Mid-face peeling - a procedure for skin rejuvenation with an amazing effect and lasting results
- The essence of the procedure
- Indications and contraindications
- Advantages and disadvantages
- How is the procedure performed?
- Post-peeling care
- Side effects
Skin on the face consists of several layers, each of which, one way or another, affects its condition. And if we still can clean up the "top" somehow (gels, tonics, scrubs, low-concentration acid solutions), then the "lower floors" are often untouched.
To update the cells at this level, you need to conduct a medial peeling, the depth of penetration of which stops before an even deeper basal layer that protects the dermis.
The essence of the procedure
The task of medial peeling is intensive skin trauma. It serves as a stimulus for active regeneration of cells, synthesis in the tissues of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid. As a result - a pronounced rejuvenating effect of the procedure.
If the indications for the mid-peeling are pigmented spots, scars, scars and acne, this does not mean that this procedure will get rid of them completely. It can only make them paler, reduce, lighten so that they are not so noticeable on the face. And the more so this procedure is not a prevention of all these shortcomings and defects. T. e. it does not guarantee that after it you will not have them again.
Helpful advice.In order for the capillary mesh to leave the surface of the skin, it is better to give preference to glycolic or retinoic peelings from mid-peels for couperose. But the hardware cleaning methods for this disease do not choose.
Going to the salon to enroll in the medial peeling, you can see in the price list under this heading several procedures. Therefore, it is worthwhile to understand in advance what the different types of it are.
By the way
Hardware / physical:
- laser peeling;
- Fractional thermolysis - use of a laser mini-ray grating;
- Diamond dermabrasion - skin treatment with a special nozzle with diamond crumb.
- peeling with salicylic acid (30%);
- glycolic (70%);
- TCA - trichloroacetic (20%).
In depth of penetration
Divide into two subspecies:
- Middle-surface (glycolic, fruity, Jessner).
- Middle-deep (salicylic, acetic).
The most popular is the median chemical peel, which provides good efficiency with minimal pain in the procedure.
There is an opinion.Some call one more kind of medial peeling - mechanical. This is the manual removal of keratinized cells from the surface of the skin. It is unlikely that it can clean the skin down to the basal layer.
Indications and contraindications
This peeling does not just exfoliate dead cells and regenerate damaged tissues. It practically destroys the epidermis layer by layer, burning off the stopped in development and no longer functioning in full force tissues. Its damage is comparable to a burn, only it can be controlled and directed. Accordingly, this is a very serious procedure that requires a responsible approach. The master will never advise you to do it without special testimony.
- oily skin;
- greasy sheen;
- small wrinkles;
- disturbed microcirculation;
- lack of tonus;
- acne disease.
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- herpes in an exacerbation stage;
- a tan;
- individual intolerance;
- skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema);
- menstruation, menopause;
- oncological diseases;
- reception of contraceptives, antibiotics;
- mental disorders.
- wounds, scratches, fresh cuts on the face;
- tendency to allergies;
- predisposition to the formation of scar tissue.
Do not hide from your beautician your chronic and aggravated diseases, which can become contraindications for such a cleansing. On this depends the result and the number of side effects.
Be careful!Alas, but even cosmetologists disagree on the many peelings - how to classify them. As a result, in the price list of any salon, Jessner's cleansing will be indicated as deep, but in fact it is surface-median. To the contrary, the situation is with phenolic acid. To persuade the patient to this procedure, cosmetologists say that this is a medial peeling. In fact, this is a very aggressive substance, reaching the basal layer of the dermis.
Advantages and disadvantages
On the one hand, this kind of peeling is the golden mean between the superficial and deep cleansing of the face, which absorbed all their dignity. Not as traumatic as the latter, but more effective than the first. On the other hand, all its advantages are relative: the results are not very pronounced, not painful, but extremely it is unpleasant to feel, there are not so many side effects, but to enjoy life during the rehabilitation period they are not will allow.
- popularity: cosmetologists have gained rich experience in conducting mid-peelings, since they are recorded most often;
- A stable result persists for six months to 2 years.
- the results are noticeable only after a number of procedures: 3-4 sessions should be done with an interval of 10 days, it is recommended to repeat 3-4 times a year;
- seasonality: median peeling is recommended in late autumn, winter or early spring, when there is no solar activity;
- acids are taken in a sufficiently high concentration;
- during the rehabilitation period (10-14 days), it is uncomfortable to appear in public because of crusts on the face and layered pieces of skin;
- painful sensations during the procedure: unpleasant burning, tingling;
- multiple side effects;
- lack of effectiveness in terms of deep and facial wrinkles, "crow's feet" in the corners of the eyes, nasolabial folds;
- It is difficult to control the depth of penetration of acids into the skin.
Despite the fact that the disadvantages are much more advantages, evaluate them in terms of not quantity, but quality. The pain can be endured, the side effects will disappear after the rehabilitation period, but the beautiful, even, healthy skin, hiding your true age, will please you for a very long time..
