How to treat cracked heels?
Cracks on the heels worsen the quality of people's lives. They appear for various reasons. Among them may be the development of fungal infections, poor foot care, improper metabolism (diabetes mellitus or endocrine system diseases) and over-dried foot skin.
Many people do not know how to heal cracks on the heels, so they suffer pain and discomfort for a long time. Get rid of wounds will help pharmacies: creams, balms or folk remedies.
- What to do first
- Trays from the cracks
- Use of home ointments
- Application of compresses
- Pharmaceutical products
What to do first
When the first wounds occur, you should consult a doctor and find out the cause of the pathology. Then you can start treatment. If the wound is caused by internal diseases, it is necessary to cure the underlying disease or, with incurable diseases, normalize the condition (for example: in type 2 diabetes).
If the cause lies in external factors, then you need to choose a good anti-inflammatory cream or balm. An effective result is shown also by folk remedies from cracks on the heels.
But before applying any prescription or chemist's drug, you should check if there are allergic reactions to this remedy and make sure there are no contraindications.
Trays from the cracks
- Cure the deep cracks will help sea salt. Take a tablespoon of sodium chloride, dilute in a liter of warm water. Put the feet in the foot bath and hold them for fifteen to twenty minutes. The bath should be done several times a week, daily use of the procedure is not recommended.
- Broths of herbs help get rid of wounds in men and women. Take four tablespoons of dry herbs and pour two liters of boiling water. Insist for twenty minutes, then strain. The bath is taken for fifteen minutes, but make sure that the water temperature is warm, not hot. Healing properties are herb chamomile or sage. Calendula and St. John's wort also help.
- Take a large spoonful of starch, dilute the powder in a liter of warm water. For the smell, you can add a couple of droplets of anyessential oil. After several procedures, the wounds will be tightened.
Use of home ointments
When there are wounds, people are wondering how to heal cracks in the heels at home. The ointments help to cope with them. They can be made independently. They are easy to use and help to cope with the problem.
- Take glycerin and nine percent vinegar. Mix them in equal proportions, spread the heels. Leave for all night. Before going to bed, put on clean cotton socks.
- Mix one egg yolk, 10 grams of vinegar and 20 grams of sunflower oil. Put this remedy on your feet, leave it for the whole night.
- Herbalists well know how to get rid of cracks in the heels. They recommend ointment from propolis. Take two onions and fry them in sunflower oil. Strain through a sieve. Mix two hundred grams of the resulting oil with a hundred grams of wax and a piece of propolis. Cook over low heat until the wax melts.
The resulting ointment from wax should immediately be poured into a glass jar, it will harden after 20 - 30 minutes.
Application of compresses
First of all, prepare the heels to the procedure. They need to be washed in warm water, cleaned with pumice stone or a brush and dried. Then apply a compress, wrap the feet with plastic wrap or a bag, and put warm socks on top of them.
The most popular recipes used at home include the following:
- take one large root crop of raw potatoes. Rub it on a large grater, put on your feet. Hold two - two and a half hours;
- twist the leaves of aloe in the meat grinder, make a compress from the slurry and leave it overnight;
- Cook the oatmeal on ordinary water. Add a couple of spoons of linseed oil and mix thoroughly. Keep the compress for two hours. The result will be visible after three procedures;
- rub in the heels naturalhoney, and from above attach cabbage leaves. Fix the compress with bandages. It is done before bedtime, remove cabbage leaves in the morning, and wash the heels well.
After removing the compress, do not forget to rinse your feet, dry them and anoint with a nutritious cream.
In pharmacies are sold creams, ointments and balms, which help medically cure cracks on the soles of the feet and restore the skin. Before using the tools, consult a doctor and read the instructions.
- Radevit is a cream for feet from cracks on the heels. It includes tocopherol, retinol and a complex of vitamins. Active substances relieve inflammation, have regenerative properties. Ointment helps with burns, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis. Radevit should be spread on the cracks with a thin layer twice a day. Initially, treat the heels with an antiseptic. In advanced cases, you must apply a bandage to eliminate oxygen access. The cream contains a large amount of vitamins, so it can cause allergic reactions. During pregnancy and lactation, it is possible to use this product under the supervision of a doctor.
- "Healing cracks" is a cream from cracks on the heels, which is made from an extract of berries of sea-buckthorn. It helps with dry and cracking skin. Also helps with calluses and corns. The drug relieves pain after a few minutes after applying the cream.
- "Calendula" is a strong and effective ointment, it helps even with deep cracks on the heels. It includes calendula, allantoin and resin from larch trees. Before applying the ointment, it is good to steam out your feet, clean your heels with pumice stone and treat with an antiseptic. The procedure is best done before bedtime, at night, put on socks made of cotton fabric. Duration of treatment: two to three weeks.
- Flexitol - ointment from cracks on the heels. It not only removes inflammation, but also heals wounds, improves the elasticity of the skin. This is achieved through the action of Shea butter, aloe and lanolin. Ointment should be applied to cleansed skin twice a day. The apparent improvement is noticeable after only three days after application.
In pharmacies, many other products are sold that have proved themselves well. You can use external drugs: "Zorka "Gevogel "Doctor "First Aid" and so on.
When a wound on the soles of the feet, the patient experiences painful sensations. He should see a doctor as soon as possible. The doctor will explain what cracks on the heels, and how to treat the pathology.
Doctors warn!Shocking statistic - it is established that more than 74% of skin infections - the risk of exposure to parasites (Acquida, Giardia, Toccapara). The cliches will bring about a celestial conflict of oponomism, and the first will affect our immune system, which will have to overcome the incidence of various diseases. The head of the Institute of Parasitology made a decision, as quickly as possible, to kill them and to clear out their skin, which proves to be ...Read more...
Effective help to cope with the disease pharmacy creams and balms, as well as folk healers: baths, compresses, home ointments and masks.