Effective folk remedies and preparations from the fungus from nails
Among the varieties of fungal diseases one of the most "popular" is onychomycosis, affecting nail plates, so the question of which remedy for nail fungus is most effective, is of interest many. Unfortunately, these pathologies have been widely spread in recent decades: WHO statistics show that or another form of fungus of external tissues affects about 20% of the adult population of the planet, and onychomycosis affects one-third of their number. If the nail fungus in the elderly was previously quite common, now the age of people forced to treat mycosis of the nails is gradually getting younger..
- 1Causes and ways of transmission
- 2Types and symptoms of onychomycosis
- 3Diagnosis and treatment
Causes and ways of transmission.
Among the main reasons for this phenomenon can be called increased migration and a drop in the level of immune protection, caused, in turn, by a significant deterioration in the environmental situation. To understand how to find an effective remedy for nail fungus, try first to understand the etiology of the disease.
The culprit for the development of a fungal infection affecting the nails can be any of the following types of pathogenic microflora:
- yeast Candida;
- moldy Aspergillum.
In the one who is infected with a fungus of skin and nails, microscopic flakes are scattered from their surface, which contain fungal spores and mycelium. Getting on various objects of use, in the absence of proper sanitation, which allows them to destroy, they can remain there for a very long time - sometimes for several years.
This is because all the "pests" to get accustomed to in our body, many conditions are necessary, among which:
- presence of "gate" for penetration;
- a certain period of time;
- poor performance of the immune cells of the attacked subject;
- the appropriate setting: temperature, humidity, etc.
Therefore, the most reliable way to protect yourself from the nail fungus is to maintain your immunity to the proper level, to monitor the condition dermis, trying not to allow the appearance of various micro-traumas (scuffs, abrasions, scratches), and if they appeared - on time to disinfect. It will also help to observe the rules of personal hygiene: you need to wash your hands and feet in time, wear fresh socks and comfortable shoes, keeping it clean (you can use a special aerosol to disinfect it, destroying fungal spores), do not take other people's things and do not allow anyone to use it own. Then you can not be afraid of infection. But if it still happened, how to determine what happened, and how to treat the nail fungus?
Types and symptoms of onychomycosis
Experts subdivide onychomycosis into several species depending on the nature of the lesion:
- distal and lateral (subungual).
Each of them has its own symptoms:
- With the first of these forms, the nail changes color, retaining normal thickness and shine. The discoloration of the nail plate is gradual: first, white or ocher-yellow spots and bands localized in the lateral parts appear on it, then they capture the entire surface. Quite often normotrophic onychomycosis causes detachment of the plate from its bed, which makes it easy to remove it, both intentionally and accidentally.
- Hypertrophic onychomycosis leads to thickening of the plate, it becomes dull, gray or dirty yellow color, crumbles and deformed, sometimes acquiring the appearance of a bird's claw - such a deformation is called onychograph. Destruction begins with the side parts. If it comes to toes, walking causes pain syndrome.
- Atrophic appearance can lead to complete destruction of the plate with exposure of the nail bed, covered with loose layers in the form of skin scales. The process starts from the top, gradually moving to the root. Moreover, even if it goes very far, the so-called growth zone can remain unchanged for a long time.
- Distal and lateral onychomycosis are often present simultaneously. Symptoms in both these forms are similar. The affected part of the plate becomes dull, covering with transverse grooves. Its color depends on a variety of pathogenic microflora: yeast forms give a yellow tint, moldy - blue-green or black. Destruction begins at the outer end, but gradually the bed is completely exposed.
Diagnosis and treatment.
