Signs of cancer in children
To date, there is no reliable cause of the formation of cancer in children of childhood. The world medical society actively searches for effective ways of prevention of oncological diseases in children. But despite all the efforts made, the only malignant neoplasm that can be prevented by vaccination is cervical cancer.
In children, cancer diseases such as leukemia and tumors of the nervous system are most common. Doctors-oncologists point to the existence of so-called onkostorozhennosti, which consists in the knowledge of simple initial symptoms, signaling the formation of a cancerous tumor.
Common signs of cancer in children
- Loss of appetite and as a result of sudden weight loss.
- The development of anemia, which manifests itself in the form of pale skin.
- Persistent elevation of body temperature to subfebrile indicators, which is not associated with chronic inflammatory processes.
- Changes from the central nervous system: capriciousness of the child, rapid psychological fatigue, development of forgetfulness.
Signs of blood cancer in children
- Fragility of blood vessels. A minor injury can cause extensive hematoma and subsequently a bulky bruise. Also, frequent bleeding is evidence of a clotting disorder.
- Manifestations of anemia that appear externally in the form of increased dryness of the skin, pallor of the mucous membranes, general weakness, malaise, sleep disturbance. Precise determination of hemoglobin values is carried out using a general blood test.
- Frequent infection with viruses and bacteria. Reduction of nonspecific protective abilities of the organism leads to the emergence of all kinds of infectious diseases.
- Disappearance of appetite, which is accompanied by a decrease in body weight.
- Increased sweating, which occurs both during physical activity and at rest.
- Fragility of bone structures and increased fragility of bones.
- A specific sign of blood cancer in children is a systemic increase in lymph nodes.
Treatment of blood cancer in children
A combination therapy is used to treat leukemia, which includes:
- Conservative treatment consists in conducting a course of chemotherapy. Dosing and dosage of cytotoxic agents are calculated individually for each small patient. During this period, blood transfusion and glucocorticoid hormones are used as maintenance therapy.
- The surgical technique includes performing a surgical operation for bone marrow transplantation.
The choice of the method is carried out depending on the general condition of the patient and the stage of the oncological process.
Signs of brain cancer in children
Brain cancer in children ranks second among childhood cancers. Malignant neoplasms that are located far from vital centers for a long time are asymptomatic, which significantly complicates early diagnosis. Conversely, a tumor near the nerve centers, causes early manifestations of pathology in the form of increased intracranial pressure.
At the beginning of tumor growth, the symptoms of cancer affect the signs of general intoxication. Subsequently, the child has a headache, which is formed in the morning and increases when the position of the body changes.
Newborn children with malignant neoplasms of the brain become especially capricious, often the skin of the face is grasped behind the head and rubbed.
A common symptom of brain damage is morning vomiting, accompanied by painful attacks. Over time, there is a lack of coordination and convulsions.
Methods of treating brain cancer in children
Therapy of tumors of the central nervous system is a very complex problem, since not all types of brain tumors can be surgically treated. In most cases, oncologists are resorting to a combined method of treatment, which consists in the surgical removal of cancer tissues, the use of radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Radiotherapy consists in the use of highly active ionizing radiation, which causes the death of malignant tissues.
Cytological pharmaceutical cancer treatments have a systemic effect on the patient's body, which is necessary to prevent the occurrence of relapses..