Among all the diseases of nails, many cases occur in onychoschisis. This special kind of dystrophic nail lesion is formed under the influence of various external and internal factors. One of them often becomes a fungus - a pathogenic agent that can destroy the keratin layer and lead to unpleasant aesthetic consequences.
- Common causes of the disease
- Infectious causes of the disease
- Clinical manifestations
- Diagnostic features
- Methods of treatment
- Folk recipes for treatment
- Prevention of disease
- Onihoshizis reviews
Common causes of the disease
Onychoschisis is a special transverse damage to the edge of the nail, which resembles a strong stratification. The plate is markedly thinner, brittle and fragile, as if it consists of the finest layers of keratin. The disease has many predisposing factors, among which dermatologists distinguish between infectious and non-infectious.
The first include all options for damage in the home:
- use of low-quality cosmetics for manicure, cheap gel-varnishes or creams;
- permanent work with chemicals and cleaning products without protective gloves;
- injury plate due to impact, pinch pin;
- lack of vitamins in the body;
- allergic complications, problems in the backgrounddermatitis, psoriasis or eczema.
In some cases, onychosis may be one of the visual symptoms of diabetes mellitus, endocrine or cardiovascular disorders. Disease often occurs as a complication of nervous breakdown in patients suffering from stress, depression. This may be a consequence of the harmful childish habit of gnawing the nails, which often remains in adulthood.
Infectious causes of the disease
Among other causes of onychosis, dermatologists distinguish fungal problems. The nail can be damaged not only by getting into its structure of the pathogen. Some species of fungi can cause inflammation in the bed, parallel to deforming the plate or inhibiting the supply of nutrients to it.
In the majority of diagnosed cases, such deformation of the edge of the nail plate can give several kinds of common fungi:
- trichophytons(Trichophyton interdigitale, Trichophyton rubrum);
- some epidermophytones (Epidermophyton floccosum);
- yeast pathogensCandida albicans.
In some cases, onishchisis may become a manifestation of rarer species of fungi such as Aspergillus or moldy subspecies. Sometimes the disease is a consequence of serious internal and external inflammation (candidiasis or trichophytosis on smooth skin, in inguinal folds or okolonogtevymi rollers).
Most of these fungi are often found and can be transmitted with personal belongings, hygiene products, clothing or bedding. Failure to follow simple hygiene rules within the family can lead to contamination of all other members. Often, theyhishizis is the initial form of many fungal diseases, which, with insufficient treatment, can lead to the destruction of the nail plate or its complete loss:
The manifestation of such a deformation may be followed by more profound changes, so when diagnosing a dermatologist necessarily conducts a study for the presence of pathogens of fungal diseases.
The main symptom of onychosis is the characteristic refraction and stratification of the nail across. Usually it appears on the free growing edge and does not affect the rest, which looks absolutely healthy and shiny. In neglected condition, the whole nail becomes brittle and can crumble when affected by mycosis. The detached part changes the shade to gray or yellowish.
In the case of a fungal lesion on the nails may be manifested and more serious signs:
- various spots of white color;
- grooves and grooves;
- detach all over the surface.
A distinctive symptom of onychosis is the fact that the damaged edge can be cut, but when it grows, it again begins to separate. This makes it possible to distinguish the disease from ordinary mechanical damage and chipping. If you ignore the problem over time, the nail is completely atrophied, and the skin will take its place.
Most patients turn to a specialist with the running state of their nails. Many take the foliation of the nails for the usual manifestation of improper care. The dermatologist starts the diagnosis of the disease with an anamnesis, which indicates:
- conditions of work of the patient or the possibility of contact with household chemicals;
- features of nutrition and diet, the presence of vitamins and minerals;
- the presence of chronic diseases or inflammations.
A visual inspection of the nails under a speciala Wood lamp: in the presence of fungal cells, it gives a characteristic greenish glow. It is possible to correctly determine the type of mycosis only when examining particles that are excreted from the damaged edge of the plate.
Methods of treatment
Therapy of onychosisis depends on the cause of the detachment and deformation on the nail. The most simple technique is used for mechanical damage or vitamin deficiency:
- the patient is recommended to take a strengthened course of vitamins, mineral complexes, drink more pure water;
- You can use a variety of trays and creams with a firming effect.
A more complex and systematic approach is necessary in identifying the fungus as a causative agent of the disease. Depending on the type identified, special ointments and creams may be used for topical treatment:
- Ketoconazole orClotrinazole;
Folk recipes for treatment
Effective in the treatment of onychosis can be various recipes based on herbs and oils:
- strengthening baths with sea salt,iodine, decoctionof calendula flowersor chamomile;
- rubbing in the nails of sea buckthorn oil,tea treeor wheat germ;
- light finger massage, which improves blood circulation and plate nutrition.
A pleasant and useful procedure with propolis can help to get rid of the problem faster. For her, small pieces of fresh bee product are warmed up in hands and fixed on the damaged nails. It is advisable to keep such "caps" for at least half an hour.
Prevention of disease
Onychoschisis often occurs when a combination of nail injuries and manifestations of fungus, so you need to protect your hands from the impact of aggressive detergents, paints, to carry out cosmetic procedures with caution. When a fungal disease occurs, family members should take precautions and use antifungal creams for prevention.
Doctors warn!Shocking statistic - it is established that more than 74% of skin infections - the risk of exposure to parasites (Acquida, Giardia, Toccapara). The cliches will bring about a celestial conflict of oponomism, and the first will affect our immune system, which will have to overcome the incidence of various diseases. The head of the Institute of Parasitology made a decision, as quickly as possible, to kill them and to clear out their skin, which proves to be ...Read more...
Ksyusha, 29 years old, Novotroitsk.
Faced such a problem several years ago. After visiting the pool, the nails on the hands began to actively peel off and exfoliate. I went to the dermatologist, he diagnosed the fungus onychysis on the nails. The doctor said that the causes of the appearance of the fungus can be several from mechanical injuries of nails to a lack of vitamins in the body. In the end, he advised me to drink vitamins, apply an antifungal lacquer and wait until new nails grow. But on one of the women's forums I found an interesting, and most importantly, effective advice how to get rid of the fungus on the nails.
1. Nails that are flaky or have already peeled off should be cut as much as possible "under the root" and processed with a nail file.
2. The dried skin is removed with special scissors and processed with salicylic alcohol. 3. After the nails dry on the nails affected by the fungus, apply a moistened cotton wool disc with fir oil, securely fix and leave for the night. With the right approach onyhishizis can be cured for 2-3 months (average speed of growth of nails). All health and good luck)).