Breast Urea: Preparation for Research
Ultrasound examination of the mammary glands, what is this procedure, how often should it be taken, to whom, at what time and at what age? In recent years, the level of diseases of the mammary glands has increased tens of times. The reason for this untimely detection of diseases and late treatment, which in 80% of cases, leads to irreversible consequences.
Ultrasound examination of the breast is a breast examination, which allows to determine the disease at an early stage. For the timely detection of pathology it is shown:
- examination of the breast by a doctor-mammologist;
- X-ray mammography;
- ultrasound examination of mammary glands - ultrasound.
An annual preventive examination by a mammologist is mandatory. If necessary, the doctor prescribes an ultrasound or a mammogram.
Why you need an annual examination of ultrasound
The annual session of the ultrasound procedure will allow to reveal in due time:
- Fibro-cystic mastopathy;
- The presence of tumors and neoplasms in tissues;
- Detect small formations, which can not be determined by palpation.
Any changes in the mammary gland require immediate ultrasound. In individual cases, the ultrasound procedure can be done repeatedly, six months later, or three months later. Everything depends on the presence and development of a particular disease.
Why girls, girls and adolescents are desirable to conduct ultrasound, rather than radiography of mammary glands? The fact is that the mammary glands are composed of glandular tissue and from adipose tissue. At such a young age, glandular tissue predominates in the mammary gland, which is considered too dense for X-ray examination.
As for the diagnosis of ultrasound, for ultrasound diagnosis of the breast of patients at such a young age, glandular tissue is not a hindrance. For young girls, girls and adolescents, it is more effective to conduct the diagnosis by ultrasound.
Ultrasound is a safe and effective method for diagnosing breast diseases.
For young women, ultrasound diagnosis is considered the safest and informative method of research. The procedure itself is completely painless and accessible to every woman at any age, requiring no special preparation.
Modern ultrasound diagnostics allows to detect and identify various breast diseases at an early stage, to prevent serious breast diseases. In modern clinics for ultrasound, the latest generation of the latest generation equipment is used, which makes it possible to investigate the state of the breast by the state of the blood flow.
Why the doctor appoints ultrasound
The main indicators for the diagnosis of ultrasound:
- when a woman complains of the appearance of seals in the chest;
- when the redness of the skin of the breast is visible;
- when there is pain in the mammary gland;
- when it is necessary to undergo a prophylactic examination of the mammary gland with the purpose of timely revealing, a neoplasm or other pathologies;
- when the patient is on dispensary observation in other diseases.
Technique of execution
Preparation for ultrasound of the mammary glands is simple:
- Before the beginning of procedure of research of US the mammary gland is examined by the doctor.
- Having determined the site of the required study, the doctor is preparing to study it.
- The examined surface of the mammary gland is lubricated with a special gel and with the help of ultrasound, the doctor subsequently examines and studies the tissue structure of the organ being examined.
When research is conducted
On what day is ultrasound to get the most accurate results of the study? The most effective result of ultrasound can be obtained only if all the conditions are met:
- Ultrasound examination of the breast in women of reproductive age is carried out in the first phase of the menstrual cycle (5-7 days).
- For women with menopause, ultrasound is performed at any time.
Advantage of ultrasound
The ultrasound technique has its obvious advantages:
- Diagnosis of ultrasound is carried out mainly by modern apparatus with good framing image, which allows you to quickly and accurately determine the localization of the pathological process, the structure gland tissue.
- In special cases, a 3D ultrasound-ultrasound study is used to diagnose the organ under investigation in a three-dimensional image. 3D-ultrasound investigation method is often used to identify various pathologies of the fetus during pregnancy, rather than for examination of the mammary glands. But there are exceptions, and only with the help of 3D ultrasound it is possible to put the correct diagnosis.
- Ultrasound is performed only by highly qualified specialists of sound diagnostics.
- Ultrasound is a safe and painless procedure.
- Ultrasound does not require special preparation for examination.
- Diagnosis of ultrasound is carried out very quickly. To get a full picture of breast conditions, 10-15 minutes is enough and the same amount of time that a doctor can enter data into the research results form.
- After 20 minutes after the beginning of the procedure, the patient receives a protocol of ultrasound of the mammary glands for further treatment or additional diagnosis.
After receiving the results of ultrasound decoding which shows that a woman to avoid an error a second examination is required, the doctor prescribes an additional ultrasound after 3-6 months after the first inspection.
Unfortunately, ultrasound has flaws. The diagnosis depends on the experience and care of the doctor, whether he will notice pathology during the procedure. It is often recommended to undergo a second examination from another, more experienced and qualified doctor.
Ultrasound has no contraindications to the conduct, as it is considered a harmless invasive method for diagnosing breast diseases.