What does it mean if the feet sweat and freeze in winter
Many people have a question: why do both feet sweat and freeze in winter? Even the climate as seemingly comfortable, but still this circumstance occurs..
The allocation of sweat from the feet is an unpleasant manifestation, as it does not allow for normal vital activity. On a visit to this person it is uncomfortable and also he hesitates to change his shoes at work. Why do feet sweat and freeze in winter? The answer to this question may lie in the presence of any diseases, so only after contacting a specialist can you find out the cause of this manifestation.
- 1About the syndrome
- 2Fighting sweating
- 3Causes of Perspiration of the Feet
About the syndrome.
If the legs are cold in the summer, while they are constantly in sweat, then the malfunctioning of the internal organs is not excluded. But before calling a doctor, it is worth analyzing the use of simple hygiene products or methods that reduce the percentage of sweating. Only an expert will be able to give an affirmative answer: why do feet sweat in winter and at the same time freeze?
This phenomenon can occur as a result of:
- genetic predisposition;
- disorders of the thyroid gland;
- the presence of malignant tumors;
- presence of viral infections in the body;
- diseases of blood vessels;
- drug addiction and alcoholism;
- other reasons.
If there is alcohol or drug dependence, then treatment of the disease does not make sense. For this, it is necessary to get rid of such diseases, and hyperhidrosis will pass by itself. In all other cases, increased sweating occurs due to the receipt from the brain of the signal into the nerve endings of the feet. After it begins profuse sweating.
Studies have established that hyperhidrosis can be caused by a genetic predisposition, that is, a violation of blood circulation. In this case, the legs can freeze, despite the fact that they are wearing socks. In the lower extremities are a large number of sweat glands, which are the cause of sweating.
Increased sweating is not always pleasant both for the patient himself and for others. The smell, spreading with the appearance of a person, causes a negative attitude. Not everyone understands what the manifestation of sweat is - a disease, and not a fact of uncleanliness.
There are 3 stages of the disease:
Each stage of the disease has its own clinical signs, which requires certain recommendations and indications:
- At the first signs of sweating, you should pay attention to shoes, which should be made of natural materials, even home slippers are recommended to replace.
- For personal hygiene it is worthwhile to carry out contrasting foot baths. To do this, you should pour cold and hot water into two tanks. Legs lowered into hot water, and then immediately into cold water. Do this several times twice a day.
- If the stage of hyperhidrosis is initial, then preparations from medicinal herbs will also give a good effect. For example, take a milled oak bark and add this powder to your socks. Such treatment is recommended within a month.
- Leaves of mint, nettle and sage take in equal quantities and prepare a decoction. In this preparation, hold your feet for 15 minutes.
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar also do a good job with increased sweating. This preparation is done by calculating a tablespoon of the product on a glass of clean water. Gauze or other tissue is wetted in solution and wiped off her feet, and then let the feet dry naturally.
- Lavender oil also gives a positive result when rubbing feet once a day.
With hyperhidrosis at the last stage of the above procedures can not do. It is important to use drug therapy. In some cases, antiperspirants containing aluminum chloride are also used.
Another modern procedure performed in clinics is bothex. Its action is to pierce certain places in the leg. There are contraindications for patients with diabetes mellitus.
Increased sweating is also treated with the application of the method of geo -ophoresis. The feet are placed in a container of water, after which a weak impulse of electric current is fed. The course of treatment should be at least 10 days, and repeat the procedure is recommended after 24 hours.
In exceptional cases, specialists prescribe surgery to destroy nerve endings that affect the function of the sweat glands.
Causes of Perspiration of the Feet.
Elevated sweating of the feet can be the cause of the following pathologies:
- violation of heart function;
- atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels;
- the result of taking medications;
- insufficient supply of iodine;
- elevated blood sugar;
Also, the manifestation of increased sweating occurs in humans:
- with low blood pressure;
- adolescents with a violation of the function of the vegetative system;
- at the age of more than 50 years.
In winter, people with large feet may feel cold and sweat.
With the right approach to treatment and the implementation of all the recommendations of a doctor, you can easily recover and feel confident in any place and in any company..