Keep in mind.Undoubtedly, TCA-peeling has a bright and persistent effect, due to which many women choose it. But always remember that this is a very caustic combination of chlorine and acetic acid, which has powerful burning properties, and even toxic. But pyruvic acid is a product of the breakdown of glucose, it is a natural ingredient in peeling solutions, possessing seboreguliruyuschim, comedonolytic, antiseptic, bacteriostatic, antifungal and depigmenting action.
How is the procedure performed?
Photo "before" and "after" the procedure of medial peeling
2 weeks before it is necessary:
- use a cream with fruit acids to accustom the skin to their effects;
- Apply sunscreen before going outside;
- do not sunbathe under the sun's rays, or in the solarium;
- hold 2-3 sessions of glycol peeling.
The more responsible the preparation for the medial peeling is, the more adequate the skin will react to it. And this is a shortened rehabilitation period, a minimum of side effects and complications, no painful sensations during the procedure.
Despite the fact that the medial peeling is not deep, it still affects too important layers of the epidermis. Therefore it is recommended to do it in the salon. Protocols will differ only in small nuances, depending on the type of cleaning chosen.
- Purify the skin from the remnants of decorative cosmetics and contamination with a special agent with pH .
- Degrease it.
- If necessary, cut the treated area with anesthesia.
- Apply the acid composition. Depending on the type, they are affected by laser / ultrasound. Direction of movement: forehead, whiskey, chin, cheeks, nose, eyelids.
- In the middle peeling, 3 layers of acid solution are usually used with an interval of 5 minutes
- Remove the remnants of the used product with a special neutralizer.
- Soothe the skin with a special mask.
- Massaging movements rub a nourishing or moisturizing cream.
If you still want to try medial peeling at home, be careful and competent, work on this protocol.
There is an opinion.Some experts believe that the accumulated in the body nicotine can adversely affect the results of peeling. Therefore, they strongly advise or refuse to smoke at all before such a procedure, or at least reduce the number of cigarettes smoked per day.
In the salons use professional medial peelings - drugs that allow the active substance to penetrate the interior of the epidermis at the desired depth. Because they are sold in free access, they can be purchased for home use.
- Jessner Acid - Jessner's peeling 10%. MCCosmetics. Spain. $121.
- Yellow peel - yellow peeling. Kosmoteros. France. $120.
- Jessner Solution Peel - peeling Jessner: resorcinol, salicylic and lactic acid with pH,. MedPeel. USA. $87.
- TCA Peel - TCA, trichloroacetic acid 20% at pH,. MedPeel. USA. $60.
- Peel Therapy Salicylic Acid Complex - therapeutic peeling complex with salicylic acid 20%. BeautyMed. France. $46.
- Peeling Chimique Pyruvic Acid - pyruvic 40% with pH,. Kosmoteros. France. $43.
- Master peel - TCA 20, 30, 40%. Dermagenetic. Greece. $37.
- TCA Peel - preparations with trichloroacetic acid 10, 15, 20%. Allura Esthetics. USA. $36.
- Piruvin - pyruvic 45%. Biomatrix. France. $27.
- Peeling Chimique Glycolic Acid - glycolic 70%. Kosmoteros. France. $17.
Be sure to follow the instructions that are attached to these drugs to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Layfak.At home, so as not to be spent on expensive professional peeling agents, you can make salicylic cleansing your face with the usual tablets of aspirin. It is necessary to grind them in an amount of 5-6 pieces and mix with a tablespoon of liquid honey. The first session should last no more than 2 minutes, the second - already 5, the third - all 10.
After the mid-peeling, a 10-20-day rehabilitation is needed, during which careful facial care will be required.
- Do not clean and do not rip off the exfoliating layer of the epidermis in the form of peeling flakes and crusts.
- Apply sunscreen before going out on the street (even if there is no sun there).
- Daily use moisturizing cosmetics.
- Refuse makeup and the usual means for skin care.
- Sauna, solarium, swimming pool at this time are prohibited.
Nothing complex skin care after peeling is not. Protect it from irritating and aggressive factors - and there will be no problems.
The cost.In most stores, the price of one session of the median peel is approximately $ 60.
Unfortunately, after this cleansing, it will not be possible to avoid side effects, which can be serious complications and require medical intervention:
- White spots;
- bumpy relief of the skin;
- new pigmentation spots (most often due to ultraviolet exposure after the procedure);
- exacerbation of herpes;
- Formed crusts ideally disappear on the 10th day;
- second degree burn;
- absence of effect;
- scars are a consequence of the wrong actions of the cosmetologist (overexposed the acid, put too much depth of penetration on the nozzle);
- persistent erythema;
- dryness, tightness;
- Peeling should begin only on the 5th day after peeling.
Do you want to smooth out the defects on the skin that are causing the internal complexes? In this case, consider the option of medial peeling. It will provide you with a lasting and effective result for the coming months, and even for years. At least, it will save you from having to apply a ton of make-up on your face every day to mask imperfections.