Psoriasis on the eyes and eyelids
Psoriasis in the eyes is characterized by dermatologists as a disease that is not transmitted by contact. But no arguments of the doctors do not soothe the patients. Skin manifestations on the face introduce the patient into depression, create inconvenience at work, at home. A person changes his way of life, strives to hide from others, close ones. But all his aspirations to eliminate the symptoms of the disease on their own do not lead to a result..
- 1Psoriasis of the eye: diagnostic features
- 2Treatment of skin rashes
- 3Methods of elimination of the disease
Psoriasis of the eye: diagnostic features.
Psoriasis is a common disease of our time. It is classified as severe because of the symptoms that go on inside the body. Psoriasis does not easily spoil the appearance of a person, it can hit many organs. Treatment of psoriasis is faster and easier with timely detection of the disease and the correct choice of the system of exposure to the focus of the disease.
Skin rash affects the joints, the body, but it's the worst when it hits the eyes. The disease is rare, difficult to treat and ways to eliminate the ailment.
Affected by various areas of the eye and around:
- the mucous membrane.
Appoint the right medicine and begin to heal only a specialist - a dermatologist. Self-medication can lead to blindness.
Psoriasis on the eyelids often occurs as a complication of the type of uveitis (inflammation of the vascular membranes), iritis (inflammation of the lining of the optic organ).
Experts have proved that psoriasis is inherited at the genotype level. Therefore, they recommend in the case of accurate knowledge that the diseases are susceptible to relatives, at the first occurrence of skin rashes, see a doctor. Their sources can be established by means of tests on immunopathology.
The level of cytokines, their deviations from the norm are studied. The tissues of the skin of the face are tender enough, they need to be treated carefully, with great care.
Inflammation around the eyes often requires significant investment. Drugs for eye medicine are expensive.
The cause may be a virus that begins to absorb skin cells. The internal process responsible for the production of melanin slows down, skin regeneration does not occur.
Treatment of skin rashes
The disease proceeds with certain signs, inherent in different forms:
- Severe pain and shots in the eyes.
- Redness of the inner shell.
- The appearance of a film.
- Heavy tolerability of bright light.
- Blurred vision.
Patients who have symptoms, most often try to hide unpleasant skin manifestations with the help of cosmetics. They hope that the disease will pass by itself. But the disease, on the contrary, begins to develop even more rapidly.
At the final stages of psoriasis, the eye can move to the whole face. The main factor that positively influences the course of the disease, fresh air and sunlight.
The course of treatment includes preparations of local influence: ointments, creams. The drugs are of high quality, but their effect is to stop the development of the disease, they restrain psoriasis, prevent it from spreading.
Ointments are large, most commonly used: psori-naft, dermo-naft, synaflan, lorinden, advantan. The best result is given by treatment in a complex, when several means of different action are used. Reduction of cytokine activity occurs under the influence of ointments: efalizumab, timodepressin, alefacept, simulect. Complex components of complex treatment eliminate the causes.
Methods of elimination of the disease.
- Cosmetological. They help to reduce uncomfortable sensations and change the appearance of spots. These methods include ultraviolet irradiation and laser correction. Ultraviolet is applied pointwise, only to the affected areas. The laser is even more effective. It penetrates to the depth of the source of the disease, burns down the traces of psoriasis, without touching the healthy skin. But the use of a laser can result in the appearance of scars and scars.
- Psychological. Sometimes treatment takes a long time. Especially it is observed in case of untimely initiation of treatment. The skin on the face changes, it is forbidden by doctors to cover it with cosmetics. The patient can not constantly hide from people, often he needs to work. In this case, the psychologist will help.
- Alternative. These include non-standard treatment options. One of the effective methods of hydrotherapy is recognized. This is a complex of therapeutic water procedures. It is recommended only as a concomitant to drug treatment. Additional procedures will help to speed up the recovery process. As an independent method of cure, it is not applied.
Simple advice of specialists:
- Apply eyelash washing and baby shampoo.
- Rinse eyes frequently with running clear water.
- Constantly monitor the intraocular pressure.
- Use immunosuppressants.
- Exclude cosmetics.
- Carry out the treatment procedures recommended by popular recipes: decoctions, lotions.
It should not be forgotten that any kind of psoriasis, including skin disorders around the eyes, is a chronic change. It is not completely cured, but simply reduces the activity of the focus of the disease, muffled.
Keep it in this state is possible only when monitoring the internal processes of the infected organism. Attention to the skin condition, any changes it needs to be permanent..