What you need to know about the treatment of dry seborrhea
Dry seborrhea develops on the skin with lesions of the sebaceous glands, mainly against the background of changes in the hormonal background and decrease in immunity. Disease not only aesthetically spoils the appearance of a person, but also brings a number of unpleasant sensations..
Often seborrhea proceeds in a lubricated form, and a person may not even guess about the disease by taking seborrheic manifestations for allergic reactions or irritation.
However, the lack of timely adequate treatment can lead to serious complications, such as:
- appearance of age spots;
- premature aging;
- joining secondary infection, which leads to purulent eruptions;
- Seborrheic blepharitis, accompanied by loss of eyelashes;
- seborrheic eczema.
- 2Symptoms and Diagnosis
- 4Auxiliary therapies
To understand how to treat dry seborrhea, we need to understand the causes that lead to its occurrence.
On the skin of a person there are always spores of conditionally pathogenic fungi. A healthy organism has the strength of the immune system to suppress the vital activity of the pathogen. But with the weakening of immunity in areas rich in sebaceous glands, favorable conditions for reproduction and life activity of the fungus are created. So begins the seborrheic process. There are a lot of reasons leading to dry seborrhea.
The main ones are:
- physiological changes in the hormonal background. Typically, this occurs at pubertal age. That is why seborrhea is most often diagnosed in adolescents;
- diseases of the endocrine system. Most often these are dysfunctions and pathological disorders of hormone production by the sex glands, as well as the pancreas and thyroid gland;
- various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- unbalanced diet;
- neurological and psychiatric pathologies;
- diseases of an autoimmune nature;
- prolonged physical and neuro-emotional fatigue;
- decreased sweating due to hereditary factors or unfavorable working conditions;
- consequence of long-term use of medications;
- violations of personal hygiene.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
Dry seborrhea on the face usually begins with the appearance of red spots, reminiscent of allergies or irritation. Then the epidermis in the foci begins to peel off. This process is accompanied by delamination of small scales. There is a feeling of tightness of the skin, itch is attached. The skin may begin to crack, and then bleed. Some patients complain about the increased sensitivity of the facial skin.
If the scalp is affected, then, in addition to changes in the skin, the hair follicles are destroyed. Hair fade, become brittle, begin to break off.
The ends of hair are excised, it seems that they are "strewed with ashes". Dandruff begins to form abundantly. Gradually, the hair follicles are destroyed, which leads to hair loss and baldness.
To radically get rid of seborrhea, it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis, including:
- collection by a dermatologist of medical history and genetic history;
- visual inspection of lesions;
- taking of seborrheic scales for laboratory research;
- consultations of a neuropathologist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, urologist or gynecologist;
- blood chemistry;
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland, abdominal organs and small pelvis;
- a blood test for the level of thyroid hormones and gonads.
If the consulting physicians identify the pathology of their profile, an additional specific examination will be prescribed.
If there was dry seborrhea, treatment should be carried out only complex, including specific anti-seborrheic therapy and the therapeutic effect on the pathology of internal organs, leading to disease.
Specific therapy includes:
- strict adherence to anti-seborrheic diet;
- antifungal drugs;
- strengthening the immune system immunomodulators;
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract;
- restoration of secretory functions of the endocrine system;
- regulation of the central and peripheral nervous system;
- normalization of the excretory function of the sebaceous glands;
- vitamin therapy.
To begin therapy follows only after careful inspection and an establishment of all reasons provoking the beginning of a seborrhea and supporting its development. In case of damage to the scalp, the doctor selects a special shampoo with a curative effect. Such hygiene products contain medicinal antifungal components and substances that exert an anti-inflammatory and exfoliating effect.
You should not try to cope with seborrhea on your own. Without eliminating the cause that triggers the disease mechanism from the internal organs, the treatment will not only be ineffective, but it can also turn into a chronic, intractable form. There is also a great risk of secondary infection, leading to the development of suppuration, affecting the deep layers of the skin.
With the development of dry seborrhea on the face skin antifungal ointments and creams for the treatment of foci are prescribed. Also, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial preparations are individually selected.
Creams for moisturizing and nourishing the skin should be bought only after consulting a dermatologist.
Treatment of dry seborrhea begins with the normalization of the diet. With this disease is important as a set of food products, and the way they are cooked.
All dishes should be boiled, baked in foil or cooked for a couple. The process of frying and stewing in cooking should be completely ruled out.
Also, you should completely stop using the following products:
- fatty fish and meat;
- animal fats;
- fast food and any canned food;
- coffee, chocolate, cocoa;
- carbonated drinks;
- spices and spices.
In the dish, you need to add as much greens as possible. Vegetables and fruits are better to eat raw. It is useful to use oatmeal and buckwheat porridge, bran.
Every day, the menu should include lactic acid products with bifidobacteria.
Also help to cure seborrhea physiotherapy procedures. Different methods of physiotherapy cleans the skin of seborrheic scales, relieve inflammation, improve the supply of skin with oxygen and nutrients, moisturize the skin, restore hair follicles.
To this end, the following applies:
- magneto-infrared laser therapy, etc.
It is useful to use for the treatment of skin and phytotherapy. But all herbs can only be used in the form of oils or oil infusions. Otherwise, only the dryness of the skin will increase and the course of the disease will worsen.
Given that dry seborrhea has a tendency to change into a chronic, difficult-to-treat form, it is better to take preventive measures in a timely manner and prevent the onset of the disease.
Avoid the disease will help:
- Compliance with personal hygiene. Keep your skin and hair clean.
- Do not use funds with drying effect for washing and washing your head, as well as containing aggressive ingredients.
- Avoiding bad habits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Regular employment by feasible kinds of sports.
- Daily use of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as freshly squeezed juices.
- Balanced diet, refusal of products that cause allergic reactions and provoke a narrowing of blood vessels.
- Regular walks in the fresh air, solar and air baths.
- Swimming pool and sea bathing.
- Control of your health condition, timely adequate treatment of emerging diseases.
If the first signs of seborrhoea occur, the dermatologist should be contacted immediately..