Then the procedure for removal is repeated with a two three- or four-fold application of the drug. One package for 3 - 4 manipulations is enough..
Consider what other means exist for removing nails that have been attacked with a fungus. Keratolytic varnishes for plate removal give a high effect in the treatment and prevention of mycosis. They are convenient to use, but are expensive - from 1500 rubles. As an example, we can mention Lotseril and Mikozan.
Keratolytic patches Ureaplast, Fungiplast and Onychoplast have the appearance of a specific dense mass, which must be applied to the plate for the purpose of softening. Pre-stop floating in a soap-soda solution. The treatment takes 1 - 2 days.
Preparations of Mycospores and Mycostop to remove nails infected with fungus are made of urea, antiseptics and stearic acid. The components work to soften the thickened nail plate.
Homemade ointment can be prepared from Metronidazole tablets. The medicine is put into powder and diluted with water until the formation of gruel. Before going to bed, the thicket is applied to the sore spot and covered with a bandage. Take off the compress in the morning..
Similarly, birch tar is used. The substance is applied to a plate and the finger is wrapped with a food film. As an option, you can simply soar a limb in a soda bath and cut the defective parts of the horny covering with a manicure scissors..
According to folk recipes, the ointment for removing the nail is made from eggs, vegetable oil and dimethyl phthalate. The mixture is applied to the problem site and covered with a food film. To quickly absorb the composition, you can put on a tight sock. Subsequently, the softened nail is gently removed.
P.S. Prevention of repeated infection with fungus for the patient will be attentive to the legs. Dry skin leads to skin cracking, which increases the risk of infection with the fungus. It is unacceptable to constantly wear too tight shoes and models on high heels and platforms. You can not measure a new or someone else's shoes without protective socks and use manicure accessories of girlfriends.