The answer to the question of how to cure the nail fungus, has a lot of options, because you can go to recovery in different ways. But the first step to starting to treat onychomycosis is to clarify the diagnosis and determine the pathogenic microflora. Since external examination is not enough for this, specialists use laboratory methods of diagnosis. In this case, from the sample taken (for a skin scales or a piece of a plate), a fungal culture is isolated, then placed in a nutrient medium - usually this is the so-called sowing on Saburo's medium, which makes it possible to determine to which kind - dermatophytic, yeast or moldy - the isolated mycelium. Depending on the results of laboratory tests, the doctor determines the most effective means of nail fungus.Unfortunately, it is impossible to quickly cure the fungus of nails - first of all, because they grow slowly and are supplied with blood worse than other parts of the body. When starting treatment, it is necessary to be persistent and patient - without this, even the best remedy for the fungus on the nails will not give the expected effect. All pharmacological agents for the treatment of nail fungus are divided into local (used externally) and oral (taken through the mouth).
Local include various creams, ointments, gels, sprays and solutions of fungicidal action.
Among them, the highest ratings are as follows:
- Terbiks - spray from the fungus of nails.
- Mycosoril is ointment.
- Clotrimazole is a solution from nail fungus for external use.
- Lamisil - it can be a cream, and a spray, and a gel from the fungus of the nails.
- Mikozan is a relatively new remedy in the form of serum.
In addition, Nogtivit is used to remove the nail, which is affected by the fungus, a drug that allows this operation to be carried out painlessly.The best oral means for combating nail fungus are tablets:
The reaction of each person to fungicidal drugs depends on many factors: age, concomitant diseases, individual characteristics of the organism.
Traditional medicine also has a number of ways to combat the nail fungus, which, in the case approval of the attending physician, can act as a "second front certainly giving way to the role of the avant-garde pharmacology. So what is afraid of nail fungus?
Here are the most effective recipes, proven by time:
- A long and widely used remedy for nail fungus is an ordinary economic one, known as a simple soap. When a fungus infection with it is treated as follows. After stirring your feet in hot water, densely soap a hard brush (such as a clothes brush) and rub it with the affected nails and skin around them for 5 minutes. It will strongly pinch, but will have to suffer - there is no danger for the epidermis procedure does not represent. Then the same brush is washed off under running water. These actions must be repeated at least 5 times, then wash your feet, wipe them dry with a clean towel and put on clean and freshly-ironed socks. This procedure kills sickness disputes. Repeating it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, within a week you can see an improvement in the condition. Household soap is a universal remedy against almost all external forms of pathogenic microflora.
- Another effective means of fungicidal action, which really helps to overcome the fungus, is a chicken egg dissolved in vinegar. It should be put in a glass so that the shell does not touch the walls, and, bay with vinegar essence, put in a dark place. After completely dissolving the eggshell, remove the film from the egg and discard it. Apply the medicine to the affected plate with a cotton swab, first steaming it, cutting and processing with a file. Repeat until a healthy plate grows. Important: when applying ointment, try not to get on the skin - this can cause a burn.
- Cope with onychomycosis will help and spurge, killing spores - a strong and reliable folk remedy against nail fungus. Half a glass of dry collection should be poured a glass of boiling water, then half an hour to evaporate in a water bath. Dilute the broth in a liter of water and soak her feet in it. The procedure should be repeated daily for a month.
- Garden horseradish is also a powerful remedy used by folk healers as a remedy for the treatment of nail fungus. Fresh root must be grated or rolled through a meat grinder. In the evening, put a teaspoon of shredded horseradish on the trimmed plate, bandage it, put a plastic bag on your foot and go to bed. In the morning, remove the compress, wash your feet and put on clean socks. Repeat the compresses before regrowing the healthy plate.
Important: all manicure and pedicure tools used during processing must be sterilized after each procedure. In boiling water, spores die within 3-5 minutes.
The listed ways of treatment will help to return to fingers of hands and feet good health and a pleasant appearance. The only condition: treatment should be systematic, and it should not be interrupted without consulting a doctor, even if all the external signs of the disease have already disappeared. To consider yourself fully recovered will be possible only after the tests confirm the absence of pathogenic microflora in the tissues. After this, we recommend replacing all new socks, stockings, pantyhose, and slippers with new ones, and continue to be more cautious: to Unfortunately, immunity to onychomycosis, as well as to other mycoses, does not exist, and under favorable circumstances, infection can happen again..