Treatment of fungus on fingers of hands with ointments and folk remedies
Fungus on the fingers - a disease that is difficult not to notice. As a rule, it manifests itself in the form of unpleasant symptoms, such as peeling, blisters, itching and burning. It is very simple to infect a fungus, it is enough to even shake hands with a friend or acquaintance, to visit a public place where a person with a fungus used to be. Cure the same fungus, unfortunately, more difficult..
- 1What a fungus looks like
- 2How to decide on a prescription for treatment
- 3Treatment of fungus on fingers
- 4Treatment of folicular fungus of fingers
What a fungus looks like.
In another way, the fungus on the fingers is called mycosis. This disease is caused by pathogenic microorganisms. Anyone can get infected with a fungus. As a rule, in public places, especially in such as a sauna, a bath, a pool, there are many microorganisms-pathogens of the disease. However, they can become the cause of the disease for those who have weakened immunity. Increased sweating and high air temperature can accelerate the activation of the virus.
Also, the cause of the appearance of the fungus on the hands can be covered in the patient himself.
To such reasons it is possible to carry:
- the transferred sessions of a chemotherapy;
- severe stress;
- injuries of the nail plate;
- disruptions in the endocrine system;
- weakening of the immune system.
Looks fungal skin is not very pleasant, mainly concentrates on nails, finger pads, lateral surfaces of fingers. In this case, you can see redness with papules and swelling in the affected area. In the center there is an erosion of a whitish color. Of course, with the development of mycosis, scaling also occurs.
In addition to external symptoms, the patient will feel itching and burning.
The very first symptom and a peculiar signal is the appearance of itching on the skin. Next, the fungus gradually changes to the nail plate, which begins to change color. Then the virus penetrates into the upper layer of the skin and gradually destroys it, provoking the appearance of cracks, purulent rash and flaking of the skin. These symptoms can appear on all fingers, on the palms, on the finger pads, and separately on the thumb.
How to decide on a prescription for treatment
In order to determine the method of treatment, first of all it is necessary to identify which fungus caused the disease. Only the specialist can help in this. Therefore, if there are signs of the appearance of the fungus, it is urgent to make an appointment with a dermatologist. The doctor will take a sample of the scales of the affected skin and nail for analysis and determine to which series of fungi your disease belongs.
Fungi cause the following diseases:
- Sporotrichosis is an infectious skin disease caused by a filamentous fungus. This pathogen enters the human body through small wounds, cracks and other injuries on the hands. You can recognize the disease by the gray, yellow or brown color of the nail, its foliation and brittleness, and also by cracks in the hands. Often people who work with the earth suffer from such an ailment, for example, gardeners, truck farmers, villagers, and flower growers.
- Candidiasis. This type of fungal infection occurs due to infection from the outside, since saprophytes or yeast fungi of the candida family are constantly in the human body. The virus begins to manifest itself in difficult periods for a person, such as avitaminosis, weakening of immunity, diseases accompanied by the intake of antibiotics, disorders in the breakdown of carbohydrates.
Treatment of fungus on fingers.
Let's notice, that on a question, than to treat a fungus of fingers, the expert can answer only. Treatment of skin fungus can be both local and systemic, it all depends on the stage of the disease. At the initial stage, ointments from the fungus, which must be applied directly to the lesion site, are quite effective.In more advanced versions will require a comprehensive treatment, including not only ointments and creams, but also antibiotics and other medications. Preparations for local treatment help to get rid of unpleasant symptoms of the disease, such as fungal itching, burning, peeling.
Excellent options will be:
- Exodermil - a popular drug containing naphthyfine, is available as an ointment. Apply the ointment enough once a day, after a couple of days the patient will feel better, and after 2-4 weeks the symptoms will be completely gone.
- Nizoral - a cream that is suitable for the treatment of all kinds of fungi. Apply it once a day, use 2-3 months.
- Candide - an inexpensive drug that includes Clotrimazole. It is applied twice a day, used for 4 months. You can apply the ointment to both the skin and the nails.
- Zalain is an effective ointment that fights all kinds of fungus. The main active ingredient is Sertaconazole. It is enough to use the drug for two weeks, in more advanced cases it is possible to extend the treatment to four weeks.
Before using ointments, you should consult your doctor and read the instructions to the preparation. Most antifungal ointments cause allergic reactions, and may also be contraindicated to pregnant women and people suffering from kidney disease.Drugs of local treatment of fungus can only remove symptoms. For complete destruction of the fungus, preparations of systemic administration are necessary.
As a rule, dermatologists write out the following options:
- Ketoconazole - a drug that can fight all kinds of fungi. The recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets per day, the duration of the course is determined by the doctor.
- Fluconazole - effective capsules that destroy various types of fungi. This drug is not recommended for pregnant women, as well as hypersensitive people.
- Itraconazole - a preparation containing the same name active ingredient in the capsules, fights many fungi, the treatment lasts for 1-2 weeks.
Treatment of folicular fungus of fingers
Of course, treatment with folk remedies can not be the only one, without the use of medicines you can not get rid of the fungus.Traditional medicine in the process of getting rid of the fungus of the skin, rather, is concomitant, rather than dominant. There are some methods that help speed up the process of treatment and remove some of the symptoms, but completely get rid of the fungus with their help is impossible.
Below are a few folk recipes for fighting this disease:
- Baths with soda and salt - make a solution of water, soda and sea salt. In a liter of water, add one tablespoon of both powders and mix well. Water should be at room temperature. We put our hands in the received bath and hold it for 20 minutes. This method can be used every day.
- Coffee trays - we cook good strong coffee, we cool it to room temperature, we lower hands and we keep them in a drink for 15-20 minutes. At the end of the procedure, rinse your hands with cool water and wipe dry.
- Gadgets - in advance we prepare a bandage or wadded disks. In equal proportions we take lemon juice and onion juice, mix, blend discs or bandage and apply to the lesions on the skin. We hold 15 minutes.
- Home ointment from the fungus - it is necessary to grind and mix 20 g cones of hops and burdock root, add 10 g of crushed marigold flowers. Then fill the mixture with 200 ml of water and cook for 20 minutes. The resulting broth is cooled and add to it Vaseline. Apply the ointment best every day before going to bed, store in the refrigerator.
So unpleasant a disease as a fungus on a finger, whose treatment lasts a very long time, may require some changes in the body to completely get rid of the pathology.
For example, it is often recommended that patients for effective treatment should abandon bad habits, get rid of excess weight, if any, and stop taking antibiotics and adjust food.