Lamp for the treatment of psoriasis
Ultraviolet lamp for the treatment of psoriasis has a positive effect, so the courses of this irradiation has long been prescribed by dermatologists in addition to the complex treatment of this cutaneous disease.Such sessions are called phototherapy, and with their help, it is possible to significantly reduce the manifestations of psoriasis in remission, and also to contribute to a temporary increase in this stage..
- 1What are the benefits and benefits of such devices?
- 2Methods of exposure to ultraviolet light
What are the benefits and benefits of such devices?.
The effect on the skin of a patient with psoriasis with ultraviolet lamps shows a good result in treatment.
The maximum efficiency of the ultraviolet lamp from psoriasis is achieved by taking into account all possible factors, affecting the appearance of rashes, as well as the type of skin, waves produced by the device, concomitant diseases patient. To do this all and to pick up really correct kind of an ultraviolet lamp the qualified dermatologist-doctor can only. Therefore, to independently assign such procedures are not advised, it is better to take the advice of a specialist.
The main advantage of such devices is to improve the following indicators:
- microcirculation of blood in affected areas;
- stimulation of local immunity;
- reduction of the inflammatory process;
- the work of skin cells and the inhibition of pathogenic development of them, affected by psoriasis.
For the treatment of the house, you can name several types of the most popular devices, working on the allocation of ultraviolet radiation.
- Psoriasis UFICIs the most effective type of device that emits ultraviolet waves with a length of 311 nm. This is a hand-held device, so it is easy to move it to the lesions with psoriasis. The lamp should warm up for maximum exposure, so it is advised to turn it on for 5 minutes before the session.
- DERMALIGHT(UVB - 311 nm) - the brainchild of the world famous company Phillips. The effect of the device well stimulates local immunity, causing the cells to function properly.
Methods of exposure to ultraviolet light
Ultraviolet lamp from psoriasis is a device with rays of different spectrum, which are determined for each patient separately.
There are several methods of healing psoriasis with the help of such devices. Let's consider their principle of action and influence on the patient's body.
- Therapy with an ultraviolet lamp that emits rays of type B. This is a common way of treating psoriatic diseases. Virtually all devices that are designed to be exposed to ultraviolet light on the skin at home, allocate this spectrum of rays. This type of irradiation does not affect the entire body of the patient, but only acts point-wise on certain areas of the skin. Distinguish narrow and broadband phototherapy. The difference between them is in the wavelength. Narrowband - 313 nm, and wide-band from 285 to 350 nm. The course of treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the extent of the skin lesion and can sometimes be delayed up to 3 months.
- Method of treatment of psoriatic precipitations with rays of type A. It should be noted that there are no such lamps on sale, as they are a potential threat to the patient's body. This method is rarely used in the diagnosis of "psoriasis". Usually it is prescribed to patients who have a large-scale lesion of the body. For a better effect, special medical preparations are also used to increase the photosensitivity of the skin. Procedure with exposure to the skin of lamps with rays of type A is carried out only on indications and in a medical institution.
Do not forget that exposure to a quartz ultraviolet lamp will bring a quick positive effect only if the complex treatment of the disease.
Do not delay prescribed medication. This is how you can achieve a quick effect.
Home therapy using a lamp should be done daily. The time that is spent on the exposure session, it is necessary to start from the smallest, gradually increasing it. First, apply about 20 seconds for each lesion with psoriatic eruptions. In this case, the patient must carefully monitor the reaction of the skin when exposed to the rays. If there are traces of redness after the lamp treatment, then for some time the duration does not need to be increased, but the initial 20 seconds. The quartz lamp itself is located at a distance of 3 cm from the affected skin.
Do not use the method of treatment with an ultraviolet lamp in the acute course of psoriasis. During this period, to remove the main symptoms, it is better to use other methods of local exposure (ointment, cream). The lamp best has a therapeutic effect on the remission stage.
Many lamps used to treat psoriatic eruptions, and have the ability to adjust the dose of ultraviolet exposure to the patient's skin. This is a very convenient and useful function, since it allows you to adjust the device to the needs of the patient and use it at home.
When using the device, do not forget that you need to protect your eyes from radiation. When carrying out the procedure, protect them with eyeglasses with UV coating. Also cover the skin, which is not contaminated with rashes. Avoid sites with moles or other malignancies. It is important to remember that if there are a large number of pigment spots on the skin of the patient, moles and such changes, the use of the lamp is prohibited.
Before the procedure, the skin should be cleaned of possible contaminants. This is very important, since the presence on it of cosmetic products, dandruff or sebum, significantly reduces the ability of the ultraviolet to penetrate the skin and, accordingly, does not properly effect.
At the end of the procedure, ultraviolet exposure to psoriatic areas, the skin is important to moisturize well. For this purpose it is appropriate to use special creams, prescribed by the doctor for the treatment of rashes during remission. They almost all have a mitigating effect.
The number of necessary procedures for each patient is determined separately. Usually, up to 15 sessions are sufficient. But doctors dermatologists recommend continuing the therapy with a lamp for another 10-15 sessions, even if there is a good positive result. For some patients, up to 3 months of exposure to ultraviolet lamps may be necessary to achieve a positive result.
Do not despair, even if the result is not noticeable after the doctor prescribed procedures. Ask for advice, perhaps in your case you need to increase the number of sessions..