Why nails are affected by psoriasis? Methods of treatment
Psoriasis of the nails is the defeat of the plates with scaly lichen. The disease does not belong to infectious pathologies, but it worsens the type of hands and feet and increases the risk of developing abnormalities in the activity of the heart, vessels and the endocrine system. Also, psoriasis affects the nervous system negatively.
Dissatisfied with his appearance the patient is experiencing, he develops complexes and stresses occur.In neglected cases, when it is not possible to get rid of the nail fever, the disease disfigures the nail plate and causes the person to avoid the society. On the background of pathology, there is a constant weakness and an increase in temperature.
Why nails are affected by psoriasis?
There is an opinion that nails are ill with psoriasis after long-term stress. In fact, emotional outbursts are not the main cause of nail psoriasis. Doctors view them as a provoking factor, which motivates pathology to transform from sluggish into acute.
The true causes of the nail problem are two:
- distortion of immune processes, on the correct course of which depends the formation of healthy cells and the full fermentation of substances. As a result of the disturbance, the underdeveloped particles of the epidermis separate from the general medium, multiply and expand, causing a thickening of the nail surfaces. The body reacts to atypical cells with inflammation.
- Hereditary predisposition is on the 2 nd place. The propensity to develop psoriasis in some people is laid down genetically, and the anomaly slumber for years before the impact on the body of certain factors.
In turn, exogenous and endogenous factors cause primary psoriasis and its relapses. The key ones are:
- hormonal imbalance;
- a metabolic disorder;
- reception of beta-blockers, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chloroquine, pharmacological products to reduce blood pressure;
- cold and dry weather, which, with weak immunity, causes psoriasis of the finger nails and deterioration of the skin surface of the hands;
- mechanical damage to the dermal cover;
- infectious foci, undermining the strength of the immune system;
- chronic fatigue and emotional shocks.
Psoriatic lesions of the nails are isolated and accompanying skin signs of the disease. In 50% of all reported cases, nail psoriasis is diagnosed along with the pathology of the dermis. Before devising a treatment course, the deviation should be differentiated from onychomycosis..
How does psoriasis develop on nails
The clinical course and symptoms of psoriasis of the nails are determined by the affected area - pathology affects the matrix or bed. Matrix is a rhizome and an important element of epithelial tissue, which is called the germ zone. It is located at the bottom of the plate under the roller. The bed is a connective tissue layer lying under the germ epidermis. The thickness of the plate depends on both parts of the nail apparatus.
In case of damage to the matrix, there are signs of psoriasis, such as:
- erythema, manifested by the accumulation of spots under the fingernails in the region of the visible part of the matrix and peri-endogenous ridges. Rounded small spots are distinguished by a yellowish and red tinge.
- Leukonichia, which is expressed by whitish spots or lines. Their formation is explained by the concentration of microscopic air bubbles among the layers of the plate. In case of a complete lesion, pathology is called "Terry nails."
- The phenomenon of the thimble. This sign of nail psoriasis has the form of point depressions lying in rows. When pressing into the center of the hearth, pain occurs.
- Coylonihia. Raised edges of the plate give it a concave shape resembling a spoon.
- Trachionichia. Rough dim plaques crack on the free edge, are covered with scales or pinholes.
- Onychodystrophy is manifested by brittleness and splitting of the nails with the formation of transverse furrows.
Look at the photo - nail psoriasis is shown in all its manifestations.
In case of defeat of the nail bed, subungual hyperkeratosis develops, in which the growth and hardening of the epithelium accumulated under the plate is observed. In some patients, the diagnosis of an oil-spot phenomenon facilitates the diagnosis of a yellowish-brown zone under the nail surface.
Rosso-like point hemorrhages also confirm the development of nail psoriasis. Split hemorrhages are characterized by the appearance on the nails of black or brown strips. The effect of stearin stain in lichenic lesions of nails is manifested when the plate is scraped or the surrounding skin. From the surface peel bright silvery scales, similar to particles of crushed stearin..
Onycholysis, or exfoliation of the nail happens in neglected form, when a person neglected treatment. The plate becomes faded and thin and is gradually torn off by the skin. The progressing course of a severe stage is fraught with a complete loss of the nail..
Psoriasis of nails: medicamentous therapy
Since nail psoriasis is a chronic pathology, its treatment can last for months. For convenience of carrying out of therapeutic measures, the patient is recommended to shorten the nails shortly and adhere to the rules that do not allow deterioration of their appearance.
- Work with any chemicals should be carried out in rubber gloves.
- Instead of the usual manicure, the nail care should be replaced with a protective transparent varnish coating the plates.
- Regular treatment of hands with a fat cream will prevent drying of the skin and cracking of the plates.
- Treatment of the peronegelic zone with retinol will nourish its internal part.
At the initial stage for the external treatment of psoriasis of the nails, the patient is prescribed Antralin, Calcipotriol, Tazaroten, Dayvonex, Betamethasone and any immunomodulator. Local therapy can be based on the use of steroids:
- Lorinden A;
- Celestoderm B;
- prednisolone ointment;
- triamcinolone ointment.
To stop the inflammatory process that affected the skin around the nails, treatment with salicylic ointment or sulfur-salicylic product with a one-percent concentration is recommended. In the external treatment of psoriasis of the nails on the legs and hands, solutions of immunosuppressants are sometimes used. Treatment of plates with 70% Cyclosporin is performed twice a day with a 3 to 4-month course..
For internal reception, complexes of minerals and vitamins with a predominance of substances A and D, oral preparations of Acitretin, Ciclosporin and Methotrexate are shown..
Non-traditional treatment of psoriasis nails
Patients whose nails suffer from psoriasis, it is useful to make baths with leaves of cocklebur. The plant gives antimicrobial, antipruritic and wound-healing effect.
Bath liquid is made from 4 tbsp. l. raw materials and 500 grams of water. The composition is boiled for a quarter of an hour on a low heat, cooled to an acceptable temperature and the hands or feet soar. The cocklebur can alternate with the flowers of the string and the seeds of the pearl-lobster.
During the treatment of psoriasis of nails at home it is important to cleanse the body. For this purpose in equal proportions collect the horsetail, cranberry leaf, calamus root, string, celandine, St. John's wort and elecampane. After thoroughly mixing the dry shredded phyto products from the collection, 1 large spoonful of raw material is taken and a glass of fresh water is poured over. The agent is insisted until completely cooled and take 2 p. a day after the meal.
Video:treatment of psoriasis folk remedies at home.
For lubrication of problem nails, a preparation is prepared from technical solidol, melted interior fat (10 parts each) and fatty baby cream (1 part). The mixed mass is applied to the plates overnight. Heal plates can be tinctured with a golden mustache. 50 vertebra plants pour half a liter of vodka and insist 30 days. Use a product for rubbing nails.