Psoriasis in the ears: symptoms and ways of treatment
Psoriasis in the ears, arising at any age, refers to autoimmune diseases. It provokes the acceleration of skin cells. As a result, scales are formed, when placed in the auricle, a diagnosis is made-psoriasis of the ear. Most often it manifests itself in adolescence. For treatment you need to use medicines, ointments and special procedures..
Particular attention should be paid to the appearance of psoriasis in infancy to avoid the development of pathologies and complications. To treat psoriasis is necessary only on the advice of a specialist.
- 2Methods of treatment
- 3Prognosis for treatment
First of all, you may experience pain and itching in the auricle. If you have such symptoms, you can assume the development of psoriasis. Usually it develops in the outer part of the ear. But regardless of this, scales appear and the formation of a wicking wound, which will dry out periodically. In this regard, hearing may worsen.
- Skin irritation in the auricle.
- The skin becomes dry and starts to crack.
- There may be bleeding.
- Appears noticeable swelling in the ear.
- Large concentration of blood in the vessels of the ear.
- Allocations will have an unpleasant odor.
- There may be warts.
These characteristics can contribute to the swelling of the face. Puffiness appears in the eyes, mouth or nose. When psoriasis develops in the ears, it can spread to the lips, tongue, or gums.
Not very often, but the development of ear psoriasis in very young children. When the first signs of dermatitis appear, you need to contact the pediatrician. In infants, the treatment will differ from the treatment received in people at an older age.
Psoriasis in the auricle can spread to the scalp. In this place, the treatment will be hampered by hair growth.
Physicians distinguish certain symptoms with the appearance of seborrheic psoriasis:
- A stearin stain appears. It will be in scales that will be more noticeable if this place is rubbed.
- After peeling of the scales, a smooth film will remain, it is called terminal film.
- If the terminal film is damaged, blood is released. This is called bloody dew.
Methods of treatment
When you have a characteristic symptom, you must always consult a doctor. You may need to consult a dermatologist and an ENT doctor. This will depend on visual inspection and location, damaged ear sites.
Treatment is conducted using medicines and folk remedies. The preparation of a program for the treatment of psoriasis occurs after the examination and only by a specialist.
With a doctor, you need to agree on the use of phytotherapy, and any treatment.
- For treatment, non-steroid drugs can be used that can be administered in any form of psoriasis. With their use there will be a reduction in existing lesions, itching and pain will disappear. With psoriasis in the auricle, there may be a side effect in the form of a headache.
- Steroid preparations can also be used. They can be combined with other medicines. This will make the treatment effective.
- To alleviate discomfort, jojoba oil or olive oil is used. This will help to soften the affected skin, but this is not an effective treatment. It can be used only on the outer part of the auricle and must be prevented from entering the ear.
- During this period, the auricles will need additional care. It is necessary to clean your ears, as usual. You can moisten the tampon in hydrogen peroxide to prevent infection.
- In this case, aloe can be useful. To do this, you need to break the sheet to squeeze out the juice and wipe them formed plaques.
If you have hearing problems and the hearing channel closes, do not attempt to clean it yourself.
It is necessary to apply to a medical institution, and the expert will do everything. He has special tools that do not harm the eardrums, and he has a great experience of such procedures.
Prognosis for treatment.
The manifestation of psoriasis does not always go into a chronic form.
With proper treatment, you can achieve a long period of remission and virtually get rid of the moments of exacerbation.
But you must always remember that the skin has become vulnerable and requires more attention.
Provoke an aggravation may be such factors:
- Long stay in the sun.
- Sharp change of climate or time of year.
- Temperature changes.
- Infections and bacteria.
- Stressful situations.
- Injuries of the skin.
After the course of treatment is not recommended:
- Use a hairdryer. If it is very necessary to try not to bring it to your head closer than 30 cm.
- Long is in the room where the air conditioner works.
These measures are necessary for the reason that these devices are able to absorb moisture from the air, and the damaged skin can dry up. And this will provoke an exacerbation of psoriasis in the ear.
Preventive measures will be recommended in the winter and spring period. It is necessary to use a set of recommended vitamins. Use folk remedies for preventive purposes. Treatment is almost always long..