Treatment of phimosis with a laser
Table of contents
- Causes of phimosis in men
- Forms of pathological phimosis
- Methods of treatment of phimosis
- Treatment of phimosis with a laser
Phimosis is a pathology characterized by narrowness of the prepuce, which leads to a limitation of its mobility. In connection with this, the main sign of this disease is the inability to fully or even partially expose the glans penis. Like any other disease, phimosis must be treated. To date, the most safe way of therapy is surgical intervention with a laser. Therefore further it will be considered, how the treatment of phimosis by the laser is carried out.
Causes of phimosis in men
This pathology can be diagnosed for several reasons:
- hereditary predisposition, which is due to the incorrect formation of connective fibers in the human body;
- traumatism of the genital organ, after which the scars form on the penis, interfering with the stretching of the skin;
- the presence of inflammatory processes of the foreskin (balanoposthitis), after which there are scars that reduce the elasticity of the foreskin;
- uneven growth of tissue and penis.
Forms of pathological phimosis
In medicine, there are 4 forms of the disease:
- at the 1st form, the penis head can be freely withdrawn in a calm state, and when it is excited, exposure is impossible or difficult;
- The second form is characterized by difficulty in exposing the head both in a state of erection and in a calm state. During excitation, the head is either completely closed or only a small part of it is exposed;
- at the 3rd form, the head of the penis can not be exposed;
- The 4th form is characterized by difficulty urinating.
It should be noted that in most adult males, 1-3 forms of phimosis are most common. As for the 4th form, it can occur more in children.
Methods of treatment of phimosis
To date, there are several ways to treat this disease.The choice of this or that method directly depends on the degree of the disease, the individual characteristics of the male body and on the presence of possible complications.In some cases, only surgery can help to get rid of phimosis.
With non-medicamentous treatment stretching the foreskin is carried out with the help of special tools or fingers. In some cases, this therapy is used in conjunction with corticosteroid treatment. This method requires a lot of time, and its effectiveness is not very high.
Medicamentous treatment is carried out with the help of corticosteroid ointments, which are applied to the head and foreskin of the genital organ. With their help, you can slightly increase the elasticity of the foreskin, which allows you to reduce the severity of diseases.
Surgical intervention is the fastest and most effective method of treatment, in which circumcision is performed. In this case, it is removed partially or completely, as a result of which there are no problems with opening the head.
Treatment of phimosis with a laser
Treatment of phimosis by laser is one of the methods of surgical intervention, when instead of a scalpel the energy of the laser beam is used. With the help of a laser, it is possible to perform an operation both on circular circumcision of the foreskin, and plastic operations that allow to save the foreskin.
https://www.youtube.com/watc? = zoG-TaarWfY
Laser intervention is painless and highly effective. The main advantages of this method include:
- reduction of healing time by accelerating the recovery stage with a minimal risk of infection;
- minimal damage to adjacent tissues;
- a small number of contraindications;
- non-invasive intervention;
- the opportunity to get a positive result for men of any age category;
- dry operating field due to vessel coagulation.
In this regard, laser therapy, conducted under local anesthesia, is the most qualitative treatment of phimosis. The cost of such a procedure is relatively small. The laser operation is the most gentle, since during its carrying out the patient does not lose blood because of the sealed vessels by the laser.
After the operation, the phimosis is completely removed, and the penis practically does not swell.
https://www.youtube.com/watc? = BPqhzUKy0-A
The operation takes about half an hour, including preoperative preparation of the patient.
If a man with phimosis thinks that this is not a serious disease, and that he can be operated at any time, he is deeply mistaken. That there were no complications, it is better not to postpone treatment in the long box, because this pathology can progress, therefore after a while the situation can worsen so much that the man will additionally have to be treated for some more diseases. Also delaying treatment in young people can lead to the formation of scars, which in the end will negatively affect their health.