Antibiotic for the treatment of eczema
Although eczema is not an infectious disease, antibiotics with eczema are unique medications. After all, they have a positive effect not on the surface layers of the skin, but penetrate deeply into the affected tissue. Most often an antibiotic for the treatment of eczema is practiced if a fungal or bacterial infection joins, with a large increase in the eczema-affected area. These drugs are used topically, by injection or inside. What are the most effective antibiotics for eczema?.
- 1Drugs for topical treatment
- 2Therapy of eczema by pills and injections
- 3"For" and "against" antibiotics
Drugs for topical treatment.
These include a number of effective tools:
- Pimafukort - ointment, which includes hydrocortisone and antibiotic neomycin sulfate. Neomycin sulfate is a broad spectrum of action. Pimafukort has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect. Apply ointment with infected eczema, ulcerative skin lesions. Apply to inflamed skin areas two to four times during the day. The necessary course of treatment is from two weeks to one month.
- Gyoxysone is an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent. Pharmacology offers giuysion - aerosol for topical application and ointment for external use. Contains, in addition to hydrocortisone, oxytetracycline. It is an antibiotic that has a bacteriostatic effect. Effective in allergic eczema with concomitant microbial infection, purulent skin lesions. Gyoksizon - a combined agent that reduces inflammation of the skin.
- Oxycorte - a combined agent, which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect. Contains active substances: oxytetracycline and hydrocortisone. The course of oxycorticotherapy is one to two weeks. But in the treatment of eczema in children, the course should be five to seven days.
- Akriderm Genta is a medicinal ointment of combined type. Reduces inflammation, removes swelling on the affected areas of the epidermis. Also has antipruritic effect.
- Celestoderm with the antibiotic Garamycin - has a local antibacterial effect. The inflamed part of the skin is smeared twice - in the morning and in the evening. But with severe forms of eczema, more frequent use is possible.
Spray the aerosol for several days. The ointment is applied three times throughout the day with a thin layer on the affected area.
Therapy of eczema by pills and injections
In the treatment of dermatological disease, the greatest effect is given by the injection of antibiotics and tablets. For the treatment of the skin, broad-spectrum drugs are recommended.
- Erythromycin is an antibiotic from a number of macrolides. For effective bactericidal action must be consumed in large doses. Tablets aimed at the antimicrobial effect, taken inside one hour before eating. The daily dose is every four hours.
- Oxacillin is a drug from the penicillin group. Dosage forms are various: tablets or powder for intravenous, intramuscular injections.
- Doxycycline is a medicinal form with a wide effect. Doxycycline penetrates deeply into eczema-affected tissues, suppressing the ability of pathogenic microorganisms to multiply. This medication is characterized by a high therapeutic effect and a longer action.
- Ciprofloxacin is recommended for systemic use. Antimicrobial agent from a number of fluoroquinolones. Regular use blocks the path to repeated multiplication of pathogens.
- Lincomycin - used intravenously or intramuscularly. For a short period, it destroys bacteria in inflamed areas of the skin.
- Ampicillin - is recommended in the treatment of eczema caused by mixed infections. Like many antibiotics, it is endowed with a large range of action.
- The group of cephalosporins is characterized by an antimicrobial range. They have high efficacy and low toxicity, therefore they are most often used in medical practice.
- Macrolides are a number of preparations of a broad antibacterial range. Well penetrate into the affected areas, are considered the least toxic.
"For" and "against" antibiotics.
With dermatological skin disease, anti-inflammatory drugs are recommended in two cases:
- when purulent infections are added to the underlying disease;
- with the microbial form of eczema.
To properly select the most effective drug, it is necessary to conduct laboratory tests to determine the sensitivity to the antibiotic. Usually for the treatment of eczema appoint a wide range of drugs.
What is the advantage of using antibacterial substances?
- Efficiently destroys pathogens in the deep layers of the epidermis.
- Indispensable for purulent lesions.
- Give a quick recovery result: the average course of using such medications is up to fifteen days.
In addition, there are advantages of external medicinal substances that contain antibiotics. Overdosage of topical drugs is not possible. Let's say the instructions say to apply cream or ointment three times during the day. This procedure can be repeated after each washing of hands. As a rule, an ointment with an antibiotic will not have a negative effect on the epidermis or the body as a whole.
However, most of these agents should be used with caution, because they can cause irreparable harm to the body:
- Some antibiotics, for example, tetracyclines increase the sensitivity of the dermis to solar radiation. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid direct sunlight.
- Most preparations for eczema kill not only pathogenic organisms, but also a beneficial microflora.
- Possible adverse reactions, for example, an allergy to a particular antibiotic.
- A number of tetracyclines are not desirable for children under 10 years of age, as there may be disruptions in the development of teeth and bones.
- With prolonged use of antibiotics, habituation develops and the curative effect decreases. In this case, you need to take a break in therapy or replace the drug.
Therapeutic course of antibiotics must be carried out until the inflammatory process disappears completely and the damaged parts of the epidermis are healed.
Although the use of antibiotics gives a positive result in the therapy of eczema, it must be remembered that such remedies are not the only panacea. Eliminate dermatological disease can only complex therapy with other medicamental methods..