Ringworm on the neck
The appearance of pink spots on the skin can be not only a manifestation of allergy or irritation to synthetic tissues. Rounded formations on the neck are often a symptom of a common fungal disease - microsporia. Such red spots on the neck refer todermatophytia, which cause disease-causing fungi. This lichen is contagious to others, so it requires systemic treatment under the supervision of a specialist.
- The main causes of the disease
- Microsporia of smooth skin
- Symptoms of pink lichen
- How to diagnose lichen?
- Features of treatment
- Traditional methods of treatment depriving
The main causes of the disease
Unpleasant lichen on the neck is a kind of fungal disease, which occurs with the same frequency in children and adults. It is caused by various fungi-dermatophytes. Most often on the neck and in the region of the chin is foundmicrosporiaor pink lichen, provoked by the most common subspecies.
Most dermatophytes are pathogenic fungi, which are present in large quantities in the human environment. Microscopic spores settle on objects of everyday use, clothing, bed linens, until 3 months are saved on the floor tile or ground. Fungi such as Microsporum often carry domestic or street animals on their wool.
Getting on the skin or mucous membranes of a person, they do not immediately make themselves felt, manifesting themselves against the background of a strong weakening of the immune system or other health problems:
- suffered influenza or ARVI;
- hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, after childbirth or thyroid surgery;
- intestinal infections or dysbacteriosis;
- tendency to allergies;
- damage or trauma to the skin;
- malnutrition or sitting on a too strict diet with a low content of vitamins.
Often, deprive the neck appears after a stressful situation. Any nervous shock significantly undermines the body, leading to a violation of its functions. Dermatophytes are often transmitted in one family, when visiting common bathing places (saunas or swimming pools), through toys or towels. But each disease has its own characteristics and symptoms.
Microsporia of smooth skin
This is one of the most common forms of fungal lichen. Microsporia on the neck or other parts of the body is diagnosed annually in 2% of all dermatological patients, and the vast majority are young children. The disease is classified as seasonal, which reacts with heat and high humidity. Therefore, the peak incidence falls on spring and summer.
The lichen on the neck of a child or adult appears after contact with a sick person or animal, which is an active carrier of the disease. From dirty hands when scratching, spores of the fungus get on the skin, and after a short period of time, characteristicred spots.
Other symptoms of smooth skin microsporia are:
- oval spots with convex edges that rise slightly above clean, uninfected skin;
- inflammations are scaly and itchy;
- spots can be single or cover most of the neck, touch the face or back;
- when moving to the suppuration stage, the spots become crimson, a rash or blisters with a liquid appears;
- bubbles burst, and lichen is covered with large crusts, oozing with a purulent liquid.
If the disease is not treated, it goes to the hair of the head or beard, it damages the nails. Patients complain of itching and discomfort, slight fever and swelling of the lymph nodes in the jaw area.
Symptoms of pink lichen
This fungal disease is least studied by dermatologists and mycologists. It can appear after the vaccination, a sudden drop of excess weight or hypothermia on a walk. In most casespink lichenhas a chronic form, is transmitted by inheritance and is not completely preserved in everyday life on hygiene items.
Pink lichenon the neck, better known as Zhibera's lichen, has several characteristic symptoms:
- the patients have spots of pink or reddish hue, and the skin resembles a burn;
- the spots are dry, slightly scaly and disturb the person;
- there is an intolerable headache, fatigue;
- patients note sensation of an ache and twisting in joints;
- Inflammation of the near lymph nodes.
A special difference between pink lichen is the appearance in 7-10 days of a single major spot on the neck, which is called "maternal". It is highly flaky, the patient inexplicably rises the temperature, the overall well-being deteriorates noticeably.
How to diagnose lichen?
The pink spot on the neck should be examined by an experienced doctor in the laboratory. To determine the type of pathogenic fungus, it is used:
- scraping, taken from the surface depriving, its scaly particles;
- a specially designed Wood lamp;
- the presence of watery bubbles;
- examination under a microscope;
- general analyzes.
Features of treatment
After a complete examination, the specialist decides what to treat the fungus on the neck. In simple situations, it is sufficient to use an external cream or ointment with effective components. Several times a day, hearths are deprived and the skin around them is treated:
Reduce inflammation can be, if applied to the areas of ordinary iodine, dried with sulfuric or zinc ointment. Help get rid of the disease lotion with Miramistin, Antifungin orchlorhexidine. If the lichen has passed into the stage of suppuration, it is impossible to do without daily treatment with anti-inflammatory agents:
- solution of potassium permanganate;
- ichthyol ointment;
- diluted furatsilinom.
Fungi-microsporia are quite resistant to medicinal creams or solutions. Therefore, the treatment can be supplemented with tablets with a similar composition. Patients are recommended to takeGriseofulvinor terbinafine for a course of 4 to 6 weeks. After the end of the procedure, a laboratory examination should be repeated to ensure the correct preparation.
Microsporia on the neck is treated long enough and requires patience from the patient. In addition to antifungal drugs, he will have to take a vitamin complex, supplement the daily diet with light and healthy dishes, observe the basic requirements for hygiene.
Traditional methods of treatment depriving
To help traditional antifungal drugs are some simple folk recipes on a natural basis:
- Daily lotions are made with decoction from equal parts of St. John's wort, dry chamomile flowers andcalendula.
- Wipe the lichen with a warm decoction of birch buds, diluted with watertincture of propolis.
- Several times a day, treat inflammation and skin around this apple cider vinegar.
- Manufacturetincture of garlic, for which 50 gr. cleaned denticles pour a glass of good vodka, insist for at least a week.
- Wash the neck with decoctions of cones of hops, chamomile and string to reduce itching.
Doctors warn!Shocking statistic - it is established that more than 74% of skin infections - the risk of exposure to parasites (Acquida, Giardia, Toccapara). The cliches will bring about a celestial conflict of oponomism, and the first will affect our immune system, which will have to overcome the incidence of various diseases. The head of the Institute of Parasitology made a decision, as quickly as possible, to kill them and to clear out their skin, which proves to be ...Read more...
With a combination of all the methods, the patient can completely get rid of the depriving on the neck for 2-3 months. To avoid the recurrence of the problem, you should strictly adhere to the treatment plan, raise the defenses of the body and take care of the skin condition.