Treatment of fungus between toes by folk remedies
Among the various varieties of fungal infection, one of the most common - the fungus between the toes, the treatment of folk which should be used only after consultation with a dermatologist in combination with medication preparations. According to the World Health Organization, in our time about 20% of the adult population of the planet suffers from it, and this disease is more common in children. There are several reasons for this widespread spread of the pathology, among them there was a significant increase in population migration over the past decades, and also a sharp deterioration in the ecological situation, leading to a decrease in the level of immune protection, which is especially noticeable among residents of large industrial megacities..
- 1Causes and symptoms of the disease
- 2Transmission paths and diagnostic methods
- 3Methods of treatment
Causes and symptoms of the disease.
The cause of the development of this skin pathology usually becomes the pathogenic microflora of the family Tinea pedum, the colonies of which quickly multiply in a warm and humid environment, therefore, in addition to weak immunity, an additional "plus" in his favor - increased sweating feet.
The main symptoms that indicate that a person "picked up" the interdigital fungus on his legs look like this:
- redness, intensifying burning and itching of the dermis between toes;
- the appearance of a bubble rash and painful cracks in the interdigital folds;
- blisters, wet wounds and suppuration in the area of the hearth.
The foot thus reddens and swells, there is a painful syndrome.
All these signs appear not simultaneously, and in order to prevent the development of the situation in this direction, it is important to start fighting the pathogenic agent in time. The first step should be an appeal to a dermatologist or a mycologist, since only a qualified specialist is capable of establish a correct diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment, in which, along with medication, can include folk means.
Transmission paths and diagnostic methods
Most infectious forms of skin fungus, including those causing skin lesions of the foot, are so-called contagious, i.e. transmitted by contact. You can get infected either directly from a touch to the sick skin, or through the spore-contaminated household items: shoes, socks, rugs, bed linens, etc.
The most common among them are:
- Irradiation with a Wood lamp, in light of which the skin colonized by the pathological agent colonies changes its color, acquiring a greenish, golden or red shade, depending on its type.
- Scrape the tissue samples to place them under a microscope to examine the appearance of the mycelium.
- Bacterial sowing, allowing to multiply spores in the laboratory to determine their susceptibility to the effects of various medications.
- Polymerase chain reaction, by which the DNA of the microflora is determined, after which it is not difficult to establish its appearance.
After receiving the results of the laboratory analysis, the doctor determines which pharmaceutical preparations make sense in this particular case.
It depends not only on the detected pathogenic factor, but also on the individual characteristics of the patient: age, immunity status, the presence of concomitant diseases, allergic reactions, etc.
Methods of treatment. Undoubtedly, the basis of the strategy in the treatment of any fungal pathology, including interdigital fungus stop, should become a dermatologist or mycologist appointed pharmaceutical preparations fungicidal actions. Their choice is rich enough: these are the means of external application (ointments, creams, sprays), and oral tableted or capsular forms. Treating the fungus between the toes by folk remedies can serve as an additional way to combat the pathogenic microflora.
We offer several recipes to choose from:
- Potato sprouts are a proven remedy for fungus, including on the feet. Chopping half a glass of sprouts, you need to fill them with alcohol or vodka to a full glass, insist for 3-5 days in the dark and lubricate the mass of the affected area.
- Having dissolved one table. spoon of ammonia in a glass of water, moisten a piece of cotton cloth in the solution. After wrapping the foot, put the PET bag on top, then the sock. Perform the procedure better at night.
- Before going to bed, sprinkle your legs, pour the interdigital space with powdered boric acid.
- 50 ml of strong tea leaves are mixed with 9% table vinegar (2 h. l.). Moistened in a solution with a gauze or cotton ball to lubricate the diseased skin. Repeat the procedure as often as possible.
- Wet cotton swabs with alcohol, lay them between the fingers. Change tampons several times during the day.
We remind you that you can use folk remedies only after consulting a specialist.
During the treatment, it is necessary to strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene: daily wash your feet, change socks, sterilize shoes, wipe it with disinfectant solution, if possible, treat it with steam. The course of treatment usually lasts at least a month, and to stop it on its own initiative, even if all the external symptoms of the disease have already disappeared, in no way should be.