How to drink sage while planning pregnancy in women
A special place in the list of useful properties of sage is when planning pregnancy. The principle of the action of sage from infertility is based on stimulation of the production of the necessary amount of natural estrogens of the organism, allowing the ovum to undergo the process of ovulation.
Salvia is a herbaceous plant, less often half-shrub, its homeland is considered the southeast of Europe and Italy. Frequent use for medical purposes is due to the beneficial substances in its composition, such as folic acid, calcium, magnesium, essential oils, nicotinic acid, vitamin B and C.
Medical application of sage
Leaves of this herb have a general anti-inflammatory effect on the body as a whole, have antipyretic properties, widely They are used as an expectorant, due to the presence of tannins, they are well recommended as astringent means.
Medical properties allow you to suppress with it such diseases as gingivitis, periodontitis, diseases of the mucous throat, well established itself as a remedy for gastritis, intestinal diseases, colitis and ulcer of the stomach, inflammation of the gallstones the bubble.
Leaves and flowers are used as tinctures, added to tea, in addition to medicine, sage has found application even in cooking, as spices, and in cosmetology. Constant rinsing of the hair with such a decoction helps to get rid of dandruff, it gives hair fragrance and volume.
For a long time people have been convinced of the healing properties of this herb, mention of it comes from the ancient world, to her attributed the properties of prolongation of life, at different periods of history it was called "sacred grass" and "grass" immortality ".
Already in those distant times, people noticed the possibility of the influence of folk medicine on the human reproductive system. Particular attention should be paid to its effect on the female body.
Benefits for Women's Health
The content of phytohormones makes sage indispensable for women. Even in ancient Egypt and Rome, doctors knew about these healing properties. Phytohormones have a certain similarity with natural hormones - estrogens, which explains the use of sage in the planning of pregnancy.
Salvia helps greatly alleviate the symptoms in these conditions:
- Decreased libido. The use of this plant allows you to restore and enhance sexual desire by normalizing the hormonal background and stimulating the contractions of the walls of the uterus.
- Climax. This period is characterized by frequent changes of mood, nervousness. Many women note increased sweating, a feeling of hot flashes. When using additives with sage, there is a reduction in headaches, a decrease in anxiety and increased excitability. The constant use of medicinal herbs as tea and tinctures allows you to feel the rejuvenating effect.
- PMS. Spasms during the menstrual cycle, increased blood loss on this background. The use of decoctions allows you to ease the course of critical days, reduce pain and reduce excessive amounts of blood discharge.
- Hyperlactation. The ability to reduce the level of prolactin allows you to reduce the amount of milk produced by the mother with increased lactation in the first months after childbirth or when forced absences.
With the folding of breastfeeding herbal tea perfectly helps to prevent milk stagnation and eliminate pain in the chest. Sage is considered a good tool for the prevention of lactostasis and mastopathy.
Recipes of traditional medicine when planning conception
How to cook broths and tinctures in order to preserve the medicinal qualities of the plant as much as possible? How to drink sage with infertility?
In practice, the following recipes are used:
- A tablespoon of dry ground grass is poured with a liter of boiling water, then brought to a boil, the broth gradually cool.
Apply it three times a day for 100 ml for seven days. This treatment is suitable for men, because in 45 percent of cases of infertility the problem lies in the weak activity of spermatozoa.
- Both spouses are well suited to such a recipe: half a tablespoon of herbs are poured a glass of boiling water, as well as in the first case, the broth should be brought to a boil and cooled.
To consume during the day three times 50 ml each. It is important to calculate the method so as to exclude its use before bedtime.
- Fresh juice is also suitable for consumption, it is enough to drink half a teaspoon in the morning and at lunch.
- Tincture of seeds, in the proportion of one tablespoon per cup of boiling water is also well suited for the treatment of infertility in both men and women.
Before embarking on treatment in such ways a woman needs:
- undergo examination by a specialist;
- to pass analyzes on a level of hormones;
- pass the appropriate examination to determine the exact day of maturation of the egg (you can use the pharmacy tests for ovulation);
- tinctures, decoctions or juice must be taken on the 4th - 5th day of the cycle and drunk throughout the week.
The course of treatment depends on the individual duration of the menstrual cycle.
After presumed ovulation is prohibited the use of drugs based on sage, they provoke uterine contractions, which can interfere with the attachment of the fetal egg.
To avoid poor cleaning of the uterus due to the cessation of discharge, do not use this plant in the early days of menstruation.
When referring to the value of any medicine, one should not forget about possible complications and side effects in a number of cases, caused by contraindications:
- uterine myoma;
- polycystic ovary;
- individual intolerance to the plant;
- pregnancy, both in the early stages, and throughout the nine months;
- oncological diseases;
- use of synthetic hormonal drugs.
Possible side effects:
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- significant decrease in discharge at monthly intervals;
- violation of the cycle;
- nausea and vomiting;
The opinion of specialists regarding the treatment of infertility by sage is rather ambiguous, in such situations An integrated approach to the problem is required and often only the treatment with folk remedies does not provide the necessary effect.
Often, the causes of infertility can serious diseases, completely unrelated to the level of estrogen in a woman or sperm activity in men. Without consulting specialists in this field there is no sense in applying sage.
Choosing traditional medicine for help, one can not negligently treat the use of herbs as a treatment, underestimate their influence on the body and use them uncontrolled, despite the prohibitions of physicians. Any useful recipe can turn to harm, only the doctor should determine the individual dosage of broths or tinctures and tell in detail how to take them.
Self-treatment is often dangerous.