Principles of treatment of foot fungus in children
It is often common for a disease such as a foot fungus in a child whose treatment needs to be done in a timely manner. However, parents simply do not know what means can be used, and also where to handle this problem..
If parents pick up uncomfortable shoes for their children, poorly monitor their hygiene, then the development of such a disease as a foot fungus is possible. Pathology delivers considerable psychological and physical discomfort. The baby becomes whimsical, whiny, irritable.
- 1General principles of treatment of the disease
- 2Conservative treatment
- 3Traditional methods of treatment
General principles of treatment of the disease.
Therapy should be carried out only after the true causes of fungal development, as well as its variety, are established. Getting rid of pathology is not so simple.
To treat a foot fungus in children is necessary, observing such rules:
- The baby's shoes should be as comfortable as possible. It is desirable that it was made of natural materials. Shoes from synthetics do not let in air, the leg sweats and the fungus develops even more intensively.
- To scratch the feet of the baby should be prohibited, so that the infection does not pass into the hands and does not spread to the whole body.
- The child must comply with the rules of personal hygiene. Clothes and shoes should always be clean and dry.
- If sores or scratches appear on the skin, they must be treated with an antiseptic.
- With the kids should often walk in the fresh air, it is important to ensure proper nutrition, temper the body.
- With the child you need to talk and explain what is his illness, what to do, and what can not be done.
- After the foot fungus of the child is defeated, all shoes and clothing must be thoroughly disinfected.
No matter how manifested infection: in the form of red spots, cracks, skin peeling, it must be treated.
Fungus can cause serious complications. In children, it is somewhat more difficult to treat, since their immunity is not yet so strong.
The minimum course of therapy is 4 months. However, mild, non-neglected forms of the disease can be overcome in just a couple of weeks.
Most often, these antifungal agents are used:
- Nizoral. It is used in the therapy of children who have already reached 3 years old or weigh more than 15 kg. It is better to apply it if large areas of skin and nails are affected. The course of treatment is about six months.
- Diflucan. This drug is used inside and is sold as a suspension. Small children generally tolerate it well, but with prolonged use, unpleasant side effects are possible. The course of therapy lasts up to 6 weeks.
- Exodermil. This drug effectively fights with yeast and mold fungi, dermatophytes. Ointment is very convenient to use, quickly absorbed by the skin, relieves symptoms.
- Fluconazole. It can be used to remove fungus even in newborn children. However, dosage and instructions for admission should be observed in strictness, since overdose may cause seizures, vomiting, headache.
Traditional methods of treatment.
If a fungus is found on the feet of a young child, it can be treated with herbal decoctions or homemade ointments. However, before using them, consult a doctor.
To treat a foot fungus in a child is possible with the help of such recipes:
- Several cloves of garlic are required to pass through a meat grinder, and then mix the resulting gruel with the same amount of butter. Every evening with this ointment it is necessary to lubricate the affected skin of the baby.
- A lotion using novocaine helps cure the fungus in babies very quickly - for 2 nights. A small piece of cotton wool should be soaked with the presented medicine and fixed on those areas where the fungal infection develops.
- Trays for feet with the use of propolis tincture, tea tree oil (has a pronounced antifungal effect), apple cider vinegar.
- Bow. This method of therapy is the simplest, safest and most effective. Vegetable should be crushed and applied to the affected foot. The leg is wrapped around with a clean, dry cloth. Sometimes children do not want to be given such a compress, because it has an unpleasant smell. However, it is necessary to explain to the baby that this is temporary, and the onion will help to cure the disease more quickly. The course of treatment lasts for 10 days. The foot should be washed with antibacterial soap. The compress is applied 2 times a day.